• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

filling a void left by Jesus?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought he was comparing Jesus to Alexi and Siri as a means of saying Jesus isn't real

Siri is real. I have her on my phone. I think Alexa, on the other hand, is imaginary.

Siri is the One True Virtual Assistant. All other virtual assistants are fake.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think I understand the point you are trying to make...

But I'm not sure...
Sorry for butting in.
I was reflecting more on your situation. There is a void left. Although you were partly responsible for it, unlike in the death of a loved one, it's still a void. When death takes Mom or Dad, or a spouse, there is a definitive emptiness, and as I said before, as in that case, I think time will heal it. Not always though. Some folks are unable to get over the death of a loved one.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My view is that Jesus was a means to God and his path. He was a door of God that you have no option to turn away from him. Those who loved him would be saved by his intercession from hell and those who oppose him would perish by him.

If the Bible has problems that you don't trust Moses and his successors, and those group of guides, you are to find another path and book and guides, but to give up on finding those who are to be taken as authorities and guides and the true kings of humanity, is setting up yourself for darkness.

You are to search and find them and find God's revelation.
You have no option. You cannot give up.
If not Jesus then you have to find it in Mohammad.
How about finding it in Bahaollah or Mirza Gholam Ahmad?
But you cannot and should not be independent of them.
It is independence that the Abrahamic religions hate.

We have a story of a bear and the blanket. A bear and a man were both drowning in a furious flood. the bear clutched the man as the last straw. Some one from the shore thinking that the man is carrying a blanket, shouted that you need to leave the blanket. The drowning man replied, I am trying to leave the blanket but the blanket is not allowing me to leave it.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

Here's a pic of him in action:

View attachment 51310
Fill the void by correcting Christians. When they say that we need to pray to Jesus to win the war in Iraq, tell them that God said "thou shalt not kill." When Religious Right politicians make the homeless starve, remind them of Jesus.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have no option. You cannot give up.
If not Jesus then you have to find it in Mohammad.
How about finding it in Bahaollah or Mirza Gholam Ahmad?
But you cannot and should not be independent of them.
It is independence that the Abrahamic religions hate.

We have a story of a bear and the blanket. A bear and a man were both drowning in a furious flood. the bear clutched the man as the last straw. Some one from the shore thinking that the man is carrying a blanket, shouted that you need to leave the blanket. The drowning man replied, I am trying to leave the blanket but the blanket is not allowing me to leave it.

You are right we hate it, reminds me of the son of Noah that was drowned. He believed in Noah supposedly but wanted to be independent, at the end he disbelieved by not embarking on the ship that sails by the name of God with other believers.

Independency is for losers in my view, literally, losers who lose everything in the next world.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Hi eddi. I left the faith after my entire teenage years being immersed in it. I do deeply empathize with your transition. It is a heck of a thing to believe that you rest in the palm of the hand of an omnipotent being. It left me feeling empty, confused, and unsure of a great many things, like my purpose for living, how to decipher right from wrong, some really pressing challenges. Leaving that ideology can be very disconcerting. What I can assure you is that in time, you will become accustomed to this and it won't be such a big deal. In my journey, I passed through several religions before I could finally say that I did not believe. My de-conversion was a journey that took me literally a dozen years. As they say, this too shall pass. So to thine own self be true.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My de-conversion was a journey that took me literally a dozen years. As they say, this too shall pass. So to thine own self be true.
My de-conversion (of sort, because I did not cease to be a Hindu. I adopted an atheist belief of Hinduism) took at the maximum 10 minutes. I asked myself if the deities that I was worshiping real? Is there any proof of God, soul or reincarnation? The answer was 'no'. Then I said why should I continue to be a theist? Chapter closed and atheists gained one member to the tribe.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hi eddi. I left the faith after my entire teenage years being immersed in it. I do deeply empathize with your transition. It is a heck of a thing to believe that you rest in the palm of the hand of an omnipotent being. It left me feeling empty, confused, and unsure of a great many things, like my purpose for living, how to decipher right from wrong, some really pressing challenges. Leaving that ideology can be very disconcerting. What I can assure you is that in time, you will become accustomed to this and it won't be such a big deal. In my journey, I passed through several religions before I could finally say that I did not believe. My de-conversion was a journey that took me literally a dozen years. As they say, this too shall pass. So to thine own self be true.
Those are encouraging realistic words.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

View attachment 51310
Quote I feel that he was never there in the first place Unquote
What void do you mean? The one that was never filled?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

It's like we have to reinvent yourselves, since a lot of our mindset was taken over by dogma and we're taught to stuff our natural inclinations down.

sealchan

Maybe you're right

And I suppose I could always fill the spiritual void I feel with non-spiritual stuff

Is the void you are feeling that of some sort of spiritual figure with whom you have a deep personal relationship?

sealchan

View attachment 51310

If you are looking for a spiritual significant other then look no further than your dreams...

nPeace

Veteran Member
I mean that I thought he was there but he wasn't, that I was mistaken
Of course you were. So why do you say fill the void that Jesus left? Isn't that misleading? How could someone leave where they have never been?
If anything, should it not rather be... "I feel a void in my life, that I imagined was filled, but I was apparently mistaken, but now I would like to know what I can fill it with."
That way, others can still offer suggestions.

In the Bible, Jesus offers an invitation to come to him.
He says, "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you." (Matthew 11:28)
He never forces his way into anyone's life.
That person must open the door, and... not reluctantly, but willingly - with a smile - say, "Come in."
Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to. . ." (Matthew 16:24)

Many people, :(, have been misled into thinking that they invited Jesus, not realizing that they let a stranger in. John 10:1-6
So when they feel empty, they say to the stranger, "Leave." Then they tell others. " I invited Jesus, bu he did nothing for me."
Alll the while, the stranger is
t1440.gif
- sort of reminds me of the Joker's grin, and singing to himself, 'Hee Hee. Another one bites the dust.'

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, yeah
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

t1434.gif

I hope I haven't encouraged you to go play the song. It's one of those backmasked records, made especially for the unwary. :D.
However, one can fill the empty void in their life with anything but Jesus, they will all be the same thing, and lead to the same outcome... account to John 3:36. This is because, "there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." according to the Bible. (Acts 4:12)

Last edited: