• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Christians: Would you marry a convicted sex offender who is born again?

kloth

Assuming he is sincerely a born again christian, and he has told you of his past after dating him for a while, and the relationship was going better than you'd ever had experienced with anyone or could dream of, and just before him proposing to you, that he did time for child rape and is on the registered sex offenders site.
Would you have kids with him if you say "yes"? how would you honestly feel about him being alone with your kids after a few years? or anyone's kids; like you friends or other relatives kids.

I never heard of this happening before, so i am just wondering what female Christians would do in a situation like this, with a hypothetical kinda answer if anything. I also like to ask tough questions at times.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Assuming he is sincerely a born again christian, and he has told you of his past after dating him for a while, and the relationship was going better than you'd ever had experienced with anyone or could dream of, and just before him proposing to you, that he did time for child rape and is on the registered sex offenders site.
Would you have kids with him if you say "yes"? how would you honestly feel about him being alone with your kids after a few years? or anyone's kids; like you friends or other relatives kids.

I never heard of this happening before, so i am just wondering what female Christians would do in a situation like this, with a hypothetical kinda answer if anything. I also like to ask tough questions at times.

Those who commit sexual crimes especially against children are usually mentally sick or have been victims of child abuse themselves. I do not believe that this sickness has a cure, no matter how 'wonderful' they seem to be. Those who are child sex abusers usually have the skills to "groom" their victims with "niceness" that builds trust but that later turns to something else....just their little secret.

Myself? I would run a mile. :run:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I'd love to see myself as some wonderfully forgiving human being, but in this case, I don't think I'd marry the guy and I wouldn't want to have children with him. I might be friends with him but I can't marrying him. (That is if I wasn't married, but I am married so it really doesn't apply)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I could never trust that his perversions would not resurface and therefore i'd never want to have children with him and would certainly not marry him.

He deserves forgiveness if he is truly repentant, but as Jaydee says, some sins are so ingrained he'd need to be reprogramed by God himself.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I could never trust that his perversions would not resurface and therefore i'd never want to have children with him and would certainly not marry him.

He deserves forgiveness if he is truly repentant, but as Jaydee says, some sins are so ingrained he'd need to be reprogramed by God himself.

What if he was but you continued to judge him in base of his already repented sins? Wich were forgiven by God due to his repentance?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What if he was but you continued to judge him in base of his already repented sins? Wich were forgiven by God due to his repentance?

being forgiven is not the issue here.

The issue is that the man has developed improper sexual desires which dont disappear because you say you are sorry.

These are deeply ingrained in the psyche and cannot be removed easily. He would have to struggle for the rest of his life with that improper desire.

This is why such a man can never be given a position of responsibility in our church if he is convicted of such a crime. Its not a 'mistake' he made on the spur of the moment. It stems much deeper then that and has been festering inside him for a very long time until it bursts forth and cannot be contained.

Me Myself

Back to my username
being forgiven is not the issue here.

The issue is that the man has developed improper sexual desires which dont disappear because you say you are sorry.

These are deeply ingrained in the psyche and cannot be removed easily. He would have to struggle for the rest of his life with that improper desire.

This is why such a man can never be given a position of responsibility in our church if he is convicted of such a crime. Its not a 'mistake' he made on the spur of the moment. It stems much deeper then that and has been festering inside him for a very long time until it bursts forth and cannot be contained.

So you think God cant fix that even if he gives the problem to God? Only superficial psychological problems can be aided by God, but when something is deep, then God is just a ease the symptoms kinda guy?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So you think God cant fix that even if he gives the problem to God? Only superficial psychological problems can be aided by God, but when something is deep, then God is just a ease the symptoms kinda guy?

When the time is here for God to cure us of our imperfections, then yes, he will be cured. And that time is foretold in the book of
revelation 22:1 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2*down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side [there were] trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees [were] for the curing of the nations.
3*And no more will there be any curse.
But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in [the city], and his slaves will render him sacred service;

But until that time, we are all living with our imperfections.

Me Myself

Back to my username
When the time is here for God to cure us of our imperfections, then yes, he will be cured. And that time is foretold in the book of
revelation 22:1 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2*down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side [there were] trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees [were] for the curing of the nations.
3*And no more will there be any curse.
But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in [the city], and his slaves will render him sacred service;

But until that time, we are all living with our imperfections.

So miracles never happen till that time according to your religion?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So miracles never happen till that time according to your religion?

Miracles happened through Jesus and his apostles... but since the days of the apostles, they havnt happened.

they wont happen again until Christ's millennial reign.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Miracles happened through Jesus and his apostles... but since the days of the apostles, they havnt happened.

they wont happen again until Christ's millennial reign.

So in your religion Jesus cannot make miracles unless physically present?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So in your religion Jesus cannot make miracles unless physically present?

no, i didnt say that.

He could make miracles happen from heaven right now if he wanted to. And that prophecy in Revelation shows that Christ will miraculously cure the nations from his location in heaven.

But they arn't happening now and they havnt happened for over 2000 years.

Me Myself

Back to my username
no, i didnt say that.

He could make miracles happen from heaven right now if he wanted to. And that prophecy in Revelation shows that Christ will miraculously cure the nations from his location in heaven.

But they arn't happening now and they havnt happened for over 2000 years.

Hum, curious.

Well, thanks for your answers.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The recitivism rate is pretty in regard to that type of offender. He could be the most sincere person, but the tendency might still show itself at times in life. I don't think I could marry a person with that type of baggage.

Horrorble

I agree with pegg and jay here, they would never know if God has taken away their desire to rape children, so why put their own family and friends at risk?
Even if someone does believe Jesus performs miracles today doesn't mean they have to be completely faith blind and stupid.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm neither christian nor female, but I wouldn't trust them - "Born again" is usually a facade and almost never a reflection of character, anyways.
Besides, mere religious proclamations don't cleanse stained hands.

Dove

I would say no.

If someone would invade the personal boundaries of a child once; they would always be a risk. I also think that this is something that should be told to someone upfront; not after you've been "dating awhile". It would seem sneaky or like it was being hidden.

People can change; but it is rare. I wouldn't take the risk.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I just wondered.

Do you mean actual child rape, or what US law would constitute to by child rape? (To which unless I am mistaken, could be an 18 yeard old having sex with his 17 year old and 11 months old girlfriend)

kloth

I just wondered.

Do you mean actual child rape, or what US law would constitute to by child rape? (To which unless I am mistaken, could be an 18 yeard old having sex with his 17 year old and 11 months old girlfriend)
that would be statutory rape. from what i seen, most people don't call 17 years children.
they might call them a kid though.

I agree with pegg and jay here, they would never know if God has taken away their desire to rape children, so why put their own family and friends at risk?
Even if someone does believe Jesus performs miracles today doesn't mean they have to be completely faith blind and stupid.
why wouldn't god take away that desire, if they were sincerely born again? why would god allow them very serious demons to lurk within? what's the point in being born again if these demons happen to be uncontrollable?
i don't know if it's true, but i've noticed these type of sex offenders say they don't want out of prison, because they can't stop, even though they said they wish they could.

Curious George

Veteran Member

Is this a sly way of asking "how much faith to you really have?"