• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI raids Trump's Mar-A-Lago Estate!

Will the FBI's Mar-A-Largo raid likely find incriminating evidence against Trump?

• Most likely Yes.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Most likely No.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 50/50 Chance.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
It would seem so, at least from what I can gather from what I'm hearing on the radio on my ride to and from work. For example, yesterday, the morning commentator (a Trump shill) was criticizing and playing an excerpt from a White House press briefing where the Press Secretary was asked "Is this administration weaponizing the Justice Department and the FBI against political opponents?" It's a yes-or-no question, and all she had to do was say "no," but the fact that she wasn't clear about it and started to hedge, that's the kind of thing that they'll pick up on and attack.
The far right are clever in asking loaded questions. They know how to imply something just by asking. It's the "how often do you beat your wife" the of tactic. Fortunately this will only influence the far right who already have a biased view of all this. Those who rely on reputable media will learn what is progressing in the investigation into Nixon's actions.

I mean Trump's actions.

A funny thing, I downloaded a big series of radio mysteries called the CBS Radio Mystery Theater, and they started being broadcast in 1973. The recordings that were archived included 6 minutes of the latest news headlines by CBS News, and this includes Watergate. So I'm fascinated how many Republicans back then were supporting Nixon against the investigation. As the episodes go on the news does too. I'm hearing more and more republicans changing their minds about Nixon and saying they will now support impeachment. So the early rhetoric and opposition against democrats sounds the same as today. The difference is how republicans changed their minds given new information being reported, and the nation is aware of the case against Nixon. Today they have FOX news and work off of that disinformation to maintain their support for Trump.

Later on in the day, Marc Levin made a point of mentioning that the FBI agents went through Melania Trump's clothes closet. It invokes the image of pervy cops running their fingers through the former First Lady's panty drawer. Bad optics. (What did they expect to find in there anyway?)
Well I doubt Melania wears underwear, so no harm there. plus, who knows what Trump would do to hide materials he doesn't have a right to possess? The far right is playing games. The FBI knows what it is doing and executing the search warrant. The solution is NOT less law enforcement, but republicans picking better and more ethical candidates.

Frankly I don't care what the far right does any more. They are fake patriots who are not ethical or honorable. They are going too far and probably have no self-awareness of their anti-democratic and anti-social attitudes. They have no arguments, and no credibility. They really need their own nation.

That's why things like this have to be done carefully, since any and every misstep, however small, will be magnified and exaggerated by the right wing media.
I understand what you mean. the FBI did approach Mar-a-lago carefully and without their FBI jackets. But they can't walk on eggshells just to try to outplay the nonsense the far right disinformation network comes up with. No matter what anyone does the far right disinformation network will distort and manipulate the facts and truth.

The one thing is how Trump has been allowed to fill the vacuum with disinformation. The FBI should have released some fact sheet about this. But still, the far right have no interest in reporting the news, they exist to disinform, period. The FBI and DOJ can be expert and perfect but the far right will mangle the news about them doing their jobs.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The far right are clever in asking loaded questions. They know how to imply something just by asking. It's the "how often do you beat your wife" the of tactic. Fortunately this will only influence the far right who already have a biased view of all this. Those who rely on reputable media will learn what is progressing in the investigation into Nixon's actions.

I mean Trump's actions.

A funny thing, I downloaded a big series of radio mysteries called the CBS Radio Mystery Theater, and they started being broadcast in 1973. The recordings that were archived included 6 minutes of the latest news headlines by CBS News, and this includes Watergate. So I'm fascinated how many Republicans back then were supporting Nixon against the investigation. As the episodes go on the news does too. I'm hearing more and more republicans changing their minds about Nixon and saying they will now support impeachment. So the early rhetoric and opposition against democrats sounds the same as today. The difference is how republicans changed their minds given new information being reported, and the nation is aware of the case against Nixon. Today they have FOX news and work off of that disinformation to maintain their support for Trump.

A big difference with Nixon was that Ford pardoned him just the same. I think the general mood at the time was that, Nixon was out, it's done, over with, let's move on. Vietnam was also coming to a close, and America ostensibly moved on to disco, Star Wars, and cocaine. Nixon was old news by then.

With Trump, they just can't seem to let it end. He either can't or won't fade back into the woodwork. Nixon was smarter than Trump.

Well I doubt Melania wears underwear, so no harm there.

