1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Few reasons why Muslims should not celebrate "New Year"

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by TawheedIsTheOnlyWay, Dec 31, 2017.

1. shunyadragon

shunyadragon shunyadragon
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,860
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Not really the subject of the thread, but Trinitarianism is central to 90%+ Christians.

2. LuisDantas

LuisDantas Aura of atheification
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Religion:
    Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.
    The problem is that once one accepts the possibility of letting go of traditions from centuries ago in order to achieve practical, religious advancement today there is not a whole lot left to sustain Islaamic doctrine.

And while you may not be aware of that, the divergence regarding the relative importance of Aisha and Ali (and his wife, sons and descendants) is of utmost significance regarding the Shia / Sunni split - a split that has brought great sorrow, shame and loss for Muslims for some 14 centuries now, and one that, to this day, very few Muslims can either ignore or accept.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shia Islam

Shia Islam Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +537
    Religion:
    Shia Islam
    The problem with the Slafi/Wahhabi Islam is that they don't know what Innovation is...

Before, talking about Islamic laws..you need to believe in the Imams after the prophet who know what islam laws are..

Look how you missed the way..

You have innovated a Congregational Prayer called the Taraweeh...
    Which is a manifest Bidaa..

And yet you define what is not Bidaa as Bidaa...

You have even claimed that God has a body...and Some of you have even talked about the "Tail" of the God..

#83 Shia Islam, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,458
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    I might be wrong, but I suggest that many more don't even think about it even if they talked about father, son and holy ghost. They still mostly talk about God or Jesus separately.

5. shunyadragon

shunyadragon shunyadragon
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,860
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I was making a point of theological belief not really the topic of the thread. Theological differences are not the point brought up by the original post.

The criticism of the original post and later posts of the West was selective, totally unbalanced and over the top when considering the problems of violence in Islam both internally and externally.

Neither are the differences between Sunni and ****e divisions of Islam.

#85 shunyadragon, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. sayak83

sayak83 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,430
    Religion:
    Pluralist Hindu
    This thread is providing excellent witness to the toxic nature of self-proclaimed orthodox Islam. Please continue.

• Winner Winner x 7
  7. Muslim-UK

Muslim-UK Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +494
    Religion:
    Islam
    You are absolutely right, but placing partners alongside GOD will cost them dearly when they return for judgement. Hence the clear warning in 5:73.

8. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,458
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    I've heard from Muslims here that they believe angels were part of creating the world. Is that not true?

I believe that if people believe that Satan exists like many think it does, they are already not really monotheist.

9. LuisDantas

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Religion:
    Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.
    What is meant by placement of a partner alongside God exactly?

And if it is something that can be done by humans, do you have any ideas about why God would make that possible if it so displeases Him?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Muslim-UK

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +494
    Religion:
    Islam
    They carried out the Commandments of GOD. No Muslim would worship them and to do so would remove one from Islam.

Why do you say that? Muslims believe in Satan, and are told he has no power over us, as all he can do is whisper into the hearts and minds of mankind.

11. Muslim-UK

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +494
    Religion:
    Islam
    Worshipping anyone or thing other than GOD.

Mankind has free will.

12. The Emperor of Mankind

The Emperor of Mankind Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Ratings:
    +6,476
    Religion:
    Greek Paganism
    I think First Nations Americans managed that first so smoke signals are religious innovation too :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. LuisDantas

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Religion:
    That is kind of vague (what does constitute worship anyway?), and it is rather weird that a true God would find that a bother in any case.

Does it? That concept seems to have no meaning at all, and to only have usefulness as an attempt at answering why a supposedly all-powerful God is presumably so limited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Akivah

Akivah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Does that mean that non-muslims can view the Hijri calendar as filth?

• Winner Winner x 4
  15. TawheedIsTheOnlyWay

Ratings:
    +27
    Religion:
    Islam
    Well thats your own choice. If you hate what God has revealed than you shall be punished in the hereafter.

And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. 35:18 Qur'an

16. LuisDantas

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Religion:
    That is quite the interesting statement under these circunstances.

For one thing, it shows considerable recklessness from you. You regard the Qur`an as perfect truth and that text says that the Torah was a true revelation from God, yet you see fit to call one filth while daring those who reply in kind to fear "afterlife punishment".

As theologies go, I find that one rather sorry and unconvincing.

And then there is this 35:18 Qur'an that you just quoted. Not exactly typical of good religious teaching, particularly by the parameters expected of a tradition that acknowledges Ibrahim and Yeshua as prophets, don't you think?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,458
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    Worship means respect. If you respect the master, do you ignore the servant or treat them like air? I don't see proof of angels existing, but if I did they would be worthy of respect.

If Satan exists in the way that many think, it's a powerful being, a god with earthly power. To me believing in that is clear polytheism, whether they worship it or not. There's only one God, no other gods or Satans.

18. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,249
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe the jury would be out on Pope Gregory XIII. Nothing in Wikipedia suggests he was either pagan or Christian. It appears he was a lawyer before being called upon by the Church of Rome and then he was a political appointee and elected Pope which can have as much to do with politics as spirituality.

19. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,249
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe people who insist on doing mundane things their own way are selfish. If I were in Isreal I would be happy to celebrate the Rosh holiday and if I were in Saudi Arabia I wouldn't have any problem celebrating holy days there either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,249
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe I would prefer you to tell me that the internet is not pagan.