• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting Video Games

cardero

Citizen Mod
Do you like fighting games? Do you like 2D or 3D?

Were you someone that spent a lot of time in arcades playing fighting games?

Do you have a favorite series (Tekken, Virtual Fighter, King Of Fighters, Street Fighter, DOA, Mortal Combat, Knockout Kings, Soulcaliber)?

What was the best fighting game you ever played? In your opinion what game company produces consistently great fighting games?

Are 2D games still practical and entertaining on the latest platforms?

Are games like Final Fight and Super Smash Bros. considered fighters or brawlers?
Should we consider them in this thread?

What fighting game would you buy today or what fighting game are you waiting to be produced or released?

cardero

Citizen Mod
cardero writes: Do you have a favorite series (Tekken, Virtual Fighter, King Of Fighters, Street Fighter, DOA, Mortal Combat, Knockout Kings, Soulcaliber)?

What the hell is this? Knockout. I can't spell "knockout" without evoking a smiley?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Knockout!
Awesome...!
Loved the Tekken series, Marvel Vs. Capcom, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Superheroes Vs. Street Fighter, Toshinden, and Darkstalkers. But Tekken remains my favorite: I mastered Yoshimitsu, Anna/Nina, Kunimitsu, Jun Kazama, Lei Wulong, Ling, and Eddy Gordo. It's all about the combos and juggling.

Erebus

There was an old Playstation 1 game called "The Unholy War" which was a sort of bird's eye view fighting game. Basically you chose a team of various creatures and fought each other one on one in an arena.

g0515112u80.jpg

Probably my favourite fighting game ever made.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I was a huge fan of fighting-games in the 2d period.

Specially Mortal Kombat, wich is with a K btw, and streetfighter 2. 3D fighting is also very nice, but I developed a different taste since then. When it comes to 3d fighting I prefered toshiden very much.
I specially love the mortal kombat series though, even in 3d. Although nothing can beat the mighty mortal kombat 1 and mortal kombat 3. Unless you were a snespussy ofcourse, then you probably loved MK2 more.
The only fighting game I might still buy is Streetfighter 4, wich is next gen and 2d btw, so it is still perfectly possible.

I would say that mario brawl is a fighting game, but then I consider it the worst fighting game ever!!!! And if that is a fighting game, you might want to consider streets of rage kind of games as well.

Tekken..
Because of nepenthes comment.. I always considered tekken to be a real good fighting game. I still do, but I discovered that you can be way too good in buttonsmashing.. I hate buttonsmashers.. Somehow a few good special moves can prevent that, so I want to see "<- <- B" or something available.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Tekken..
Because of nepenthes comment.. I always considered tekken to be a real good fighting game. I still do, but I discovered that you can be way too good in buttonsmashing.. I hate buttonsmashers.. Somehow a few good special moves can prevent that, so I want to see "<- <- B" or something available.
Yeah, buttonmashing can really ruin things, but I liked Tekken's block or counter-move where you could use your opponents move against them and turn the tables.

Streets of Rage! I'd forgotten about that game. :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
Bouncing Ball writes: Specially Mortal Kombat, wich is with a K btw,
You’re absolutely right. This is the first time I have ever been corrected on an incorrect spelling.

Bouncing Ball writes: When it comes to 3d fighting I prefered toshiden very much.

The first Battle Arena (which is spelled) Toshinden (
nahnah.gif
) is the only fighting game I own. When it first came out for the PS1 I thought the idea of side-stepping your opponent was the best innovation I ever saw for a fighting game.

What fighting game would you buy today or what fighting game are you waiting to be produced or released?

I really want to get BluBlaze; Calamity Trigger (PS3) but our store never has it in stock.

I have played a fighting game made after tekken 3 and I am a button basher :eek: , but I seem to recal vaguely enjoying the following.

Tekken ( I like the bowling )
Primal Rage
Marvel vs Capcom
Mortal Kombat
Final Fight
Streets of rage

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I have played a fighting game made after tekken 3 and I am a button basher :eek: , but I seem to recal vaguely enjoying the following.

Tekken ( I like the bowling )
I loved the bowling level! It's been ages since I played it tho...:(

Aquitaine

Hmmmm, my favourite fighting game was probably Sim City 4.

LuLz, just kiddin' (of course) :p

Never really played many of those before, all I can ever remember playing was a bit of Tekken 2 (I think) and Dead Or Alive 2. I remember on Tekken I used to play a guy who looked kinda like a Brazilian footballer with dreadlocks, and an android called Gunmetal Jack if I remember correctly.

cardero

Citizen Mod
cardero writes: The first Battle Arena Toshinden is the only fighting game I own.

I realized that this wasn't true. I own Dragonball Z Budokai (PS2). It has a story mode so I'm not sure if it counts. One of the reasons that I don't have too many fighters is because I do not have anyone to play with. :(

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I realized that this wasn't true. I own Dragonball Z Budokai. It has a story mode so I'm not sure if it counts. One of the reasons that I don't have too many fighters is because I do not have anyone to play with. :(
It counts. If you really pay attentions all fighting games have a story mode.