• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feminists who support burqas are pathetic

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I never understood liberals supporting something that is so much a threat to the liberal agenda.

I'm not just talking about burkas.

I'm talking about Dark Age fascist theocracy that liberals keep defending. They are defending the greatest threat to the Liberties they cherish.

Ellen Brown

Let's make sure there is a clear understanding of what a Burka is? You mostly see them in Afghanistan and they make a woman look like a Badminton shuttle. Her head and everything else is covered almost to the ground. There is a little grilled window for her to look out of.

Saudi Muslims wear a Niqab. It is a mask that covers her face so all you can see is her eyes. Much of the time a woman wears a Hijab (head scarf) with or without the Niqab.

I think the Burka and the Niqab are excessive. I wore the Abaya (floor length dress with long sleeves and high collar along with Hijab) for over 7 years, and grew used to and dependent upon it. I would still wear it based upon 1 Cor 11 were it not for the Trump idiocy.

Wearing it or not should be the woman's personal choice and no one else should have a say.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I wonder how many non muslim-majority Nations force their women to wear burqas.

The fact that Muslims makeup 1. 6 billion people, (there are roughly 7 billion people in the world), but almost all , if not all the dark-aged theocracies that enforce such Madness are Muslim, goes to show that it is intrinsically an Islamic thing (in the 21st century.)

It is quite telling about what the Muslim attitude is towards women. I'm sure burqas are not pleasant on a hot summer day. I'm sure some of these women do not like the attention the burqa brings to them.

I'm sure many of the women in America or europe would rather not dress that way, but they don't want to lose their friends and family by dressing like Western women.

There are Muslims in America that don't even let their wives drive; and their wives are totally okay with this. I'm sure there are women in America who are forced to dress that way or lose their family and husband.

From what I read and what I've experienced in real life with Muslims, it seems that even the westernized Muslims prefer dark aged theocracy over American and European government.

They defend the policies in Saudi Arabia, including the misogyny and cutting off heads and hands. They also defend Muhammad's polygamy and the six-year-old girl he married when he was 53.

When I read about similar shameful Behavior amongst biblical figures, I'm willing to say that's f***** up!

Why have I never met a Muslim online or offline who can criticize the prophet Muhammad and just say that's f***** up!?

Why can't a Muslim renounce the psychopathic verses in the Quran.?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If a woman chooses to wear a burqa, then fine. It's hypocritical for a feminist to tell her not to if that is truly her choice.
That said personally I'm probably more sympathetic towards the Niqab than a burqa

It seems good Ol Hanson wants her feminists colleagues to "please explain."

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It doesn't seem to be an issue for many feminists that the countries where these garments are mostly seen, and often where the females are expected or mandated to wear them, are precisely the countries with fewer female rights or freedoms of expression for females. That I find a little worrisome. Not advocating equality for all females?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I never understood liberals supporting something that is so much a threat to the liberal agenda.

I'm not just talking about burkas.

I'm talking about Dark Age fascist theocracy that liberals keep defending. They are defending the greatest threat to the Liberties they cherish.

Must.....Not....Give...In

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If a woman chooses to wear a burqa, then fine. It's hypocritical for a feminist to tell her not to if that is truly her choice.

It seems good Ol Hanson wants her feminists colleagues to "please explain."

However western feminist largely like to demonize cultural attire based on their perception of what is considered oppressive and what is not.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hanson is an idiot who literally builds policy based on urban myths. I have never once seen anyone wearing a burqa in Australia... except Hanson herself!
Since balaclavas are forbidden, so must burqas.

Btw...Hanson told the truth. If you really are a feminist, your duty is to condemn not only burqas and niqabs (which are ridiculous Carnival costumes), but also the veil...which is an instrument of subjugation of women.
Or as Oriana Fallaci said, the veil is a Middle-Ages rag.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Since balaclavas are forbidden, so must burqas.

Btw...Hanson told the truth. If you really are a feminist, your duty is to condemn not only burqas and niqabs (which are ridiculous Carnival costumes), but also the veil...which is an instrument of subjugation of women.
Or as Oriana Fallaci said, the veil is a Middle-Ages rag.
Balaclavas aren't forbidden here.

And pretty sure the central thesis of feminism is acknowledging women have the right to make such decisions for themselves. You can call the veil "a Middle-Ages rag" all you like. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to choose to wear it.

Personally, I don't think burqas or niqabs are any more or less reasonable than expecting women not to go bare chested in public. It's pure cultural construct. Some people come from different cultures and have different perceptions of modesty. It's not the end of the world, get over it.

Speaking of "Middle-Ages rags" if that is your metric for how you allow people to dress, would you make this pair criminals? The lady is even wearing *gasp* a head covering!
37092827_10216977579821106_4420711912518451200_n.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If a woman truly wanted to wear such an outfit it is her right. The problem is not in free counties usually, but in Muslim countries where the husband can order his wife to wear such garb. I have seen a woman wearing a burqa in my small city and it drew far more attention than going without one would. Clearly not a modesty issue.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
If a woman truly wanted to wear such an outfit it is her right. The problem is not in free counties usually, but in Muslim countries where the husband can order his wife to wear such garb. I have seen a woman wearing a burqa in my small city and it drew far more attention than going without one would. Clearly not a modesty issue.
But we're specifically discussing the issue as it pertains to "free" countries.

And yes, it's still a modesty issue. The difference is that different cultures have different concepts of modesty.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But we're specifically discussing the issue as it pertains to "free" countries.

And yes, it's still a modesty issue. The difference is that different cultures have different concepts of modesty.
Then I will make it clear. In free countries such a ban is self contradictory. And since it draws more attention than walking down the street in one's skivvies would it is a false modesty.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But even though society should not be able to ban burqas, I do support the right of private institutions to do so. For example banks probably ban such wear. If they were legal they would be ideal wear to have on until just before one robbed a bank. A tear away burqa would be an excellent garment to wear with a gun underneath.