Yeah, but it just sounds pretty bad. I'm not even sure if it's even true; it's just something they were talking about on the radio, which is how a lot of this stuff is presented. It's just one long stream of consciousness monologue from a right-wing hack. I only listen to it in small portions, as that's the most I can take.

plus, who knows what Trump would do to hide materials he doesn't have a right to possess? The far right is playing games. The FBI knows what it is doing and executing the search warrant. The solution is NOT less law enforcement, but republicans picking better and more ethical candidates.

Frankly I don't care what the far right does any more. They are fake patriots who are not ethical or honorable. They are going too far and probably have no self-awareness of their anti-democratic and anti-social attitudes. They have no arguments, and no credibility. They really need their own nation.

At least from what I can discern from the reports, the FBI is ostensibly operating within the legal parameters which they're required to. As a matter of general principle, as a citizen of the USA, my view is that if anyone from government or law enforcement enters a citizen's private domicile and starts going around and searching everything, they'd better have a damn good reason. They had a legal search warrant, and eventually the details will start trickling out as they usually do. So at least for now, there doesn't appear to be anything else to do about it except wait for the legal beagles in government to figure it all out and present their case.

I understand what you mean. the FBI did approach Mar-a-lago carefully and without their FBI jackets. But they can't walk on eggshells just to try to outplay the nonsense the far right disinformation network comes up with. No matter what anyone does the far right disinformation network will distort and manipulate the facts and truth.

The one thing is how Trump has been allowed to fill the vacuum with disinformation. The FBI should have released some fact sheet about this. But still, the far right have no interest in reporting the news, they exist to disinform, period. The FBI and DOJ can be expert and perfect but the far right will mangle the news about them doing their jobs.

That's another part of the problem here, since the FBI and DOJ seem to be silent about this. They should have gotten out in front of this right away. We have to presume, at least at some point, someone decided on the raid and the timetable for executing the raid. They knew what they were doing, while Biden didn't know (nor was there any particular reason he should). Obviously, Trump didn't know, nor did the Secret Service until they were informed of the warrant just before the raid.

But they had to have planned it out ahead of time, yet they apparently did not plan for any kind of public or media response. They should have at least been aware of the depth and magnitude of the decision they were making, and they should have had their response or fact sheet prepared in advance. Even if the wheels of justice and bureaucracies are designed to operate more mechanically, which is more conducive to being apolitical, they still should demonstrate some level of awareness of what they're actually doing. Otherwise, it looks like the train has no driver.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Later on in the day, Marc Levin made a point of mentioning that the FBI agents went through Melania Trump's clothes closet. It invokes the image of pervy cops running their fingers through the former First Lady's panty drawer. Bad optics. (What did they expect to find in there anyway?)
When people hide things, they put them where they
think others won't look. Ever watch The Sopranos,
Breaking Bad, Goodfellas, etc? It makes sense for
the FBI to search everywhere, eg, closets, cuboards,
dressers, under floors, ducts, cereal boxes, stoves.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It must be incredibly embarassing and frustrating for the FBI to break into Trump's safe in Mar-a-Lago and find it is empty.
And exactly how do you know it was empty? I've read and heard numerous reports and none of them mentioned that it was empty. So, where did you get this from?

metis

Maybe they forgot that the Trump Mar-a-Lago residence was already openly searched in January for the National Archive?
It is obvious that they had "probable cause" that Trump didn't turn them all in as directed, and the fact that the FBI walked out last week with numerous boxes is proof of this.

BTW, all Trump has to do to clarify this is to show the search warrant, which lists what they were looking for and why. Since he hasn't done that, doesn't that at all make you suspicious of what he has claimed?

Ponder This

I trust if we fish around enough, we very well might find the goods on Trump convicting him of a felon, thereby lawfully disqualifying him to be POTUS. I suppose the Trump base then should move along and find somebody else to follow.

Fishing around until you find "something" epitomizes "show me the man and I'll show you the crime". It is the reason Trump has the nomination right now if he wants it. The FBI has gone fishing.

And hoping that you will find something amounting to a felony so that you can disqualify Trump from being POTUS is fantasy. A felony cannot disqualify a person from being POTUS. Such a disqualification requires impeachment (which failed) or Constitutional Amendment (which is not forth coming).

LoL, what a clown car the FBI has become.

And exactly how do you know it was empty? I've read and heard numerous reports and none of them mentioned that it was empty. So, where did you get this from?

Eric Trump attested to the fact. You are, of course, free to call him a liar.
Eric Trump says safe breached by FBI in Mar-a-Lago search was empty
But saying that you didn't see it reported anywhere... means maybe you didn't look that hard?

BTW, all Trump has to do to clarify this is to show the search warrant, which lists what they were looking for and why. Since he hasn't done that, doesn't that at all make you suspicious of what he has claimed?

