• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

filling a void left by Jesus?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

Here's a pic of him in action:

sermon.jpg

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm still basically a Noachide under the surface. I think you just need to accept it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Lately I have abandoned Christianity and now consider myself an Agnostic. I kind of half believe and half disbelieve in a type of Supreme Being but most certainly not in the God of Abraham, as featured in The Bible.

I am therefore down a friend. But now I feel that he was never there in the first place :(

I have removed my golden crucifix from my golden chain but continue to wear the chain

Does anyone know how I can fill the spiritual void I feel now that Jesus Christ has evaporated out of my life?

View attachment 51310

I hear people can make pretty good friends. Or puppies.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm still basically a Noachide under the surface. I think you just need to accept it.
Maybe you're right

And I suppose I could always fill the spiritual void I feel with non-spiritual stuff

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

View attachment 51310

Do you believe you still need to be saved?

Find good innate things about yourself and find good spiritual outlook. Find ways you are not inherently a bad person (if that's what you had believed).

It could be anything from smiling to taking care of people. You don't have to believe in a supreme being and need to feel like a sinner for Christ to believe you are inherently blessed and whatever you believe the source of the universe is doesn't need to talk and be in scripture.

People will tell you to follow Christ but what they should (imo) be saying is follow your heart.

You'll get it.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Jesus can still represent the things that make the Biblical figure such a sweetheart. He's a symbol for universal love, tolerance, equality and the knowledge that the "kingdom" is within you.

If that isn't cutting it I recommend having a look into Eastern religion, in particular the Advaita Vedanta school of Hinduism. It's chock full of huge and amazing ideas, wise teachers and the claim that at the heart of the world is eternal consciousness-bliss. If that doesn't fill a hole then you should sell your spirituality on Gumtree.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 51310

That pic represents the Sermon on the Mount. That and the other “red letters” (the actual words of Jesus in red type to set them apart) are pretty much the only use I have for the Bible. There is also the Jefferson Bible. Thomas Jefferson took the four gospels and literally cut and pasted the events into a chronological order, forming one coherent narrative. He left out references to miracles and the Resurrection, since he didn’t believe in them. There’s no reason to kick Jesus to the curb along with Christianity itself. You can still think of him as your guru. There’s no need to buy into what mainstream Christianity sells. In fact, Jesuism is just this.

Colt

View attachment 51310
You left Jesus but he didn't leave you. "Belief" is just that, belief about the past. Faith is an action, its a trust in God like Jesus trusted God.

As a revelation of the Father Jesus proved the Old Testament to be an inaccurate portrayal of the Father.

Again, if you seek the will of God, trust in Gods guidance, then your experience with God will bring a whole new experience to your faith life.

But to your question, If God was just a trinket on a chain to you, then you don't need another trinket.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You left Jesus but he didn't leave you. "Belief" is just that, belief about the past. Faith is an action, its a trust in God like Jesus trusted God.

As a revelation of the Father Jesus proved the Old Testament to be an inaccurate portrayal of the Father.

Again, if you seek the will of God, trust in Gods guidance, then your experience with God will bring a whole new experience to your faith life.

But to your question, If God was just a trinket on a chain to you, then you don't need another trinket.
He was never just a trinket to me, not at all

I believed in it all

The thing I had around my neck was simply a badge of my allegiance, an outward sign of an inner faith

MatthewA

I believed in it all

The thing I had around my neck was simply a badge of my allegiance, an outward sign of an inner faith

Can I ask you what part of church you went to?

was it mormonism? Or Jehovah witness or soemthing because you sound really burned.

Colt

I believed in it all

Are you now looking for a new allegiance other than God? I've had my beliefs dinged several times, its part of giving up the old "scaffolding" for the new discoveries. Each time my humpty dumpty fell off the wall, and I was angry (at God of all things) quietly the great reality deep within was there waiting patiently for me to return. God is like that, he's our friend and Father, he's raising us to be adults in spirit.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Can I ask you what part of church you went to?

was it mormonism? Or Jehovah witness or soemthing because you sound really burned.
A mainstream Protestant denomination, not LDS or JW

I'm still friends with people from my church though