• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Few reasons why Muslims should not celebrate "New Year"

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I believe people who insist on doing mundane things their own way are selfish. If I were in Isreal I would be happy to celebrate the Rosh holiday and if I were in Saudi Arabia I wouldn't have any problem celebrating holy days there either.
Why would that be selfish? It's not affecting anyone else if they don't participate. Participate all you want, but nobody is lesser for not doing things your way. It would only be selfish if they stopped you from participating or forced you to participate to further their own pleasure.

Jumi

I believe people who insist on doing mundane things their own way are selfish. If I were in Isreal I would be happy to celebrate the Rosh holiday and if I were in Saudi Arabia I wouldn't have any problem celebrating holy days there either.
That's the way it should be.

Jumi

Why would that be selfish? It's not affecting anyone else if they don't participate. Participate all you want, but nobody is lesser for not doing things your way. It would only be selfish if they stopped you from participating or forced you to participate to further their own pleasure.
I don't think that's what he meant. Of course, I could be wrong.