• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feed your soul!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everyone.

Hope you are enjoying your time at the forum!

Was not 2 sure where this should be posted - so feeel free to move it if you want.

Here's a few tips I found recently - I like the journaling idea especially -

Live fully in the present -

Notice the chirping bird, the squirrel scampering across the grass, the sound of the breeze rustling the tree leaves. “When you aren’t distracted by your own negative thinking, when you don’t allow yourself to get lost in moments that are gone or yet to come, you are left with this moment. This moment—now—truly is the only moment you have. It is beautiful and special,” Sydney Banks asserts in the chapter he contributed to Handbook for the Soul. Banks also says that if you stay present “and stay connected to your soul and remain happy, you will find that your heart is filled with positive feelings.”

Try the inspired self dialogues journaling technique -

Tama Kieves of Denver, career transition coach and author of Inspired & Unstoppable: Wildly Succeeding in Your Life's Work! says she teaches clients this practice and uses it herself: I write out my fears and uncertainties. Then I write back to myself from the point of view of my inspired self, a voice that is the most loving I can imagine, perhaps saying what I would tell my best friend or child, someone I passionately believed in. I answer the fear from this place. I often dialogue back and forth between the voices until I feel peace of mind. This technique helps bring me from a place of anxious disconnection to feeling safe, centered and clear about my greatest potential.

Treat everyone with kindness -

Did you know that it has been scientifically proven that being kind makes you happier? Every time you perform a selfless act, your brain produces serotonin, a hormone that eases tension and lifts your spirits. Not only that, but treating people with love, dignity, and respect also allows you to build stronger relationships.

See problems as challenges -

The word "problem" is never part of a happy person's vocabulary. A problem is viewed as a drawback, a struggle, or an unstable situation while a challenge is viewed as something positive like an opportunity, a task, or a dare. Whenever you face an obstacle, try looking at it as a challenge.Be Considerate -

Accept others for who they are as well as where they are in life. Respect them for who they are.

More tips can be found here -

33 Ways to Feed Your Soul | SUCCESS

Feel free to add your own suggestions - you never know - it just may help somebody who reads them ...

Wishing you all the very best!

:)