• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Authority

MikeDwight

Huh? really? Well that makes Presbyterians the Protestant Sola Scriptura, but that's because of the reasonable follow-up argument that I stated, God has Completed the Revelation to be said to mankind.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Do you have infallible scripture

given by inspiration of God ?

1. none of the original autographs theory

2. only the original autographs theory

3. purified text theory

Scripture is not infallible. It was never intended to be.
There are no “original” texts.

sojourner

The Record Theory answers
the questions of final canonization
and final authority.

Can I speak rude in speech,
but not in knowledge.

You don't even know
what the questions are.

I dearly wish you’d learn to use the quote feature so we can tell who you’re directing your comments to.

James2028

We're way pass the questions
of the authority of scripture.

The purified text theory
is Bible canonization.

The record theory
is final canonization.

Answer the question
and give a brief explanation.

sojourner

The purified text theory
is Bible canonization.

The record theory
is final canonization.

Answer the question
STATE. A. QUESTION. You give these vague, half-formed statements and demand that we “answer the question,” but there’s no question.

sojourner

The purified text theory
is Bible canonization.

The record theory
is final canonization.

Answer the question
Do you know how to use the quote function? Many times you just create posts. Then, it appears you’re quoting your own text, which does not appear when we try to reply to you.

MikeDwight

Video: Inspiration: The Original Autographs Only? – AV1611 Blog

I sort of searched around what he's trying to talk about. That's kind of interesting. Perhaps only the original copy is Divinely Inspired? It all sounds like something a Muslim would say. They like having spread Islam with a language from their prophet.

Would we know and have on hand the original Greek of the New Testament or the Jewish Old Testament? It would seem like someone would be pretty proud of having all those books in the Bible on Hand in one place. In fact, we're talking about the "compilation" of books for the Bible in those times

sojourner

Video: Inspiration: The Original Autographs Only? – AV1611 Blog

I sort of searched around what he's trying to talk about. That's kind of interesting. Perhaps only the original copy is Divinely Inspired? It all sounds like something a Muslim would say. They like having spread Islam with a language from their prophet.

Would we know and have on hand the original Greek of the New Testament or the Jewish Old Testament? It would seem like someone would be pretty proud of having all those books in the Bible on Hand in one place. In fact, we're talking about the "compilation" of books for the Bible in those times
It’s bogus scholarship, though.

sojourner

Thank you for helping use the formate.
Some Christian's believe God shall he
hims

Yes, that's exactly right.
The central critical issue
in academic theology
is final authority.

The Quran is a silly plagiarism
of the Holy Bible.

Biblical Theology in English
came from Oxford, Cambridge,
Harvard, Yale and Princeton.
Wait... I thought you said there’s no such thing as “the Bible.” But in this post, you say there is. Which is it?

James2028

no alibi, got my dates mixed up,
when I think of a HOLY BIBLE
I think of the most published,
distributed, translated,
preached and believed
BOOK of all time

sojourner

Un

Be sincere.
Share your scholarship with us.
Do you have infallible scripture
given by inspiration of God ?
There is no infallible scripture. Human beings are fallible — no matter how inspired they are.

The scholarship is apologetic in nature, and not critical or exegetical. That’s why it’s bogus. It’s a slugfest between the Protestants and Catholics as to “who’s more authoritative.” “Inspiration” and “authority” are not reality-based attributes. This is like trying to apply mathematics to love. It doesn’t work that way.