• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally did it :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too spicy....makes me sweat profusely.
Not a pretty sight.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Nimos

There is a Thai restaurant nearby, they serve very good food. A couple of years ago we were having dinner there when in walked a rowdy Dutch crowd. One, boasts to his friends, i like it hot, very hot, waiter, I want your hottest green curry.

The waiting went to the kitchen area, returned some time later with there meals. Mr Boastful took one huge mouthful and fell to the floor coughing and spluttering to the raucous laughter of his friends.

The waiter sat him up and fed him milk. Mr Boastful did eat any more.

Moral of the story never boast you want the hottest to a little, demure Thai cook.
I know they make some very hot food occasionally, so I would never personally ask them to make something very hot :D

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
The hottest I'll go is Frank's hot sauce, and I only use it sparingly. Once I put too much on beef stew and I haven't used it since. It's one thing that if it's hot, but it needs to taste good too. Imagine using hot sauce that paralyzes the tongue. You can't taste after that! Why would you consume something that temporarily stops you from being able to taste? Hmm.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The hottest I'll go is Frank's hot sauce, and I only use it sparingly. Once I put too much on beef stew and I haven't used it since. It's one thing that if it's hot, but it needs to taste good too. Imagine using hot sauce that paralyzes the tongue. You can't taste after that! Why would you consume something that temporarily stops you from being able to taste? Hmm.
I'm like that with polbano peppers. My go-to Mexican restaurant has them. Loaded with pepperjack. Yum. Then water.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a Thai restaurant nearby, they serve very good food. A couple of years ago we were having dinner there when in walked a rowdy Dutch crowd. One, boasts to his friends, i like it hot, very hot, waiter, I want your hottest green curry.

The waiting went to the kitchen area, returned some time later with there meals. Mr Boastful took one huge mouthful and fell to the floor coughing and spluttering to the raucous laughter of his friends.

The waiter sat him up and fed him milk. Mr Boastful did eat any more.

Moral of the story never boast you want the hottest to a little, demure Thai cook.
Lol something similar happened at my local Philippine (well it’s actually a bit of a mix) restaurant

My friend and I were picking up some take away and a rather sloppy bloke came in demanding their hottest dish. The waiter winked at us, told the man nothing would make the chef happier and quickly disappeared.

Needless to say the sloppy man was not eager to order something hot for a long time after that lol