• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of homosexuality

Spartan

They failed to defend themselves against anyone, really, after a certain point as they refused to change but the rest of the world did. This "certain point" is clear only about a century after the Battle of Thermopylae.

They were legends of battle. The brave don't always win. They didn't win at the Alamo either, but they sure made a name for themselves.

Spartan

The Bible is very clear many will fully believe they have all those things, yet when they come before Christ he will deny them saying "I don't know you." (Luke 13:27)

He knows the faithful who don't kick him to the curb and he will raise them up on the last day.

Spartan

Wow you answer is very Christian.... And yes i met many Christians who answer as you do, Judgmental when it comes to other belief
My answer is Not everyone is meant to be Christians and even i do not say it is a wrong path, it was not for me

What happens to you when you die in Buddhism?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They were legends of battle. The brave don't always win. They didn't win at the Alamo either, but they sure made a name for themselves.
Ultimately, the Spartans were utterly terrified of change. And their advantages in armor, weapons, and battle formation only lasted a brief time. Had Leonidas not had the foresight to bottleneck the Persians through the "hot gate" we probably wouldn't even remember them because the Athenians played massive, crucial, and critical roles during the multiple Persian invasions. Mighty and formidable for a moment, yes. There is no doubt - as long as it was on the ground and in a style of war they were accustomed to (this same trait would utterly crush Japanese Samurai against the Mongolians). Foolish, dumb, and conceited, there is no doubt about that either.

Spartan

Interesting to think of the extent to which "jesus" helped
to bring about the utter destruction of israel.

Israel was overrun in the Old Testament pretty much every time they rebelled against God. In Jesus' time it was no different than in the Book of Judges.

Jesus brought back Israel again in 1948, never to cease as a nation ever again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He knows the faithful who don't kick him to the curb and he will raise them up on the last day.
He knows the faithful, but yet we really have no actual assurances ourselves. Only god actually knows if we are allowed into the Kingdom or tossed into a chasm of fire.

Spartan

Ultimately, the Spartans were utterly terrified of change. And their advantages in armor, weapons, and battle formation only lasted a brief time. Had Leonidas not had the foresight to bottleneck the Persians through the "hot gate" we probably wouldn't even remember them because the Athenians played massive, crucial, and critical roles during the multiple Persian invasions. Mighty and formidable for a moment, yes. There is no doubt - as long as it was on the ground and in a style of war they were accustomed to (this same trait would utterly crush Japanese Samurai against the Mongolians). Foolish, dumb, and conceited, there is no doubt about that either.

"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are?" - Plutarch, quoting King Agis of Sparta

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That was only part of it, didn't you know? Like I said, "Why were the prophets and the apostles martyred? They didn’t go after these guys for preaching love and tolerance. They went after them because they exposed sin, corruption, and idolatry, and took a stand for what’s right in the eyes of God. They were God’s little troublemakers, and the world couldn’t handle it. The world stood convicted of its sin, and in order to justify its own worldliness and unrighteousness it chose instead to kill the messengers."
No, they went after the inequity of the power structures. They preached God's equity rather than the inequity of the power structures, as I pointed out. The sin was the immorality of inequity and lack of hospitality. (The same inequity and lack of hospitality shown to the vulnerable of our own time by Evangelicals.)

Some do many don't. But the amount of hate-filled obscenities coming back from left-wing "Christians" who think they can fornicate, engage in homosexual acts, and sin like the devil, and who are incensed when they're called out for their unbiblical views, is loud, often, and straight out of the devil's lair.
You know why you're getting the hate-filled blow-back from these people? It's because of the dehumanizing finger-pointing that's perpetuated by your ilk. Evangelicals name these people as sin, itself. The latest scientific findings show homosexuality to be a normal and healthy expression of human sexuality. Instead, you ignore those findings, labeling them as illegitimate, because they're "biased by pressure from the left." These people identify as homosexual, and then you tell them that they're "unbiblical." That is judgmental and dehumanizing. Since you hold most of the power cards, you can pass inequitable legislation or suppress equity. You can propagate discriminatory speech, because you have a larger voice.

You condemn homosexual acts, yet you refuse to find out what, exactly, the bible says, or why it says what it says. You fail to realize that your "biblical views" are YOUR views only; they are not shared by equitable people -- nor should they be; they're generally disingenuous viewpoints masquerading as "piety." Why force them on others? If you're against homosexuality, then don't be gay, but don't force others to your viewpoint.

Your post is a load of horse manure. Wise up.
I wised up a long time ago, my friend.

Spartan

If i do not reach enlightenment this lifetime, I will be living again in a new life depending on the karma I accumulated in this lifetime.

Reincarnation?

From a Biblical standpoint, reincarnation is a false doctrine: “It is appointed for man to die ONCE, and after that to face the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

In some Hindu teachings, if a person is "bad" in the present life, they may well wind up as a protected 'temple rat" in the next life. Which begs the question: If one is a 'bad' temple rat in that life, do they further regress to a temple cockroach, with an infinite regression back to a corrupted amoeba!? What's more, who was the first person on earth reincarnated from, and which individual or power on earth or in heaven facilitates those supposed rebirths?

Reincarnation voids the necessity of Christ for salvation and eternal life. If one can simply 'live again,' then what is the need to believe in Jesus? Therefore, the idea of reincarnation is Satanic.

