• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI Finds New Documents That Were Not There

Nous

Premium Member
I provided two articles where even the titles were false statements.
You haven't quoted any actual article titles of JW. Right?

Let's say that JW had 2 article titles that were false statements. That's 2 false statements out of how many that are true statements?

tytlyf

Not Religious
You tell us. You're the one claiming that JW is "not credible".
I've already shown you stories that they fabricated. Probably didn't apologize or correct them either. That's not what a journalism outlet does.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What was your purpose in posting this gibberish:
?

If you are able to use logic in order to deduce that JW "is not credible," then why don't you do so (rather that posting gibberish)?
First of all, I never said or suggested that "all JW stores are not credible". That is nothing more than a straw man. You wrote that. I merely copied and pasted what you wrote.

Here is my logic:
P1: JW incorrectly claimed ISIS had a camp in Mexico near El Paso.
P2: JW incorrectly claimed the Department of Justice organizing protests against George Zimmerman.
C: JW has a history of making incorrect claims without publishing retractions. Therefore, JW's claims should not be believed unless confirmed by outside sources and evidence.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You haven't quoted any actual article titles of JW. Right?

Let's say that JW had 2 article titles that were false statements. That's 2 false statements out of how many that are true statements?
I am in no way claiming that all claims from JW are false. I am saying that JW has a history of publishing false and misleading stories. Therefore, JW claims should not be believed unless confirmed by outside sources. If no outside sources are available, error on the side of caution and ignore their claims until they can be confirmed.

Where are you getting the idea that only 2 JW stories were false? Are you just incorrectly assuming that the 2 examples given were exhaustive?

Nous

Premium Member
First of all, I never said or suggested that "all JW stores are not credible". That is nothing more than a straw man. You wrote that.
Quote where I wrote "all JW are not credible". How dishonest can you get?

Here is my logic:
P1: JW incorrectly claimed ISIS had a camp in Mexico near El Paso.
P2: JW incorrectly claimed the Department of Justice organizing protests against George Zimmerman.
C: JW has a history of making incorrect claims without publishing retractions. Therefore, JW's claims should not be believed unless confirmed by outside sources and evidence.
It's just amazing that you persist in demonstrating that your ignorance of logic is so complete that you don't know how to formulate a simple syllogism.

Identify your middle, subject and predicate terms.

Or just show us which type of syllogism yours is on this table: Syllogism - Wikipedia

Nous

Premium Member
I am in no way claiming that all claims from JW are false.
Why don't you answer the questions I actually asked, rather than trying to knock down straw men?

I am saying that JW has a history of publishing false and misleading stories.
Then prove it. You haven't yet shown any statement JW has published is false. Right?

Where are you getting the idea that only 2 JW stories were false? Are you just incorrectly assuming that the 2 examples given were exhaustive?
I was assuming arguendo what you said here:
I provided two articles where even the titles were false statements.

tytlyf

Not Religious
JW isn't credible because they're republican insiders. And the fact they make up stories. Don't let the name fool you. It's not a law firm.

Most GOP elitist media repeat the same things. Which is why people who rely on those outlets for information repeat the same things. Someone teaches them. Can you spot the propaganda?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Quote where I wrote "all JW are not credible". How dishonest can you get?
Below is where you wrote "Therefore, JW is not credible" in the logical proof you wanted me to fill out. That is what I was referring to.

Then fill in the blanks:

P1: [. . .]
P2: [. . .]
C: Therefore, JW is not credible.

It's just amazing that you persist in demonstrating that your ignorance of logic is so complete that you don't know how to formulate a simple syllogism.

Identify your middle, subject and predicate terms.

Or just show us which type of syllogism yours is on this table: Syllogism - Wikipedia
Why are you so hung up on formal logic? My point is that, because JW has published stories that were dishonest / not factual, their claims should not be accepted without verification. Do you disagree?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Why don't you answer the questions I actually asked, rather than trying to knock down straw men?
I already did.
Then prove it. You haven't yet shown any statement JW has published is false. Right?
I certainly have. I provided two articles where even the titles were not supported by any evidence. If you say it is a fact that something happened and there isn't any actual evidence that proves it is a fact, your claim is false.