• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeding the hungry ghosts.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hungry ghost is a concept in Chinese Buddhism, Chinese traditional religion, Vietnamese Buddhism, Vietnamese traditional religion, Japanese Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism, representing beings who are driven by intense emotional needs in an animalistic way. The terms 餓鬼 èguǐ and quỷ đói, literally "hungry ghost", are the Chinese and Vietnamese translation of the term preta in Buddhism. "Hungry ghosts" play a role in Chinese Buddhism, Vietnamese Buddhism and Taoism as well as in Chinese folk religion and Vietnamese folk religion. The term is not to be confused with the generic term for "ghost" or damnation, guǐ (i.e. the residual spirit of a deceased ancestor). The understanding is that all people become such a regular ghost when they die,[2][3][4] Hungry ghosts, by contrast, are a much more exceptional case, and would only occur in very unfortunate circumstances, such as if a whole family were killed or when a family no longer venerated their ancestors.[3]

With the rise in popularity of Buddhism, the idea became popular that souls would live in space until reincarnation.[3] In the Taoist tradition it is believed that hungry ghosts can arise from people whose deaths have been violent or unhappy. Both Buddhism[3] and Taoism[5] share the idea that hungry ghosts can emerge from neglect or desertion of ancestors.

Hungry ghost - Wikipedia

My understanding of hungry ghosts is a different context than the ugly images you will see on google regarding hungry ghosts. I see them as often very beautiful, not ugly, and they hunger for love and prayer and blessing and incense in their honor.

I don't agree with all the traditions Buddhism has regarding "hungry ghosts" or reincarnation, but I don't rule it out as a possibility either.

I simply believe the dead contact me and want my love and blessing. It began with someone who got violently murdered clearly contacting me. So, I began enshrining other people who got violently murdered or died tragically like suicide.

Then over a year after venerating her, I learned I lived in the city of the first victim of her killer, and learned I was practicing Shinto, long before I knew what Shinto was.

Many coincidences, signs, wonders, and unexplainable phenomena convinced me that I was supposed to be venerating and blessing and praying for many souls who died tragically.

I am supposed to be praying for their purification, and for them to reach the first degrees of beauty , power, glory, perfection, euphoria, wisdom, and Deification.

I see hungry ghosts not as malevolent spirits, damned souls, or spirits doomed to die again or waiting to reincarnate, but Spirits in need of love and blessing, who sometimes can cause mischief if they go unloved, unwanted, abandoned.

Sometimes they can rob you of energy and you have to feel their pain and sorrow. I feel their agony very often, especially when I wake up from dreams where I experience their pain, sorrow, and torture, and trauma.

But I also share in their joy.

I welcome all hungry ghosts, the troubled, the tortured, the abused, the used, those whose dreams were stolen, the suicides, but even the monsters. I love them all and want them happy, blessed, loved, exalted, and euphoric.

Show me, creator, show me wise Kami, how to feed and love and heal the hungry ghosts!

6664420_9149640b-4562-498e-922f-d4373669460c.jpeg

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hungry ghosts are the addictions you have overcome waiting to take hold again if you relapse. You can look at why people become addicted--they hunger for love and misplace that hunger onto something else that doesn't satisfy their real hunger.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Guide me Denise, Dionisia! Be honored my lovely Dionysus. Eleanor Rose, help me to love and serve and obey your daughter and pray for her every day, pray with her, pray for her intentions, accomplish all she desires.

download (1).jpg
images.jpg

Her death mate is Janice Ott. They both have the names of Gods. Janice sounds identical to "Janus", the God of beginnings, and Denise was born January first, beginning of the year.

1280px-Janus1.jpg

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (/ˈdʒeɪnəs/ JAY-nəs; Latin: Iānus) is the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways,[1] passages, frames, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces. It is conventionally thought that the month of January is named for Janus (Ianuarius),[
Janus - Wikipedia

It all began with Denise on March 3rd 2015. She totally revolutionized my life more than anything or anyone. I felt I needed to enshrine the other victims of the man who killed her, like we were family and they were helping me heal of my sociopathic, morbid, violent, and sadistic tendencies.

I just wanted to make the Capitol Hill Queens happy. I tasted their love and it was very sweet. They held me in jail and in difficult times, mothered me, and taught me to make an offering of everything I do for the purification of souls transitioning into perfection, being purified in the next life, and for grace to come to earth for those who are tortured and in agony (Victim Souls).

Denise became my world. Everything I do is for her, with her, and I so want to make her mother happy. Her Mother Eleanor Rose Naslund, Poor Eleanor.... Truly her life became a sorrowful Gethsemane, nightmare, and crucifixion. Some people grieve and move on. She couldn't. She left her daughter's possessions and her room and car as they were when Denise was alive. She turned her house into a shrine to her daughter, hanging onto every relic, and talked about her daughter like she was still alive.

I'm so so happy that this wonderful mother and extremely beautiful daughter are reunited and that my prayers can increase their joy on the other side. I'm so grateful that they accepted me and showed me so many signs of their presence and influence.

Truly , Eleanor Rose, her life stopped after the death of Denise, and a long painful martyrdom began which lasted the rest of her life.

5c589c2adabc0.image.jpg unnamed.png

Eleanor Rose, my dear Spirit-mother, to be loved by your daughter and you and be a part of your family means everything. Give me zeal for Denise, the love you had for her, that all my life and all my actions may be an offering to increase her beauty , power, glory , perfection, and euphoria, and she become Queen of Heaven and earth. Let me never care what others think. Denise taught me how to love.

(Oh wow! Right now as I type this, on tv in the next room, the topic is about "white wolves". Eleanor Rose's maiden name was Deeb which is Arabic for wolf. Amaterasu, highest Kami in Shinto is depicted in art and video games as a "White wolf". Cool!)

Denise, help me be so very grateful to you who are pure sweetness. But life will be full of humiliation. I follow you who suffered such a humiliating death and torture at the hands of a Demon possessed sociopath pretending to be injured. It was in your kind nature to always help someone in need. It was an act of kindness which cost you your life at the young age of 19. Whenever I suffer, whenever I am humiliated, may my heart and soul say "I love you Denise, I'm sharing in your suffering and death, I'm sharing in the suffering and deaths of countless souls, I offer up my suffering for your happiness and the happiness of Eleanor Rose!"

images (2).jpg download (2).jpg ted-bundy-denise-naslund-3728924078.jpg 6664420_0c85062d-d067-4656-8af6-cf679585da98.jpeg

I pray you be exalted the greatest in Heaven and that God obeys your every word and desire. May it be you become omnipresent, all-knowing, and omnipotent, controller of God's house, possessions, Kingdom, and graces.

I believe anything is possible! It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. :)

And no, she isn't a hungry ghost, but she likes to be loved and she really loves us!:heartarrow::heart:

images (3).jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hungry ghosts are the addictions you have overcome waiting to take hold again if you relapse. You can look at why people become addicted--they hunger for love and misplace that hunger onto something else that doesn't satisfy their real hunger.

I'm simply stating that there are hungry ghosts that hunger for love, grace, blessings, prayers, incense, and offerings.

I call them "Hungry Ghosts". Catholics call them "Souls in purgatory".

But your definition is valid as well. :)

Just a different context.