• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feathered Fox

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Has anyone ever heard any stories , myths , or lengends about feathered foxes ? I don't mean " feathered " fox fur , but a fox covered by feathers in place of fur .

Feathers ... Jensa ... ???

Had a dream , and was just wondering if such a thing existed anywhere other then my twisted mind ....

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Just the one , I think . :) Why , is there more then one feathered fox out there ?

Ok , I was very close to it . Holding it's head in my hands . So I really didn't get a good over-all view . I'm just wondering if there are any myths or such about such a creature .

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
To be honest, I'm not familiar with any folklore of feathered foxes. I asked about the tails because, in kitsune (fox-spirit) lore, they usually denote how powerful or aged the fox is.

I'm not sure if I should tell you what I think it was or not. There may be a lot of folklore out there that I'm not aware of, and my mind just tends to leap to what I immeadiately associate.

Ðanisty

FeathersinHair said:
To be honest, I'm not familiar with any folklore of feathered foxes. I asked about the tails because, in kitsune (fox-spirit) lore, they usually denote how powerful or aged the fox is.
I knew when you asked about the tails you were thinking kitsune. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ðanisty said:
I knew when you asked about the tails you were thinking kitsune. :)

Heheee, I imagined there would be people out there laying bets on how long it took me to mention 'em! (Though the number of tails may also be part of a different folklore, too... I'll have to do some research!)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From a biological perspective, just in your "twisted mind", Kreeden.

They certainly would be interesting-looking, though....

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
The closest thing to a feathered fox I've ever read about was in a novel by Dean Koontz... sorry! :shrug:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Seyorni said:
From a biological perspective, just in your "twisted mind", Kreeden. quote]

Thank you Seyorni , I was starting to worry that I was becoming .... normal . :faint: lol
;)

Kitsune eh ? I will have to take a boo at that . Thank you . :) And perhaps a look at Dean Koontz's noval . BTW Feathers , if you like , you could PM me your thoughts . Or post it here . There is much to the dream I haven't told . I'm just interested in the Feathered Fox .