• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Filianism/Deanism

Araceli Cianna

Is anyone else here a Filianic/Deanic? This sub-forum hasn't had much love so share your experiences/personal brand of faith with Dea here. It's be great to meet others with similar belief systems :) I personally am a Christian too and blend Goddess spirituality with Christianity. I believe the Holy Spirit is the Divine Feminine, the Great Mother, and I believe in all Her aspects and Jayani as a fully developed thealogy in concert with Christianity.

The story of the Daughter to me is much like Jesus story and I see the two as reflections or aspects of each other, the same way I see the Mother and Father as reflections/aspects of each other.

When I came across Filianism/Deanism I just knew it was for me. There was a feeling of coming home, something I have only experienced before with the Father from Christianity. Dea was just calling to me and I feel these two paths are fully compatible.

Are there others of you who blend Filianism/Deanism with your traditional religion?

NadiaMoon

Is anyone else here a Filianic/Deanic? This sub-forum hasn't had much love so share your experiences/personal brand of faith with Dea here. It's be great to meet others with similar belief systems :) I personally am a Christian too and blend Goddess spirituality with Christianity. I believe the Holy Spirit is the Divine Feminine, the Great Mother, and I believe in all Her aspects and Jayani as a fully developed thealogy in concert with Christianity.

The story of the Daughter to me is much like Jesus story and I see the two as reflections or aspects of each other, the same way I see the Mother and Father as reflections/aspects of each other.

When I came across Filianism/Deanism I just knew it was for me. There was a feeling of coming home, something I have only experienced before with the Father from Christianity. Dea was just calling to me and I feel these two paths are fully compatible.

Are there others of you who blend Filianism/Deanism with your traditional religion?
Hello! i am not too sure if i would call myself a Deanist yet as i am still doing a lot a soul searching, i am a Goddess worshiper and believe that Our Mother created everything/everyone but i take more of a Panentheist take on it. May i ask how to incorporate christianity into your beliefs? from what i know, Deanism/Filianism states that there is Only One- (Dea) who is the absolute and can have no consort

Araceli Cianna

I have read that the more liberal/individual sects of Deanism/Filianism usually worship the Mother alongside the Father. So that is how I incorporate it into my Christian beliefs. I see them as the same Source, same Essence, and I take a Panenthestic view of the Universe too!

Tomyris

Esoteric Traditionalist
I was tangentially involved in Aristasia for a short while, and Aristasians are Filianists, as a rule. I regard myself as still being one, within the strictures of the understanding created by the actual foundations of the Aristasian philosophy.

The belief originates from the age of the counterculture movement at Cambridge and Oxford in the 1960s and the resistance to it by a group of young intellectual women, sapphistly inclined but ultra conservative, who regarded the developments of modern culture and the modern "LGBT" movement with dismay as being, essentially, contrary to the real emotional current, the real psychological desires, and indeed the entire real natural socio-cultural order of nations.

They were enamoured with Guénon and the entire Perennialist or Esoteric Traditionalist movement. The sacred works of the Mother God came out of this, very heavily influenced by Hindu philosophy and scripture. The problem, of course, which prevented the movement from growing beyond a few thousands of adherents at its height is that there is a tension between Guénon and the idea of this rebirth of a religion. While the historical tradition that was uncovered by Gimbutas was intended as the direct lineage of the authentic spiritual truth, the original revelation to womankind, of course, the reality is that this traditional line has been mostly broken. This is why so many Aristasians engage in Marian devotion: Those sisters regard the cult of Mary as the closest thing to the conserved wisdom.

But the realisation of most Esoteric Traditionalists, including myself, is that, of course, we can only be absolutely sure that we are, in fact, conserving the Sophia Perennis, within an Orthodox, Conservative religious belief. For many of the men who are Esoteric Traditionalists, that led them to Islam. Alas, but they have an easier time of it, for the situation of conversion in Hinduism is complicated--but the tradition of our Mother in Hinduism is the oldest, stronger, most extant tradition of our Mother in the world. If one is uncertain, or questioning, to follow and adhere strictly to the doctrines of Hinduism therefore offers the promise of the Sophia Perennis. So as the Aristasian movement fragmented, I quietly moved on, and began to study Hinduism with the intent of applying it all according to authentic orthodoxy (i.e., correctness), believing nothing but devotion to Shakti can properly be called authentic Deanism in this final age of the pit.

To walk the Deanist path for me was to take seriously and with humility the reasoning of Guénon, and thus to allow myself to be led to Hinduism.

Manoah

I resonate with so much of the previous post as I was drawn to Shakti first through meditation and mantra. I came across the concept of direct, unbroken lineage on the Chapel of our Mother God website and used it as a guidepost to find the divine feminine in Hindu (Shakti), Buddhist (Kuan Yin), and Christian (Sophia, Mary) traditions. Monette Chilson's book Sophia Rising has helped me see ways to blend Buddhist philosophy, Christian faith, and Yoga practice. I have been reading the Devi Gita (Song of the Goddess).

Then through my interest in tarot cards and oracle cards, I extended my experience of the divine feminine to include Isis, Gaia, and other faces of Dea, constructing some Goddess wheels that cycle through the Maiden, Lover, Mother, and Crone aspects. The other helpful principle that I learned on the Chapel of our Mother God website is that Dea is making access in worship more free and easy because of the neglect of the divine feminine.

This has been my experience so far.

A Maatian De'ani

Araceli, since you wrote this post over two years ago, I am wondering if you still hold to the Filianic Deanic faith and still attempt to combine it with Christianity? I wonder how that works for you? Another question. Based on the name you give here, I can not say that I have had any contact with you. There are many Deani who frequent what I call the Deani Tumblrsphere. It is possible that I have encountered you there under another name, though since I have not been active at all there for at least a year we probably have not. Have we had any encounters there that you are aware?

Glenn