• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifth grader told to remove Hooters mask in school

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Who mentioned nudity? I do not think this has anything to do with that. Do you think naming a restaurant, "Pussies", and then having a cartoon representation of a woman's vagina on it, and wait staff wearing super tight shorts which exaggerate camel toes, is not doing exactly the same thing as Hooters is, in its exploitation of women's breasts as sex objects?
Both employment and patronage are by choice, so those who don't want to be subjected to it, find it distasteful, etc. can simply avoid the establishment.
But as I said earlier, having a kid be a billboard for it is a bit tacky.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lawyers too. The only true winners in today's society.
It's why we need a "loser pay" system.
If someone sues & loses, they should pay the defendant's costs.
After all, the defendant did nothing wrong, so why should they
suffer someone else's failed attempt to get money?
This would eliminate a whole lotta lawsuits....which is why
politicians (mostly lawyers) oppose it. Liberals usually oppose
it too....they like to sue businesses, but don't want a downside.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Occasionally, I consider starting a thread about how Feminism is destroying America.

But I have enough trouble with the staff as it is.
Tom
You might like libertarian feminism.
But that's not recognized for the Feminist Only Forum here.
(It's cuz women have too much freedom, eg, to become or hire sex workers.)

OK, I'm done digressing.
Back to your regularly scheduled argument.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You might like libertarian feminism.
But that's not recognized for in the Feminist Only Forum here.
(It's cuz women have too much freedom, eg, to become or hire sex workers.)

OK, I'm done digressing.
Back to your regularly scheduled argument.
Isn’t that just sex positive feminism?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Who mentioned nudity? I do not think this has anything to do with that. Do you think naming a restaurant, "Pussies", and then having a cartoon representation of a woman's vagina on it, and wait staff wearing super tight shorts which exaggerate camel toes, is not doing exactly the same thing as Hooters is, in its exploitation of women's breasts as sex objects?
He did when he said "it expresses a woman's body". Clunky language but still plain English.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
You really think school uniforms eliminate cliques and classism?
As someone from a country with mandatory school uniforms, we are no where near as clique-y as America. Nor do we have many news stories about children wearing the “wrong” clothes. Or indeed that many stories of ridiculous codes in various schools. I’m sure it happens but America seems to have hundreds of stories about people getting offended at a piece of clothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Isn’t that just sex positive feminism?
It's more than that....it includes money positive feminism
(sex for fun & profit).
Btw, I disagree about libertarian feminism not being feminism,
but I must go with what I'm told. After all, it's not my forum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So....they’re capitalist feminists as well?
I surveyed the internet a few years ago for the various flavors
of feminism that existed, & were named. The "libertarian"
prefix was among the 2 dozen I found, but not "capitalist".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I agree it's clunky language, but it's saying the same thing as "exploits a woman's body". That is what it is. That has nothing to do with actual nudity, however.
How "express" means "exploit" in your mind, I'll never know, but I'm ready to move on from this.

Heyo

Veteran Member
florida-hooters-mask-1000x500.jpg

Offensive? Rly?

Watchmen

Premium Member
As someone from a country with mandatory school uniforms, we are no where near as clique-y as America. Nor do we have many news stories about children wearing the “wrong” clothes. Or indeed that many stories of ridiculous codes in various schools. I’m sure it happens but America seems to have hundreds of stories about people getting offended at a piece of clothing.
Just curious, what country are you in? My wife is from a school uniform country, and it seems clear there were plenty of cliques and bullying. If not about closing then something else. It’s not as if wearing the same shirt is going to stop the bully from bullying. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not opposed to school uniforms, but I have a hard time believing they’re effective at combating bullying.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Just curious, what country are you in? My wife is from a school uniform country, and it seems clear there were plenty of cliques and bullying. If not about closing then something else. It’s not as if wearing the same shirt is going to stop the bully from bullying. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not opposed to school uniforms, but I have a hard time believing they’re effective at combating bullying.
Australia. Kids will bully over anything. But where I live it wasn’t for clothing choices. “Targets” of bullying seemed almost arbitrarily chosen, if I’m honest.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I surveyed the internet a few years ago for the various flavors
of feminism that existed, & were named. The "libertarian"
prefix was among the 2 dozen I found, but not "capitalist".
Well if they’re pro money they certainly aren’t commie, are they?