• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feds leaving Portland

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just for grins quoting fox: Federal agents to begin leaving Portland’s downtown: DHS, Oregon governor

I'm glad to see the them leaving. Now things will slowly calm down.

The federal agents who have clashed with protesters in Portland will begin a “phased withdrawal” from the city's downtown area starting Thursday, Oregon's Democratic Gov. Kate Brown announced.

Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said in a statement that he and Brown have been in contact over the past 24 hours and reached a joint plan to end "the violent activity in Portland directed at federal properties and law enforcement officers.”

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Just for grins quoting fox: Federal agents to begin leaving Portland’s downtown: DHS, Oregon governor

I'm glad to see the them leaving. Now things will slowly calm down.

The federal agents who have clashed with protesters in Portland will begin a “phased withdrawal” from the city's downtown area starting Thursday, Oregon's Democratic Gov. Kate Brown announced.

Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said in a statement that he and Brown have been in contact over the past 24 hours and reached a joint plan to end "the violent activity in Portland directed at federal properties and law enforcement officers.”
1) Things were just as volatile before the Feds came - more like "we will phase out because the Feds are here and we are out of options.
2) I will believe it when I see it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
1) Things were just as volatile before the Feds came - more like "we will phase out because the Feds are here and we are out of options.
Why would the feds refer to themselves in the third person?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The protests were winding down before the feds came. It went from a diminishingly small group of people out every night to thousands after federal involvement. I truly think the Mayor and the Governor would have worked this out much better if they were left to work things out themselves.

Kenny

Premium Member
The protests were winding down before the feds came. It went from a diminishingly small group of people out every night to thousands after federal involvement. I truly think the Mayor and the Governor would have worked this out much better if they were left to work things out themselves.
I doubt it seriously - but apparently the parle was successful

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt it seriously - but apparently the parle was successful
Yes, the parlay between Kate Brown and Ted Wheeler recognizing that the federal presence made matters much, much worse and decided to work together. That was the one benefit to the whole messy affair. But I guess when you get to the level of abuse perpetuated by the federal police this past month, there's nowhere to go but up.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, the parlay between Kate Brown and Ted Wheeler recognizing that the federal presence made matters much, much worse and decided to work together. That was the one benefit to the whole messy affair. But I guess when you get to the level of abuse perpetuated by the federal police this past month, there's nowhere to go but up.
That would be true if I ignored the fires, the destruction of property, the throwing of ice bottles, bricks, burning of cars, et al...

Yes... the riots are so peaceful, loving and such a great example of how to implement Martin Luther King Jr peaceful protest that really brought great change.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I get the impression....

the power in play made it obvious....
get it under control
or the Feds will stay

Thief

Rogue Theologian
did the 'fool' mention his profession....and THEN got hurt

who needs an eye witness?
when things are a little out of hand?

like HEY....look at me!
I'm going to tell YOUR story

Kenny

Premium Member
Since being a "conservative journalist" carries an inherently biased intent, only a fool would take this story at face value.
Denial doesn't change facts. Do you think he just stabbed himself?

PureX

Veteran Member
Denial doesn't change facts. Do you think he just stabbed himself?
I don't think anything. It's just a story. We have no idea who stabbed who, or if anyone was even stabbed. This guy has an agenda, and he says so, himself. So I have no reason to believe him.