• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

feeling discomfort should be a crime

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Jokes thread based on opinion column

So why wait for the government? We're all sovereign citizens here and can pass our own laws (and have the mods enforce them, of course). Wait, being moderated causes discomfort.

But of course feeling uncomfortable should be made illegal and anyone who makes someone else uncomfortable should be tried, convicted and sentenced for that crime. Civilization depends on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...da-legislature-ban-history-discomfort-satire/

“History is good to ban, but it is not enough,” t... “History is actually way less discomfortable than lots of other subjects, and if we are really serious about ending discomfort, we should ban those first.”
“The book bans are good,”...“Less reading is good. English is a big source of discomfort.”
... “They are trying to indoctrinate our youth with critical race theory, and we won’t let them! They want White people to learn about events that happened in the past, which causes discomfort, and we will not have it!”
“We’ve got to protect everyone from discomfort at all costs,” the legislator went on. “That’s the most important thing. That’s what people need to do right now. Make clear laws against any subject that could possibly cause discomfort.”

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

So why wait for the government? We're all sovereign citizens here and can pass our own laws (and have the mods enforce them, of course). Wait, being moderated causes discomfort.

But of course feeling uncomfortable should be made illegal and anyone who makes someone else uncomfortable should be tried, convicted and sentenced for that crime. Civilization depends on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...da-legislature-ban-history-discomfort-satire/

“History is good to ban, but it is not enough,” t... “History is actually way less discomfortable than lots of other subjects, and if we are really serious about ending discomfort, we should ban those first.”
“The book bans are good,”...“Less reading is good. English is a big source of discomfort.”
... “They are trying to indoctrinate our youth with critical race theory, and we won’t let them! They want White people to learn about events that happened in the past, which causes discomfort, and we will not have it!”
“We’ve got to protect everyone from discomfort at all costs,” the legislator went on. “That’s the most important thing. That’s what people need to do right now. Make clear laws against any subject that could possibly cause discomfort.”
Which subjects would I have objected to because they caused discomfort when I was a lad...hmmmm...

Math would be one...made me very uncomfortable...usually induced a headache...

Music would have been a lot more comfortable had my elementary teachers have had any musical abilities themselves...

Reading would be another...having to learn to sound out words, remembering all those grammatical rules and whatnot...VERY uncomfortable...

Moving on to high school...algebra and calculus...although geometry was a piece of cake...

Literature...History...physical science and biology...shop class was very discomforting...

:D

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought the GOP was supposed to be against people's being "snowflakes" and "politically correct." I guess some members thereof clearly disagree.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What? And miss out the opportunity for some pure quality discomfort?

The legislation body just wants to hoard all the primo discomfort for themselves. The utter cads!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Which subjects would I have objected to because they caused discomfort when I was a lad...hmmmm...

Math would be one...made me very uncomfortable...usually induced a headache...

Music would have been a lot more comfortable had my elementary teachers have had any musical abilities themselves...

Reading would be another...having to learn to sound out words, remembering all those grammatical rules and whatnot...VERY uncomfortable...

Moving on to high school...algebra and calculus...although geometry was a piece of cake...

Literature...History...physical science and biology...shop class was very discomforting...

:D

Sooooo.... What your saying is you liked Lunch and P.E.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Check out some of the things our boy Thomas Jefferson wrote about the Natives.

IMG_20220119_125304.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

I found your OP to be massively discomforting.
You have been reported to the Sovereign Authorities and they will be taking that forwards for me.
:)