• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feathered Snake

Shrew

Does someone here know more about the cult of the Feathered Snake (Kukulkan, Quetzalcoatl) than one can find on Wikipedia?
Where did that cult originate?
Is it true that followers had to go through complicated initiation rituals?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Quetzalcoatl was an Aztec god, and from my limited knowledge, if they did not worship their gods the world as they knew it would die. I'm quite sure you can fine information about it's practitioners on the internet, just gotta delve deep :D

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I think I remember reading somewhere that the Mexica (Aztecs) inherited a lot of their culture including the Feathered Serpent cult from older civilisations in the area like the Olmecs, the Toltecs & the Mayans.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Shrew; Hmm - check out ancient Sumerian lore - there is a cult of the snake there - started by the so called god Enki and his son Ningizzidda.....Proliferant through out all the middle east, especially Egypt - the snake.was the original symbol for Divine enlightenment - the natural energy of the eternal Self (Soul) known as Kundalini - and is the basis for all the worlds religions as THESE in Sumer tell us directly that they go around starting them off on purpose, dividing the lands between them and so creating patron gods with patron nations that all originate in Sumer ...

And they also speak of this pantheon of so called gods, specifically moving indeed to the Americas and starting religions there also..Even though - according to all we know and accept as "fact" - there should be no possible way for those in Sumer to even know the Americas even exist - yet they DO - they record it for all to see - even tell us the people native there can NOT GROW BEARDS and even explain to us WHY this is so...Go figure ;)

If memory serves - then it turns out this Ningizzidda is ALSO the character known as Thoth to the Egyptians and indeed also Quetzalcoatl of the Americas...One and the same PERSON (not a god at all, but yes I believe once a living being)......I cant remember just now if it is specifically Ningizzidda or not - but for sure one of those Annunaki IS both the Egyptian Thoth and Quetzalcoatl - though as I say BOTH are the same living breathing MAN and not a Divine entity at all..

To trace it is quite complicated, but it does seem to rest on that legitimate phenomena of Kundalini...Not a "feathered serpent" but a FIERY serpant - and all the religious outward aspect is based entirely on this inner energetic phenomena and how to cultivate it, release it, and thus free the Soul to cross into other spiritual realms of awareness.. Even the mainstream religions of the time such as Judaism itself, incorporate this teaching - the Essenes for example, Christs people are a direct off shoot of an earlier Egyptian Mystery school - the Great White Brotherhood - which was based in Karnak and taught the inner mysteries openly.. As I say though, go back far enough even before Egypt - and indeed from all over the world - and it all leads straight back to Sumer and the brothers Enki, Enlil and their families and cohorts who will become the major players of ALL the worlds religions everywhere ;)

Last edited: