• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal appeals court rejects Trump's effort to shield his taxes

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Federal appeals court rejects Trump's effort to shield his taxes

On an 8-3 vote, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit declined to grant a hearing before the full court, upholding a ruling last month by a three-judge panel of the court to allow the subpoena.

The decision means that unless Trump appeals to the Supreme Court and wins, the House Oversight and Reform Committee can enforce its subpoena ordering the accounting firm, Mazars USA LLP, to hand over any documents in its possession related to accounts of the Trump Organization dating to January 2009.

Here's a question.
What do you expect this to accomplish?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here's a question.
What do you expect this to accomplish?
To find out if there's any truth behind the allegations just like (in theory) the Republicans did when they investigated Hillary Clinton for a long, long time.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
To find out if there's any truth behind the allegations just like (in theory) the Republicans did when they investigated Hillary Clinton for a long, long time.

Truth in politics. :)
Not meaning to be offensive to you, but that's funny.

Not saying there is no truth, but those that want to believe it will and those that don't won't.
The truth is not what is true, it is what people choose believe, for any practical purpose.

You can't defeat belief with fact. If you want to defeat a belief (in Trump), you're going to have to come up with a better belief.

I don't think it will accomplish what you think it will.
Politics and religion, I think there maybe some parallels there.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Do you mean Rachael Maddow? She's the one that broke the story and I know the short hair can be confusing and she is a lesbian so she most likely has grabbed a few p*****s in her time so I can see the mix up.
No, I was wondering if you believe Trump when he says he has been under audit for multiple years?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No, I was wondering if you believe Trump when he says he has been under audit for multiple years?

I don't care if he is or isn't nor do I have any interest in seeing his or any other politicians tax returns other than laughing at those who have made this a political issue when it backfires on them. I am sure his tax preparer(s) ensured he payed the least ammount of taxes as legally possible which is what I and no doubt everyone else does. One would be a fool to pay more taxes than they are legally required to, do you agree or disagree?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Truth in politics. :)
Not meaning to be offensive to you, but that's funny.

I'd call it sad but yes it's a problem. But Trump lies about things that people have seen him say and do - in effect telling people not to trust their own senses. So even amongst thieves, there's better and worse. Politicians by their nature are salespeople and the system is such that mostly they "sell their souls" for campaign contributions. But I do expect them to not break the law and to to not be sociopaths.

xxx.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't care if he is or isn't nor do I have any interest in seeing his or any other politicians tax returns other than laughing at those who have made this a political issue when it backfires on them. I am sure his tax preparer(s) ensured he payed the least ammount of taxes as legally possible which is what I and no doubt everyone else does. One would be a fool to pay more taxes than they are legally required to, do you agree or disagree?
I expect everyone to obey the law. Paying the least the law allows is just fine. But breaking the law is something else.

But the nothing burgers which was the Hillary investigation and the fake Biden investigation while giving Trump a free pass is hypocrisy plain and simple.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I expect everyone to obey the law. Paying the least the law allows is just fine. But breaking the law is something else.

If you have concerns about Trump breaking some tax laws then I suggest you immediately call the IRS and tell them of your concerns and present any evidence you have that Trump broke any tax laws (well, his tax preparers have who will ultimately be the ones responsible)
Please livestream your call so we can all hear it.

Oh wait, you said the IRS are just liars so either way we can't trust them to say he is or isn't guilty of anything.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I'd call it sad but yes it's a problem. But Trump lies about things that people have seen him say and do - in effect telling people not to trust their own senses. So even amongst thieves, there's better and worse. Politicians by their nature are salespeople and the system is such that mostly they "sell their souls" for campaign contributions. But I do expect them to not break the law and to to not be sociopaths.

View attachment 34331

Nurses are more trusted than doctors?

giphy.gif

Well lots of nurses in my family so I suppose that's good.

It's 50/50 on journalists. :eek: