• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI local crime?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We had an attempted robbery and two people shot at a local eatery five mins away from my home. I can't post the news article but it does say the FBI are involved.

What type of local crime warrants a FBI investigation?

I looked up.... the different government law agencies and their roles but we're not that big of a town but our juvenile jails house people "wanted" over the States (brother got arrested so found this out with him in court. His was attempted theft) but FBI?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We had an attempted robbery and two people shot at a local eatery five mins away from my home. I can't post the news article but it does say the FBI are involved.

What type of local crime warrants an investigation beyond the local police department?

I looked up.... the different government law agencies and their roles but we're not that big of a town but our juvenile jails house people "wanted" over the States (brother got arrested so found this out with him in court. His was attempted theft) but FBI?
All I can think of is drugs and the like. Find a way to get the big fish.

Skwim

Veteran Member

My impression has always been that the FBI may look into any crime they're asked to investigate, regardless of the crime or requesting agency. Of course this doesn't mean they will, only that they may.