• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI "has been seriously and systematically abusing its warrantless electronic surveillance.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Another article that's months out of date. I guess that's the best you can do.

You provided no link to the article, that I could find, so there is no way of knowing what year this is about.

Oh wait. I did a text search and found it...

FISA Slams FBI Over Surveillance Of Trump Adviser Carter Page
LAW
December 17, 2019 5:30 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

An 18-month-old article. Duh!
And someone [not you] is also conflating an "investigation" with a "conclusion". Meanwhile, we see all sorts of investigations now being done on Trump and Giuliani, plus some others in Trump's court as well, but nary a mention by the author of the OP.

Colt

Another article that's months out of date. I guess that's the best you can do.

You provided no link to the article, that I could find, so there is no way of knowing what year this is about.

Oh wait. I did a text search and found it...

LAW
December 17, 2019 5:30 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

An 18-month-old article. Duh!
The clueless poster that I was replying to was minimizing the FISA abuse. As is often the case when dealing with the Left one has to spend all afternoon getting them caught up on the stuff their propaganda sources omitted.

Colt

And someone [not you] is also conflating an "investigation" with a "conclusion". Meanwhile, we see all sorts of investigations now being done on Trump and Giuliani, plus some others in Trump's court as well, but nary a mention by the author of the OP.
Nothing new, politically motivated investigations of Trump and his friends have been going on since the day he announced he was running for President.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Like CNN. Right? "0]
CNN is much more credible. Only reason you hate CNN is because Fox and your radical media indoctrinate you to hate every other outlet that points out Republican misdeeds.
You're just following orders, they've trained you well.
I'll bet when hear about CNN you get real angry. You're the victim of propaganda emotional trickery.
It's always your emotions. That's propaganda 101

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
CNN is much more credible. Only reason you hate CNN is because Fox and your radical media indoctrinate you to hate every other outlet that points out Republican misdeeds.
You're just following orders, they've trained you well.
I'll bet when hear about CNN you get real angry. You're the victim of propaganda emotional trickery.
It's always your emotions. That's propaganda 101
Bet that's learned in libby school! CNN good, Fox bad!

Colt

And for very good reasons if one actually were to do the homework: Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia.
I already said that, with the Left, the ends justify the means. Misleading the FISA court is ok with you because you don't like Trump. None of those corrupt investigations ever revealed anything about Trump What we really discovered was it was the Democrats who bought propaganda from Christopher Steeles "Russian assets" and leaked that spurious information in October 2016 an attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. Steele was then fired from the FBI as an informant. The sleazy Clintons lost anyway.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I already said that, with the Left, the ends justify the means. Misleading the FISA court is ok with you because you don't like Trump.
I don't like Trump's immoral behavior, nor those who excuse his morally-bankrupt conduct that often is the antithesis of even the most basic Judeo-Christian morality. There's an old saying that goes "You are like the company you keep", thus I much prefer other "company". Trump has some good points, but it seems that the negative far outweighs them, imo.

None of those corrupt investigations ever revealed anything other than it was the Democrats who bought propaganda from Christopher Steeles Russian assets and leaked that spurious information in October 2016 an attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
I'm quite familiar with the Steele Dossier and listened to him talk about it. In short, what he said was that there were some stories that he could not verify that were coming from both Russian and Dutch operatives. He had a good reputation with our own intelligence networks-- you know those same networks that Trump said he didn't believe in but believed in Putin instead when they were in Oslo? It's "amazing" how so many Pubs are willing to back Trump's love of former KGB head Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence networks, including those from our military. Seems to be at least borderline traitorous to me. :rolleyes:

This story was leaked out into the press, which is why Steele had to explain what it basically contained, including the fact that he could not personally verify it. Either way, four FISA courts authorized the warrants, two of the judges being Republican appointees, which basically was the BEGINNING of the investigation, thus not the CONCLUSION.

The sleazy Clintons lost anyway.
"Sleazy Clintons", eh? So, besides defending the morally-bankrupt behavior of Trump, you now add on name-calling? No wonder you're so willing to turn a blind eye to Trump's moral bankruptcy.

I've had enough.

Colt

I don't like Trump's immoral behavior, nor those who excuse his morally-bankrupt conduct that often is the antithesis of even the most basic Judeo-Christian morality. There's an old saying that goes "You are like the company you keep", thus I much prefer other "company". Trump has some good points, but it seems that the negative far outweighs them, imo.

I'm quite familiar with the Steele Dossier and listened to him talk about it. In short, what he said was that there were some stories that he could not verify that were coming from both Russian and Dutch operatives. He had a good reputation with our own intelligence networks-- you know those same networks that Trump said he didn't believe in but believed in Putin instead when they were in Oslo? It's "amazing" how so many Pubs are willing to back Trump's love of former KGB head Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence networks, including those from our military. Seems to be at least borderline traitorous to me. :rolleyes:

This story was leaked out into the press, which is why Steele had to explain what it basically contained, including the fact that he could not personally verify it. Either way, four FISA courts authorized the warrants, two of the judges being Republican appointees, which basically was the BEGINNING of the investigation, thus not the CONCLUSION.

