• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal Appeals Court Upholds Blocking Vaccine and Testing Mandate

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because it’s true? And because I don’t hold with your beliefs as you think I should?

“Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - George Santayana.
It's knee-jerk reactionary kinda stuff with no basis in reality. Nobody is "coming for" anybody.
We're trying to get a pandemic under control and save some lives.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
No kidding.

So the reason you won't co-operate is simply because you have the right not to?
Why wouldn't you want to, if it helps save lives?

No, it’s more than that but I won’t go into it because it’s contrary to the forum’s policies. On a more basic level my reasons are my own, I don’t owe anyone an explanation or justification. Are you vaccinated? Then you’re protected. Don’t worry about me.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My conspiracy-minded Facebook friend has been saying that for two years now.
Still waiting ....

It’s early.

It irks you that there are hold outs like me, doesn’t it?

Now you know as much as you’re going to know about me and my reasons.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It’s early.

Now you know as much as you’re going to know about me and my reasons.
Not really, it's been almost two years.

Yes, it does. Because the more people who hold out, the longer it's going to take to get out of this pandemic and back to regular as much as possible.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Right?! We were supposed to have some of those here in Canada too, courtesy of Justin Trudeau.
Still waiting ....
And the Democrats were supposed to take our guns away many times over by now......and Obama was going to put us under Sharia Law.....and Obamacare was supposed to have death panels that decided grandma wasn't worth keeping alive.....and Biden was supposed to turn us over to Chinese control......

Oh, but don't worry.....this slippery slope prediction about contract tracing is true for sure! Really......I promise.:p

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And the Democrats were supposed to take our guns away many times over by now......and Obama was going to put us under Sharia Law.....and Obamacare was supposed to have death panels that decided grandma wasn't worth keeping alive.....and Biden was supposed to turn us over to Chinese control......

Oh, but don't worry.....this slippery slope prediction about contract tracing is true for sure! Really......I promise.:p
There's still time! :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really, it's been almost two years.

Yes, it does. Because the more people who hold out, the longer it's going to take to get out of this pandemic and back to regular as much as possible.

Ok, keep buying into it. This will not end, vaccinations or not.

Keep getting frustrated and irked by the holdouts. It’s your choice. :shrug:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You know what really irks me?
People comparing the onerous situation of to testing/vaccinating during a pandemic with living under the Nazi regime.

I once tried to become a history teacher, which in my country meant acquiring a broad and relatively in depth knowledge of Nazi Germany and its crimes against humanity. Seeing and hearing measures against a global pandemic - however you may think about them - compared to those crimes is making me really, really mad and disgusted at this blatant attempt at emotional manipulation.

Ponder This

Here's a little update on how Biden vaccine mandates are fairing in other court cases...
Judge blocks U.S. COVID-19 vaccine rule for health workers in 10 states
"Congress did not clearly authorize CMS to enact this politically and economically vast, federalism-altering, and boundary-pushing mandate, which Supreme Court precedent requires," he wrote.
A judge temporarily blocks a vaccine mandate for health workers in 10 states.
A federal judge blocks Biden’s vaccine mandate for U.S. health workers.
“There is no question that mandating a vaccine to 10.3 million health care workers is something that should be done by Congress, not a government agency,” Judge Doughty of U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana wrote. He added: “It is not clear that even an act of Congress mandating a vaccine would be constitutional.”
In New Biden Setback, US Judge Blocks Vaccine Mandate for Contractors in 3 States
"Can the president use congressionally delegated authority to manage the federal procurement of goods and services to impose vaccines on the employees of federal contractors and subcontractors?" wrote U.S. District Judge Gregory Van Tatenhove in Frankfort, Kentucky. "In all likelihood, the answer to that question is no."

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You know what really irks me?
People comparing the onerous situation of to testing/vaccinating during a pandemic with living under the Nazi regime.

I once tried to become a history teacher, which in my country meant acquiring a broad and relatively in depth knowledge of Nazi Germany and its crimes against humanity. Seeing and hearing measures against a global pandemic - however you may think about them - compared to those crimes is making me really, really mad and disgusted at this blatant attempt at emotional manipulation.

Irked? Deal with it. Ok? :shrug:

You want to talk about emotional manipulation? Go back and look at the references to sociopaths, no empathy, no concern for others. In a word... attempts at guilt trips. So don’t talk to me about emotional manipulation.

Moreover, I don’t recall anyone using the word Nazi. So don’t talk to me about emotional manipulation. I think I already said that. Well, it bears repeating.

SA Huguenot

From your own article:

both infection-induced and vaccine-induced immunity are durable for at least six months — but that vaccines are more consistent in their protection and offer a huge boost in antibodies for people previously infected.

The vaccine does a better job.
so why choose one sentence to tell us that we must get vaccinated if the whole article on the Israeli study proved that Natural immunity is much better than the vaccine.

I evaluate all scientific claims by politicians and government officials by the followin litmus test.

If they dont mention anything about NATURAL IMMUNITY, they are giving half the truth, and sellected truths is a complete lie!
I had covid, and I dont want the vax, not because I am an anti vaxxer, but because people speaking like you are Brain vaxxers.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, it’s more than that but I won’t go into it because it’s contrary to the forum’s policies. On a more basic level my reasons are my own, I don’t owe anyone an explanation or justification.
Not to us.

Anyone you're indoors with, though... yes, you do owe them an explanation. Your right to swing your fist ends at the tip of their nose, so you owe it to them to explain to their satisfaction why you should be able to put them at risk.

Are you vaccinated? Then you’re protected. Don’t worry about me.
"Are you wearing a seatbelt? Then you're protected. Don't worry about me driving drunk."