• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feminists who support burqas are pathetic

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What insect or animal native to Australia doesn't pose a great danger to the average Australian? :p
Speaking of dangerous animals, I thought you would mention snakes...
I'm really interested in Australian snakes..btw....

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
In some places. And I do not agree with laws that require clothing. They serve a purpose, but people put too much emphasis and focus on them. And one way these laws in the West are starkly different is our women get to choose how they will cover up, and have very great freedoms in choosing how much they will cover up.
We're talking about restricting people from wearing something "in the West".
Let's ask about female genital mutilation. It probably, and does get, some high remarks. But that doesn't make it any better. Is a slave owning society going to speak ill of slavery? Probably not.
Let's stick to the subject under discussion, rather than try to shift to a different subject that's easier to argue against
It is a psychological fact that a complete face covering like that is dehumanizing, and not only that it directly nullifies one of the crucial ways we have evolved to communicate as a species.

Mandatory; complete body and face covering; all sense of individuality and identity are removed (they are very against our nature as social animals).
We're not talking about mandatory covering, we're explicitly talking about mandatory UNCOVERING
A sporting event isn't walking out of the house and being covered because someone else can't control their sexuality or where their dick goes.
That's really not relevant here. Again, we're talking about whether or not people should be ALLOWED to wear facial coverings, not whether or not you agree with a simplistic explanation for why they may want to.

Are you suggesting that it's OK to wear a facial covering depending purely on why you want to wear it? That's kinda thought policy, isn't it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's really not relevant here. Again, we're talking about whether or not people should be ALLOWED to wear facial coverings, not whether or not you agree with a simplistic explanation for why they may want to.
For most things, no. Of course you need it to weld, and for some other activities, but just to leave the house no.
Are you suggesting that it's OK to wear a facial covering depending purely on why you want to wear it? That's kinda thought policy, isn't it?
No. Are you suggesting you haven't been paying attention to my singling out of "required garb to leave the house that covers the face?"

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
For most things, no. Of course you need it to weld, and for some other activities, but just to leave the house no.

No. Are you suggesting you haven't been paying attention to my singling out of "required garb to leave the house that covers the face?"
It's only "required" in that these woman feel it is. Beyond that, we're back to intent. Are you really saying that a woman shouldn't be allowed to wear a head covering because it makes her feel appropriately covered, yet I can wear my head covering because it makes me feel bad ***?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's only "required" in that these woman feel it is. Beyond that, we're back to intent. Are you really saying that a woman shouldn't be allowed to wear a head covering because it makes her feel appropriately covered, yet I can wear my head covering because it makes me feel bad ***?
At this point I'm saying no woman would reasonably be expected to want to dress in that, without cultural conditioning.
And do you realize you are equating recreational activities and equipment covering you for protection to having to leave the house fully clothed because of the belief that women are responsible for the sexual behaviors of men (it's in all the books - women have to cover up because men can't control their urges)?
And while I don't support outright banning them (that usually has some bad consequences), I do support social pressure to discard them and leave them in the repressive lands from whence they came. Women from those lands won't be beaten here by any religious police for stepping out of line.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Try to force me into that, only one of us is walking away

I wonder how many girls are forced to wear these garments to conceal their injuries.

During the trial, her teacher at Great Sankey High School, Joanne Code, told the court how Shafilea said she was worried about her welfare and feared her parents would "marry her off" in Pakistan.

She said she had seen injuries on Shafilea which she claimed were caused by a "beating" from her parents.

Mrs Code also told the jury she was a "very, very good student" who was "very, very clear she wanted to be a barrister" and was "exceptionally keen to go to university".

It was one of Shafilea's teachers who reported Shafilea missing - and not her parents - when she disappeared for the final time in September 2003.

Shafilea's secret life of torment

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
It doesn't get much more oppressive than forcing women to wear this:
burqa-1.jpg

They've been wearing that attire for hundreds of years. Women in the west have no right to tell the world how to be.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They've been wearing that attire for hundreds of years. Women in the west have no right to tell the world how to be.
As I asked previously in this thread: Is a slave owning society going to admit slavery is wrong? Probably not. And it's not like those of us in the West are criticizing dietary choices or whatever benign cultural practice, but the requirement that women cover up in such a dehumanizing manner. Female genital mutilation has also been practiced for hundreds of years. It's still a **** practice that needs to go. Child brides are also still common in some places in the world. We know that too is a **** practice as children are not fit for marriage.
The Mayan and Aztec practice of mass-human sacrifice was also ****. Tossing malformed infants off a cliff is a **** cultural practice.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling out bull**** where it's found.

Audie

Veteran Member
I wonder how many girls are forced to wear these garments to conceal their injuries.

During the trial, her teacher at Great Sankey High School, Joanne Code, told the court how Shafilea said she was worried about her welfare and feared her parents would "marry her off" in Pakistan.

She said she had seen injuries on Shafilea which she claimed were caused by a "beating" from her parents.

Mrs Code also told the jury she was a "very, very good student" who was "very, very clear she wanted to be a barrister" and was "exceptionally keen to go to university".

It was one of Shafilea's teachers who reported Shafilea missing - and not her parents - when she disappeared for the final time in September 2003.

Shafilea's secret life of torment

Such an awful and sad story.