The FBI did not leave a copy of the warrant or a receipt of things taken. So, you would have to believe what Trump said about the warrant - the warrant that you are not allowed to read.

It is obvious that they had "probable cause" that Trump didn't turn them all in as directed, and the fact that the FBI walked out last week with numerous boxes is proof of this.

It's obvious that they didn't want people to know what the warrant said, nor did they want anyone to know what they took.

metis

Eric Trump attested to the fact.
And you supposedly know this is a "fact" how? Why do you believe Eric?

free to call him a liar.
I don't use such labels.

But saying that you didn't see it reported anywhere... means maybe you didn't look that hard?
Maybe you're blindly believing one who has a vested interest in not telling the truth.

The FBI did not leave a copy of the warrant or a receipt of things taken.
Yes, they did as that is protocol.

IOW, you are clearly blindly believing what the Trump camp and Fox want you to believe, so maybe consider using other sources.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Has Trump even denied that he took the documents?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When people hide things, they put them where they
think others won't look. Ever watch The Sopranos,
Breaking Bad, Goodfellas, etc? It makes sense for
the FBI to search everywhere, eg, closets, cuboards,
dressers, under floors, ducts, cereal boxes, stoves.

I've seen Goodfellas, but not the other two.

I've seen cops search and turn places upside down looking for a bag of weed, so I know how it goes. And if they can't find anything incriminating, they've been known to plant such evidence on people.

In any case, smart criminals don't hide incriminating evidence in their own homes - and certainly not in their wife's panty drawer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I've seen cops search and turn places upside down looking for a bag of weed, so I know how it goes. And if they can't find anything incriminating, they've been known to plant such evidence on people.

In any case, smart criminals don't hide incriminating evidence in their own homes - and certainly not in their wife's panty drawer.
The twelve boxes of White House files and documents, some of them classified were kept in a very secure logcation.

The basement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Without some evidence, the possibility of planting something
incriminating doesn't mean that it's done in any particular case.
What do the circumstances of suspicion that Trump stole federal
documents suggest? Mere claims of possibility by him & his
acolytes have as much merit as stolen elections.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Without some evidence, the possibility of planting something
incriminating doesn't mean that it's done in any particular case.
What do the circumstances of Trump's suspicion that Trump
stole federal documents suggest? Mere claims of possibility
by him & his acolytes have as much merit as stolen elections.

Trump's suspicion that Trump stole federal documents?

This morning, the radio guy was talking about Obama and alleging that Obama stole classified federal documents. I figured they'd be getting around to Obama sooner or later.

I don't know if Trump will ever be arrested or actually put on trial for any of the crimes he might be guilty of. If they do put him on trial, it'll be like the trial of the century. It'll have to be televised, and it would make a bigger TV smash than the O.J. trial.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am responding to @Suave who said:
It looks like the FBI had a very serious target. It is a crime to do what Trump appears to have done. Not only that, but one of the punishments for that crime is the inability to hold any public office ever again. I posted the law on another thread. I could probably find it again if needed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How is this known?
Is every raid by any law enforcement agency
with a judge's warrant merely "fishing"?
Trump Jr and Sr do have a history of mishandling/destroying legal documents. Not reason enough to search him, but it's reason to believe they may not have been fishing. He's done it before and has shown no signs he's changed since then (save for the presidency embiggening his already massively embiggened ego).

Ponder This

And you supposedly know this is a "fact" how? Why do you believe Eric?

I don't use such labels.

Maybe you're blindly believing one who has a vested interest in not telling the truth.

I'm not telling you that you have to believe Eric, but these are the facts as they are currently known. Let's see a receipt of items taken.

Yes, they did as that is protocol.

It is protocol. But the word of all who were there has been, thus far, that a copy was shown (but not before searching) and was not left. Trump's lawyers have confirmed that they don't have a copy and they want a copy.

Interestingly, Merrick Garland stated that a copy of both the warrant and the receipt were left.

IOW, you are clearly blindly believing what the Trump camp and Fox want you to believe, so maybe consider using other sources.

It looks like Merrick Garland, who admitted to signing off on the raid, has succumbed to pressure (from numerous watchdog groups) to release the warrant and Trump responded, publically, that he wants it released immediately - not that you at any point believed Trump. The only thing Merrick Garland's DOJ isn't willing to do is show the affadavit.

It's not my fault if you blindly believed without having seen warrant or receipt (or affadavit) or public statement from the DOJ and disbelieved what Trump, his family, and his lawyers stated publically.