"Sleazy Clintons", eh? So, besides defending the morally-bankrupt behavior of Trump, you now add on name-calling? No wonder you're so willing to turn a blind eye to Trump's moral bankruptcy.

I've had enough.
You are imagining things, I've never defended Trumps moral behavior. The OP is about the FISA court. Trump is a caustic person, he said all sorts of irresponsible things as president. The final straw was the dog whistle that lead a fringe of idiots to attack our capital building leading to death and destruction.

Considering that elements in our Federal institutions were trying to undermine Trump I could see why he had no reason to "trust them". But the Left takes themselves too seriously, you lack an equal opportunity sense of humor. Most of us knew that Trump was joking about Putin.

I see, you like the Clintons??? Are you aware that (D)'s position themselves as the party of "helping people" so they get away with all sorts of stuff?

ecco

Veteran Member
The clueless poster that I was replying to was minimizing the FISA abuse. As is often the case when dealing with the Left one has to spend all afternoon getting them caught up on the stuff their propaganda sources omitted.
So, your idea of "getting them caught up" is to post an article from 18 months ago. What's next, the latest NY Post article about Luddites?

Colt

So, your idea of "getting them caught up" is to post an article from 18 months ago. What's next, the latest NY Post article about Luddites?
Yes, the Left doesn’t get much real news apparently.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Nothing new, politically motivated investigations of Trump and his friends have been going on since the day he announced he was running for President.
Was the investigation, trial, and finding of guilt in Trump University "politically motivated"?
Were the lawsuits about failed Trump developments "politically motivated"?
Is the lawsuit brought by E Jean Carroll "politically motivated"?

If "politically motivated" investigations concern you, why don't you complain about Benghazi?
If "politically motivated" investigations concern you, why aren't you criticizing everything Jim Jordan is involved in?

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes, the Left doesn’t get much real news apparently.

Bet that's learned in libby school! CNN good, Fox bad!

Nah. One just has to listen to Hannity, Ingrahm, and Carlson. Have you noticed that Fox no longer has any news show in the evening. All talking heads - all opinions. That way they can't get sued for issuing false news stories. "Dominion election fraud? It was just _____ offering an opinion. We didn't state it as fact, we just opined".

Colt

Was the investigation, trial, and finding of guilt in Trump University "politically motivated"?
Were the lawsuits about failed Trump developments "politically motivated"?
Is the lawsuit brought by E Jean Carroll "politically motivated"?

If "politically motivated" investigations concern you, why don't you complain about Benghazi?
If "politically motivated" investigations concern you, why aren't you criticizing everything Jim Jordan is involved in?
I'm referring to Trumps political life.
Obama apologized for his recklessness in Libya. Sending in an ambassador with a couple of body guards to live in a ranch house was more a State Department fiasco! Who was running the State Department using an off grid email server?

Colt

Nah. One just has to listen to Hannity, Ingrahm, and Carlson. Have you noticed that Fox no longer has any news show in the evening. All talking heads - all opinions. That way they can't get sued for issuing false news stories. "Dominion election fraud? It was just _____ offering an opinion. We didn't state it as fact, we just opined".
A rare retraction. Compare the number of suits and retractions by FOX with the rest of the (D) dominated media.

tytlyf

Not Religious
A rare retraction. Compare the number of suits and retractions by FOX with the rest of the (D) dominated media.
There is no D dominated media. Can't you think without Fox and the rest of the RW outlets doing the work for you?
Most media is moderate/centrist. Most of America is moderate/centrist. Not my fault Republicans have tricked you into thinking moderate = "left wing".

Decades of RW talking points repeating the same false narrative. All to discredit media that goes against the corporate republican agenda.

Colt

There is no D dominated media. Can't you think without Fox and the rest of the RW outlets doing the work for you?
Most media is moderate/centrist. Most of America is moderate/centrist. Not my fault Republicans have tricked you into thinking moderate = "left wing".

Decades of RW talking points repeating the same false narrative. All to discredit media that goes against the corporate republican agenda.
Yes, I research. Just 7% of journalist identify as (R)'s the vast majority of political contributions from journalists go to Democrats. As high as 97%. Journalists are basically "political activists" spinning the news to favor their ideological slant. Most journalists are like you.

Colt

Apparently, there supposedly are no independent journalists in the U.S.?

News to me.
Independent doesn't mean you don't lean in one direction. Its kind of a cop-out so that one doesn't have to defend what they really believe.