• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellow Christians may I have a moment of your time? Christian Only!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My views on same sex marriage has evolved. I still grow tired of being told I am uneducated or ignorant because of my faith. Faith requires no facts just as facts requires no faith.
A thousand years from now, our current science books will look pretty ignorant as well.
Oh, I wasn't clear.
I wondered if you still thought RF was as hostile to Xians as 6 years ago.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I would like to ask a question. Do you think that we should have to defend our beliefs in this forum?

Should we tolerate being called uneducated close minded bigots?

While I believe in turning the other cheek, the insults seem to have become more brazen lately.

I would be truly interested in other Christian's opinions on this subject.

Is the popular opinion here at RF that anyone who believes in an afterlife is stupid and uneducated or is it just me imagining things?

I am 6 years late to this thread. ;)

I am absolutely tired of explaining the misconceptions people have of my faith, so I just ignore them now. If someone thinks I am delusional, a bigot, stupid, closed-minded, etc. it's no skin of my back (I try to tell myself that, anyway). I know that I am none of those things and people who are my friends know that I am none of those things so I try to not let it get to me. But sometimes, it does wear me a little bit thin.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Oh, I wasn't clear.
I wondered if you still thought RF was as hostile to Xians as 6 years ago.
I think the conversation on RF today could still be described with the OP just replace "christian" with "conservative" and "atheist" with "liberal". The same undertones of hostility are there.