• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI searched for "nuclear documents"

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
A report that FBI agents searched for classified documents related to nuclear weapons at Donald Trump's Florida resort could explain the urgency of the unprecedented operation at the home of an ex-President and takes his showdown with the Justice Department to a grave new level
Report that FBI sought nuclear documents sharpens Trump showdown with Justice Department - CNNPolitics

High treason is at stake.
This is the most harsh accusation or hit (not sure which word to use) against Trump so far.

Can this drama get even worse than that?

exchemist

Veteran Member

exchemist

Veteran Member
What other reason would the be to hold such important documents?

He may not have passed the information on yet due to being under watch.
Hm, I think that's getting several steps ahead of ourselves. Let's see what kind of documents he actually did squirrel away before we start drawing conclusions. But I admit that nuclear stuff does seem an odd choice on his part......

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Why do you call this treason? It's only treason if Trump has passed the information in these documents to an adversary of the US, surely?

Do we think he may have done that?
"Espionage" may be a better fit if he took the materials with the intent of handing them over but hasn't done it yet.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You guys sure are a exciteable bunch.
Just imagine if you could get to results faster than FBI?
I think you would get a job :)

"Espionage" may be a better fit if he took the materials with the intent of handing them over but hasn't done it yet.
Indeed, this means he would be haunted by CIA right?

Waiting to see what's actually found in Trump's lair?
Let's see what kind of documents he actually did squirrel away before we start drawing conclusions.
What ever they find, I'm more interested in how Trump will react.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It seems interesting that they're choosing to mention this now.
Presumably the move to make public the nature of the FBI interest is to head off some of Trump's whining about an unfair witch hunt, by getting it all out in the public domain.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
It seems interesting that they're choosing to mention this now.
Agree with @exchemist

But I think major reason is Trump's claims that the FBI might have planted evidence and also since he cooperated and called the raid inappropriate,
and now they needed to give good reason to counterbalance Trump's statements.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Hm, I think that's getting several steps ahead of ourselves. Let's see what kind of documents he actually did squirrel away before we start drawing conclusions. But I admit that nuclear stuff does seem an odd choice on his part......
btw. you surely have watched bank robbery movies, in general they don't right away go spend money and buy cars and houses,
it's common in those movies when one of them break this rule and then they fight over this mistake.

Some time must pass until things calm down and only then you start selling what ever you stole, this way you remove suspicion from yourself.
This is one motive why Trump may hold documents instead of selling them right away.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Presumably the move to make public the nature of the FBI interest is to head off some of Trump's whining about an unfair witch hunt, by getting it all out in the public domain.

Agree with @exchemist

But I think major reason is Trump's claims that the FBI might have planted evidence and also since he cooperated and called the raid inappropriate,
and now they needed to give good reason to counterbalance Trump's statements.

Well, if it was something of that magnitude, then I would consider that to be an important piece of information. A couple of days ago, I heard them talking about some of the contents included cocktail napkins and menus from birthday dinners. Technically, they may still be considered "official documents," but seemingly harmless.

But if they knew that Trump had classified nuclear documents on January 21, 2021, then why sit on it for so long? That should have been the lead story right from the outset.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well, if it was something of that magnitude, then I would consider that to be an important piece of information. A couple of days ago, I heard them talking about some of the contents included cocktail napkins and menus from birthday dinners. Technically, they may still be considered "official documents," but seemingly harmless.

But if they knew that Trump had classified nuclear documents on January 21, 2021, then why sit on it for so long? That should have been the lead story right from the outset.
Who is "they"?

The DoJ and FBI won't want to move until they are sure of their ground, presumably.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Report that FBI sought nuclear documents sharpens Trump showdown with Justice Department - CNNPolitics

High treason is at stake.
This is the most harsh accusation or hit (not sure which word to use) against Trump so far.

Can this drama get even worse than that?

With this toxic orange clown, suspicions of what criminal activity he's up to not only end up being true but is worse than one dared imagined. He's a noxious mix of narcissism and stupidity without a shred of moral fiber.