• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling disappointed....

Truth_Faith13

Have to say I'm a little disappointed with the branch president.

When I first started meeting the missionaries again (I still am although less often), I was honest and said if I did ever return to the church, it wouldn't be a quick process, that I would take my time (probably at least a year). At that time, the missionaries came over several times a week, I got invited to gatherings and people's houses etc (I couldn't attend all of them due to children but we had a lovely Sunday lunch at the branch president house once). Some even came to my house for tea. However even though I was open and said it would take me a while, I feel that because of haven't jumped straight in...they have backed off. I was reading another posters thread and it does make me wonder if "love bombing" is a thing even if it's not fully done intentionally.

The branch president had asked for a list of my concerns. He came to my house once, talked about something unrelated and hasn't since contacted me about any of my concerns (since end of last year). OK I know I have you guys and you have been great but it would have been nice to hear his thoughts.....

Truth_Faith13

As you say, you haven't jumped in, so they are likely concentrating on other possible recruits. Why not find friends that share similar interests to you rather than trying to please a certain group?

Oh I'm not short on friends. This isn't what this is about. I'm trying to find a "church" home. The LDS posters here know my background.

Truth_Faith13

Have you contacted him lately letting him know you'd like to talk?

I emailed him a couple of months ago in order to get hold of the sisters (my phone had died completely) and mentioned it then. I've also mentioned it to the missionaries about a million times.

To start, I just put it down to him being busy and not having time.

Jane.Doe

I emailed him a couple of months ago in order to get hold of the sisters (my phone had died completely) and mentioned it then. I've also mentioned it to the missionaries about a million times.

To start, I just put it down to him being busy and not having time.
Honestly, he probably just spaced.
Send him another call/text/email letting him know you want to talk.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Love-bombing. I think it does happen, but I wouldn't attribute this situation to that. I suspect that, like Jane said, he probably just got busy and spaced getting back to you. Let him know that you'd still like to keep in touch with him and the missionaries, even though you are determined not to rush into any decision regarding membership. At any rate, it's nice to see you again! I hope you've been well, and busy having fun with your kids. :)

Orontes

Master of the Horse
If I remember correctly the story goes that when Lorenzo Snow first attended a Mormon Church service those preparing and in charge of the sacrament got into a fight during the meeting. As they were hitting each other, they knocked the sacrament table with everything on it over. So went his first formal exposure to the Church. Please be patient with all of our shortcomings. I agree with Jane Doe, just reach out again and let the fellow know you've not heard back from him.

Truth_Faith13

Love-bombing. I think it does happen, but I wouldn't attribute this situation to that. I suspect that, like Jane said, he probably just got busy and spaced getting back to you. Let him know that you'd still like to keep in touch with him and the missionaries, even though you are determined not to rush into any decision regarding membership. At any rate, it's nice to see you again! I hope you've been well, and busy having fun with your kids. :)

I'm good thanks...pregnant again with my 3rd and mega busy with selling house, deciding on schooling, fighting planners (we would like to self build etc) and seem to be having a week of bad news on those fronts!

Jane.Doe

I'm good thanks...pregnant again with my 3rd and mega busy with selling house, deciding on schooling, fighting planners (we would like to self build etc) and seem to be having a week of bad news on those fronts!
Congrats on the baby and taking the huge other steps in your life! I'm sorry it's been a bad week for you.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Your 3rd, huh? Wow! That's awesome! (It sounds like you're either shooting to be a good Catholic or a good Mormon. :D)

Truth_Faith13

Your 3rd, huh? Wow! That's awesome! (It sounds like you're either shooting to be a good Catholic or a good Mormon. :D)

Yes, I'm feeling a tad terrified at the moment. 3 under 3s....help!

I never heard from the branch president. I've moved back to where I was originally and have heard from the sister missionaries here. Just deciding whether or not to meet them.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

I never heard from the branch president. I've moved back to where I was originally and have heard from the sister missionaries here. Just deciding whether or not to meet them.
It's so good to hear from you again! I was thinking about you just yesterday, as a matter of fact. So, when are you due?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
January! I'm currently 17 weeks and starting to feel pregnant now!
That's a ways off. We must have been among the first to know! Well, at least you won't be at your most pregnant in the middle of the summer! Good luck with the pregnancy. I hope all goes well.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Any update?

Truth_Faith13

Any update?

I decided not to meet with the missionaries for now. Too much on already and didn't want the stress of whether or not my parents would find out. (We live with them)

Never did hear back from the branch president. Not going to send any more messages.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I decided not to meet with the missionaries for now. Too much on already and didn't want the stress of whether or not my parents would find out. (We live with them)

Never did hear back from the branch president. Not going to send any more messages.
Just one thought... A branch president will typically serve for five years. Depending upon how long he'd been in that calling when you last talked to him, it is possible that he's not even the branch president any more. (If he still is, and never responded to you, shame on him!)

Truth_Faith13

Just one thought... A branch president will typically serve for five years. Depending upon how long he'd been in that calling when you last talked to him, it is possible that he's not even the branch president any more. (If he still is, and never responded to you, shame on him!)

Unfortunately I know it's still the same Bishop as up until very recently, I was still in contact with the missionaries from that branch.