• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

feel like a hypocrite

I get paranoid when I smoke and drink that am going to hell for it even though I said to myself those are my vices!!!I feel comfortable committing this sin because I do it in place of greater sins!!!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I get paranoid when I smoke and drink that am going to hell for it even though I said to myself those are my vices!!!I feel comfortable committing this sin because I do it in place of greater sins!!!

First I have a question, "who said drinking and smoking would send you to hell?"

It doesn't say that in the Bible. Jesus supposedly turned water into an intoxicating liquid.

Most people drank wine, or watered down wine, in Biblical times. Dirty water.

Jesus was pretty much called a drunkard in one of the verses. o_O

Mat 11:19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

On the other hand - while she was dying from cancer - my mother's doctor told us the majority of his cancer patients were there from smoking.

Deidre

It's good to have some concern over the things we feel we are falling short of, but to believe we are going to hell, or we are 'unworthy,' etc can only be cured by changing our attitudes. Think good things about yourself, and the tendency to think the negative, will naturally dissipate. (I say this with kindness though...please try to quit smoking. That is a habit that will just destroy your health) :oops:

Hugs :sunflower:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I get paranoid when I smoke and drink that am going to hell

This is the function behind heaven and hell. They are the carrot and the stick with which to lead you nodding along paranoid through life. It is how you are controlled.

You can take great solace, however, in the idea that hell does not exist. And that, even if it did, it's probably a better place to be than heaven.

rusra02

Premium Member
How do you know these things are vices? What convinces you smoking and drinking are sinful?

gnostic

The Lost One
I think I remember the bible did say something about you shouldn't get drunk on wine, but I don't recall it being a sins to drink.

And like Ingledsva said, drinking water back then, is far more dangerous health issue than drinking wine. Drinking dirty water can kill you, and Alexander the Great nearly did die when he fell ill after drinking water while he was in Syria.

cambridge79

you should be more concerned about your health than your soul.
smoke damages your lungs, we have evidences for that., abusing alchool damages your liver, we have evidences for that. not to mention doing things like driving when drunk.
on the other hand we don't even know if the soul exists.

the name of your hell could end up to be "lung cancer". I guarantee it exists and it's not a nice experience.

Milton Platt

you should be more concerned about your health than your soul.
smoke damages your lungs, we have evidences for that., abusing alchool damages your liver, we have evidences for that. not to mention doing things like driving when drunk.
on the other hand we don't even know if the soul exists.

the name of your hell could end up to be "lung cancer". I guarantee it exists and it's not a nice experience.

Well done.....

Thana

Lady

As long as you're not abusing the alcohol then it's really not an issue, The bible says to drink and be merry. And with the smoking, well, that's between you and God. He wants you to look after your body, but I wouldn't exactly say it's a sin to smoke. It's just not good for you, physically or spiritually.