• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of self harm

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I havent cut in a long time. And i haven't had any thoughts of it lately. But im scared. I'm planning on going on testosterone and I know in the long run it'll make me happier. But i also know I have a small support system and im going to lose friends and family in it once I go on T. My mental health hasn't been good lately ive been stressed out and my cptsd been acting up. Im just scared once I lose friends and family that I'll be tempted to cut. And that I might not have enough support to fall back on.

I know tho I'll have some support. One my coworkers got my back for instance. I know crisis lines and what to do to get help if that urge arises. But it's still something im worried about.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I havent cut in a long time. And i haven't had any thoughts of it lately. But im scared. I'm planning on going on testosterone and I know in the long run it'll make me happier. But i also know I have a small support system and im going to lose friends and family in it once I go on T. My mental health hasn't been good lately ive been stressed out and my cptsd been acting up. Im just scared once I lose friends and family that I'll be tempted to cut. And that I might not have enough support to fall back on.

I know tho I'll have some support. One my coworkers got my back for instance. I know crisis lines and what to do to get help if that urge arises. But it's still something im worried about.

Reach out if you need someone to talk to. :glomp:

VoidCat

Well it was a two part comment. You can’t know.
If im not happier well I won't be any worse off. I got gender dysphoria now that's pretty bad and the only way i can see regretting going on T is if i get too much hate to handle.

kadzbiz

How do you feel about your mental health? Have you ever had any therapy? You just seem to have a lot going on. You don’t have to answer of course, but I’m happy to admit that I’ve have some.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Best wishes on maintaining sufficient mental health to keep coming on here. I figure you'll be fine.

VoidCat

How do you feel about your mental health? Have you ever had any therapy? You just seem to have a lot going on. You don’t have to answer of course, but I’m happy to admit that I’ve have some.
Mental health could be better I've had therapy sure. Most my life. My last therapist tho i stopped going to cuz it was 220 a month cuz they didnt take insurance. I just got a referral to an individual mental health professional because of the transitioning thing.