• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

filling a void left by Jesus?

InChrist

Free4ever
Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

Here's a pic of him in action:

View attachment 51310
You could try seeking the real Jesus Christ, the One who created all things, came to dwell with humanity, go to the cross to bring freedom from sin, and rose from the grave in victory over death, rather than made up images, ideas, or golden crucifixes. Other than finding and know the authentic Jesus, I have no suggestion.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Now that I have realised I am computational rather than organic I feel much happier about everything.
Although I can imagine others might find it disturbing
That is what we call 'maya', and the Buddhists term as 'anatta'. Not many can understand this.

MatthewA

That is what we call 'maya', and the Buddhists term as 'anatta'. Not many can understand this.

Aupmanyav in Christianity I believe it is called the spirit of Christ/holy spirt that lives within us as believers, and it causes us to love; and not be judging or condemning of others.

oh I though your comment was to me my apologize either way much respect.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

View attachment 51310

Have you read Luke 15:11-31 ?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I tend to think that if there's a God or Gods and they wanted all of us to believe in Him/Them, they could and would have done that by now through all sorts of means so there would be no doubt. Instead, I tend to think that it's the Search that's most important, and since all societies that we know of have religion as one of their "five basic institutions", this drive appears to be built into us in some manner. And since different environments would necessitate somewhat different lifestyles, the "message" probably could not be uniform as far as the details are concerned.

Thus, using this approach, the basic message must be "short & sweet", such as Love and Truth, which was Gandhi's main message and one that I have adopted. So, maybe the KISS approach has been right all along.:shrug:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

View attachment 51310

Fill the void with your own spirit?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

View attachment 51310
Yeah, by going back to Him. If you feel a void leaving Him behind, that's a sign you shouldn't leave Him.

Colt

"The philosophic elimination of religious fear and the steady progress of science add greatly to the mortality of false gods; and even though these casualties of man-made deities may momentarily befog the spiritual vision, they eventually destroy that ignorance and superstition which so long obscured the living God of eternal love. The relation between the creature and the Creator is a living experience, a dynamic religious faith, which is not subject to precise definition. To isolate part of life and call it religion is to disintegrate life and to distort religion. And this is just why the God of worship claims all allegiance or none." UB 1955

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Eddi, for those who have never gone through the process of de-converting from a religion, it can be really scary. You can lose friends, family, relationships. One of the nice things about thinking you have the answer on how to live forever, only to find out no one is living forever, is you can can now start living your actual life. First piece of advice I would give you is to be HAPPY. Now you know how precious this life really is! It's not like a grain of sand in the span of eternity - it is your entire eternity. What is left of it will fly by fast. You can stop thinking about eternal torture and salvation for your soul and focus on the only life you know for sure you have. Be a good person and treat people the way you want to be treated, and enjoy your life. We're all lucky to be sharing it together.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

When I left Christianity, I left religion altogether, a good move for me.

Yes, it was a difficult transition, and I know what you mean about a void. It was a grieving process of sorts, just like losing a loved one, and it took at least a year to stop wondering if I had made a mistake.

Quitting cigarettes was similar. Deeply ingrained behaviors are difficult and painful to alter.

Secular humanism has been a more stable and successful worldview than religion was. Once you make the transition, you become fine accepting the idea that there may be no god or afterlife. As far as we know, that's how it is, and if that's the case, that's alright.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My view is that Jesus was a means to God and his path. He was a door of God that you have no option to turn away from him. Those who loved him would be saved by his intercession from hell and those who oppose him would perish by him.

If the Bible has problems that you don't trust Moses and his successors, and those group of guides, you are to find another path and book and guides, but to give up on finding those who are to be taken as authorities and guides and the true kings of humanity, is setting up yourself for darkness.

You are to search and find them and find God's revelation.