• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement in 2006.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is an article published in 2016.

I suspect this is probably going on still.

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

I believe it. I mean, there are a lot of white supremacists in the United States overall. Our country was founded in white supremacy, and it remained that way for an awfully long time. Nowadays, people say that America has changed and whites are mostly liberal and tolerant now. We've tried to pretend like it doesn't exist anymore, and we've tried to put forth an image intended to cover up much of the ugliness which exists.

But it's always been there. It's not like this is some "new thing" that just happened. I think it's just that people have gotten too complacent and perhaps a bit off track.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It was obvious that there was white supremacy in the local police force when and where I was growing up forty to fifty years ago...and I've seen evidence that the procedures and policies have officially changed, but that the problem still remains...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When we have a POTUS who retweets "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat", the right wing crazies feel empowered.

I know what would happen if I started tweeting "the only good Republican is a dead Republican" - the FBI would no doubt pay me a visit posthaste.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
When we have a POTUS who retweets "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat", the right wing crazies feel empowered.

I know what would happen if I started tweeting "the only good Republican is a dead Republican" - the FBI would no doubt pay me a visit posthaste.

At the very least, Twitter would put a label on the post saying it promotes violence and might even remove it.

Funny how the Pres. thinks that is censorship.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At the very least, Twitter would put a label on the post saying it promotes violence and might even remove it.

Funny how the Pres. thinks that is censorship.
I wonder (not) if he'll complain that they did the same with a Chinese tweet. Yes, I know, he's so special.

dianaiad

No, you would be hailed as a hero and people would volunteer to join your cause, complete with methods.

Unlike my father, who was put on the 'no fly' list because someone overheard him say that Obama's assasination woud be a very bad idea, for many reasons; including the idea that murder is wrong AND that it would leave Biden in charge. He was speaking very toungue in cheek, but this WWII veteran with a very high security clearance was still told he couldn't get on an airplane BECAUSE he thought assassination was a bad idea, especially if the target was a liberal.

So don't give me the 'FBI postehaste" bit. You'd be more likely to get such a visit if you objected to Nancy Pelosi's "Let them eat ice cream" comments. I'm sorry, but I have very little sympathy for any liberal who complains about any lack of freedom of speech. It just doesn't impress me, given my own, and everybody else's, recent history.