The Bible makes it clear that Satan has been around since before the Garden of Eden. He knows what occurred in the lives of such people as Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, Hitler, and every other person who has lived since the creation of mankind. It is certainly not a “reach” then to believe that he and / or his demonic spirits can place false memories of “prior lives” into the unregenerated minds of modern man, especially when those individuals are making an effort – such as in a seance – to establish “contact” with a former self or higher spiritual powers.

Finally, there has never been any credible evidence that I've ever seen that reincarnation exists. If anyone has some I'd like to see it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Reincarnation?

From a Biblical standpoint, reincarnation is a false doctrine: “It is appointed for man to die ONCE, and after that to face the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

In some Hindu teachings, if a person is "bad" in the present life, they may well wind up as a protected 'temple rat" in the next life. Which begs the question: If one is a 'bad' temple rat in that life, do they further regress to a temple cockroach, with an infinite regression back to a corrupted amoeba!? What's more, who was the first person on earth reincarnated from, and which individual or power on earth or in heaven facilitates those supposed rebirths?

Reincarnation voids the necessity of Christ for salvation and eternal life. If one can simply 'live again,' then what is the need to believe in Jesus? Therefore, the idea of reincarnation is Satanic.

The Bible makes it clear that Satan has been around since before the Garden of Eden. He knows what occurred in the lives of such people as Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, Hitler, and every other person who has lived since the creation of mankind. It is certainly not a “reach” then to believe that he and / or his demonic spirits can place false memories of “prior lives” into the unregenerated minds of modern man, especially when those individuals are making an effort – such as in a seance – to establish “contact” with a former self or higher spiritual powers.

Finally, there has never been any credible evidence that I've ever seen that reincarnation exists. If anyone has some I'd like to see it.
I dont ask you to belive in reincarnation :) I only answered a question from a buddhist POW

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nope. God gives us assurance of salvation.
And yet Jesus gave warnings that though some may be confidently assured, they are not. Such as, some would say the Roman Catholics are hell bound for worshiping idols and false gods. Some would say that applies to those who adhere to the idea of a Trinity. Who's to know? Only god. In the most extreme sense to a Calvinist.
Did you really quote that the devil loves you? Wow.
Yup. I even put in a bit of time to add the little emotes to make it "look and feel" more like the very tongue-in-check song that is overloaded with nonsensical absurdities and so silly it can't be taken seriously, but it makes me laugh every time I see the video.

Spartan

No, they went after the inequity of the power structures. They preached God's equity rather than the inequity of the power structures, as I pointed out. The sin was the immorality of inequity and lack of hospitality. (The same inequity and lack of hospitality shown to the vulnerable of our own time by Evangelicals.)

They told people to repent of their sins, and their sexual immorality and turn back to God.

Isaiah Chapter 1 likens the Israelites to “Sodomites” and a “brood of evildoers,” whose “hands are full of blood.” Jeremiah Chapter 2 refers to them as “a wild donkey in heat.” Other prophets call them “adulteresses” and liken their behavior to prostitutes. So vivid were the descriptions of the abominations of the Israelites that the Bible records God himself bringing judgment upon judgment upon them, so that even their children were dashed against the rocks.

You know why you're getting the hate-filled blow-back from these people? It's because of the dehumanizing finger-pointing that's perpetuated by your ilk. Evangelicals name these people as sin, itself. The latest scientific findings show homosexuality to be a normal and healthy expression of human sexuality. Instead, you ignore those findings, labeling them as illegitimate, because they're "biased by pressure from the left." These people identify as homosexual, and then you tell them that they're "unbiblical." That is judgmental and dehumanizing. Since you hold most of the power cards, you can pass inequitable legislation or suppress equity. You can propagate discriminatory speech, because you have a larger voice.

No wonder you despise Bible believers. You're trying to legitimize sin and you get hostile and get yourself in an uproar when anyone challenges that from a Biblical standpoint. That's why you get blow back from conservatives, because IMO your theology is of the devil himself.

I wised up a long time ago, my friend.

1537197117925.jpg

Spartan

And yet Jesus gave warnings that though some may be confidently assured, they are not. Such as, some would say the Roman Catholics are hell bound for worshiping idols and false gods. Some would say that applies to those who adhere to the idea of a Trinity. Who's to know? Only god. In the most extreme sense to a Calvinist.

Sorry, but those who are born again and remain in Christ are saved.

I myself have ALREADY crossed over unto eternal life in Christ (John 5:24), not by my own righteousness - for I have none - but by the righteousness of Christ (Romans chapter 3).

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If you think unrepentant gays or straights are moral you're deluding yourself. Unless all repent of their sexual immorality (as defined in the Bible) and turn to Christ they will be lost (Luke 13:3, John 3:36, Rev. 21:8, etc.).

Answer the questions. Here they are again:
  • Do all gays live this immoral lifestyle? What is this immoral lifestyle?
  • Can one be gay and live a moral lifestyle?
  • Is there a straight immoral lifestyle? (Of course there is, silly!)
  • What are the criteria for these?
I might add, are all the good and moral things I do negated because I sleep with another man!? Is it all for naught because I'm an unrepentant sodomite? :( Is Jesus crying for me?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Horse manure. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Do you approve of gay sex and gay marriage?
The sexual orientation, being unknown at the time, could not possibly be addressed. That's just How It Works.

Absolutely and unequivocally I approve of same-sex marriage. A specific liturgy exists for such. I approve of any sexual activity between two consenting adults, that is carried out in a monogamous and committed relationship, and that is an expression of love between them, no matter whether it's homosexual or heterosexual.