• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal Appeals Court Upholds Blocking Vaccine and Testing Mandate

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Some people are naturally immune/naturally beat covid with their own immune system.
Should they be forced to take the vaccine?

Yes. Because as far as I know, the immunity from the mRNA vaccine is stronger and longer lasting.

My wife got CoV19 and was still encouraged to get vaccinated by both of her doctors, for that reason.

Edit: COVID-19 natural immunity versus vaccination

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes. Because as far as I know, the immunity from the mRNA vaccine is stronger and longer lasting.

My wife got CoV19 and was still encouraged to get vaccinated by both of her doctors, for that reason.

Edit: COVID-19 natural immunity versus vaccination

From 11/10/2021(two days ago)

Israeli study shows natural immunity delivers 13 times more protection than COVID vaccines

Israeli study shows natural immunity delivers 13 times more protection than COVID vaccines

Israel has one of the highest vaccine rates.
So their studies are probably right.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
From 11/10/2021

"What about that Israeli study suggesting natural immunity is stronger? Infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH, FIDSA, carefully evaluates the study design of the retrospective Maccabi Health System study in his Aug. 31 briefing. In the briefing, he identifies two concerning sources of error that were not corrected for: survivorship bias and selection bias."

From the same article I posted above. The Israeli study is faulty.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
From 11/10/2021(two days ago)

Israel has one of the highest vaccine rates.
So their studies are probably right.

From your own article:

both infection-induced and vaccine-induced immunity are durable for at least six months — but that vaccines are more consistent in their protection and offer a huge boost in antibodies for people previously infected.

The vaccine does a better job.

We Never Know

No Slack
"What about that Israeli study suggesting natural immunity is stronger? Infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH, FIDSA, carefully evaluates the study design of the retrospective Maccabi Health System study in his Aug. 31 briefing. In the briefing, he identifies two concerning sources of error that were not corrected for: survivorship bias and selection bias."

From the same article I posted above. The Israeli study is faulty.

That's the thing. Everyone has their studies and they differ. Who do we believe?

We Never Know

No Slack
From your own article:

both infection-induced and vaccine-induced immunity are durable for at least six months — but that vaccines are more consistent in their protection and offer a huge boost in antibodies for people previously infected.

The vaccine does a better job.

"Those who had recovered from COVID-19 months before receiving their jabs harboured antibodies capable of defanging the mutant spike, which displays much more resistance to immune attack than any known naturally occurring variant. These peoples’ antibodies even blocked other types of coronaviruses. “It’s very likely they will be effective against any future variant that SARS-CoV-2 throws against them,” says Hatziioannou."

COVID super-immunity: one of the pandemic’s great puzzles

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's the thing. Everyone has their studies and they differ. Who do we believe?

The science constantly changes. You go with the most recent. The vaccine is the safest option for most people, previously infected or not.

One study does not a pattern make (in reference to the Israeli one), but there are dozens, proving the vaccines effectiveness.

Quantity, and quality matter in these studies (the so called Gold Standard, as well)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If you were willing to get MMR, Polio, Hep A/B, or any other number of vaccines, but not this one.

I can't convince you to get vaccinated. Your beyond me.

We Never Know

No Slack
The science constantly changes. You go with the most recent. The vaccine is the safest option for most people, previously infected or not.

One study does not a pattern make (in reference to the Israeli one), but there are dozens, proving the vaccines effectiveness. Quantity, and quality mater in these studies.

Science, like politics(the virus and vaccine has became political) can be bought.
We peons don't really know what the facts are. Thats my opinion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One should never rely on one study in medicine. It is possible to mess up a study. That is why it is best to check multiple sources. If only one source makes a claim that claim would appear to be rather questionable.

Frankly I have not looked into this topic myself, but when one side only sites one study alarm bells ring for me.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I had many vaccines when I was younger.
My kids and grandkids have had many vaccines.
Im not antivax

Hence my last sentence. If you have done that (vaccinate previously). But this particular vaccine sets you in edge.

Your beyond any convincing I could do.

We Never Know

No Slack

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
That's the thing. Everyone has their studies and they differ. Who de believe?
These different study results are a serious problem and is one reason why the general population is encouraged to make individual decisions about vaccination. I tend to follow studies made state side as long as they are uniform, but are they?

We Never Know

No Slack
One should never rely on one study in medicine. It is possible to mess up a study. That is why it is best to check multiple sources. If only one source makes a claim that claim would appear to be rather questionable.

Frankly I have not looked into this topic myself, but when one side only sites one study alarm bells ring for me.

If you know anything about me, you should know I check and recheck most everything I post. I even recheck what others post.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member