• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

exchemist

Veteran Member
As much Trump may be hated, I am surprised that some of you have such lack of discernment about this. Trump isn’t the only one the FBI and DOJ are going after. There are other Republican candidates who are showing well in polls that are being targeted. Criminalizing the political opposition does not bode well for the republic and the democratic process. It’s more like what Putin or a totalitarian regime would do. I don’t think Trump was fit to be President and many accused him of being fascist and authoritarian, but I am afraid this is what we are seeing take place from the other side.
This is just the rule of law in action. We've already had plenty of testimony, from fellow-Republicans, of Trump's attempts at overturning a lawful election. Now we have evidence of his failure to observe the law as president, by taking documents away instead of handing them over to the safekeeping of the state. This is wholly unprecedented criminal behaviour by a US president. If he is not brought to account for it, it will become a new precedent, making presidents unaccountable to the people. That will be the end of US democracy.

He has to be brought to trial, for the good of the Republic.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
From CNN ...

The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the former President confirmed to CNN.

Trump declined to say why the FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago, but the former President said the raid was unannounced and “they even broke into my safe.”

“My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” he said in a statement.​

Warms the heart (even if glee is premature).
Oo-er.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As much Trump may be hated, I am surprised that some of you have such lack of discernment about this. Trump isn’t the only one the FBI and DOJ are going after. There are other Republican candidates who are showing well in polls that are being targeted. Criminalizing the political opposition does not bode well for the republic and the democratic process. It’s more like what Putin or a totalitarian regime would do. I don’t think Trump was fit to be President and many accused him of being fascist and authoritarian, but I am afraid this is what we are seeing take place from the other side.
You noticed the weaponization of the FBI as well against political opponents of the left wing. How many times has raids been used on Republicans thus far?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You noticed the weaponization of the FBI as well against political opponents of the left wing. How many times has raids been used on Republicans thus far?

This alone via tweet from.....

Natalie Allison
@natalie_allison

·
Follow
FBI this morning also searched the homes of former House Speaker Glen Casada, Rep. Robin Smith, freshman Rep. Todd Warner and two current and and former legislative staffers.

exchemist

Veteran Member
What a shame there's not that option for Mr Let The Bodies Pile High.
Well Bozo is not remotely in the same league of criminality.

But he may yet get chucked out of Parliament if he's found to have lied to the Commons, by this MPs' committee.

But this stuff in the US is very frightening. There are signs the Republican party machine is going for the "victimhood" narrative, which in effect means the party has given up on the rule of law, as well as on democracy.

There is likely to be a lot more violence, from people with baseball caps, beards and GUNS, if Trump is prosecuted: quite a stiff test for the forces of law and order. But I think they have just got to confront it.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

But he may yet get chucked out of Parliament if he's found to have lied to the Commons, by this MPs' committee.

But this stuff in the US is very frightening. There are signs the Republican party machine is going for the "victimhood" narrative, which in effect means the party has given up on the rule of law, as well as on democracy.

There is likely to be a lot more violence, from people with baseball caps, beards and GUNS, if Trump is prosecuted: quite a stiff test for the forces of law and order. But I think they have just got to confront it.
Could I just say I've got a beard and a baseball hat (but only to protect my eyes, not any sartorial reason :D )

Colt

From CNN ...

The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the former President confirmed to CNN.

Trump declined to say why the FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago, but the former President said the raid was unannounced and “they even broke into my safe.”

“My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” he said in a statement.​

Warms the heart (even if glee is premature).

Maybe Trump is concerned that some of those documents might vanish from the National Archive?

Colt

The Left has been using intimidation and violence to advance their agenda for years in America. What's scary is that the Right has finally had enough and is willing to do the same. And don't forget, the left attempted to unseat an elected president with a fake Russian collusion conspiracy based on a spurious dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign. They've done everything they could to get Trump out of the way, this is just more of the same by a corrupt FBI.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The Left has been using intimidation and violence to advance their agenda for years in America. What's scary is that the Right has finally had enough and is willing to do the same. And don't forget, the left attempted to unseat an elected president with a fake Russian collusion conspiracy based on a spurious dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign. They've done everything they could to get Trump out of the way, this is just more of the same by a corrupt FBI.
The testimony that Trump tried to overturn the election has come from his own Republican team.

Colt

The testimony that Trump tried to overturn the election has come from his own Republican team.
I'm aware of that. I don't think Trump trusted the election process. He had reason not to trust it. My own opinion is that, while (D)'s always cheat, I don't think they cheated enough to get Biden elected. They own the Biden presidency fair and square!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The Left has been using intimidation and violence to advance their agenda for years in America.
Your neighbor democrats aren't intimidating you or using violence. There are leftists. There are Democrats. There are groups. These argue amongst themselves just like rightists. So if somebody does something scary then its just them, not everybody -- not half of the country. The FBI has a questionable past (started by Hoover), but it also has to stay middle of the road since presidents and parties alternate. Its a good thing that the FBI doesn't give allegiance to any president just like its good that our military's allegiance is to the country and to the constitution, not to a person. Hence P. Trump was unable to overturn the election.

What's scary is that the Right has finally had enough and is willing to do the same. And don't forget, the left attempted to unseat an elected president with a fake Russian collusion conspiracy based on a spurious dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign. They've done everything they could to get Trump out of the way, this is just more of the same by a corrupt FBI.
Many rightists would indeed use violence and intimidation, but I don't think 'The right' exists, either. The Russian collusion claims do not equal the attempts to overturn the election. This president refused to step down, and it is an embarrassment to all of the republicans connected with him. They picked a crazy man who was willing to flush all of our republic's institutions and didn't value having multiple parties. Now some (not all) want to deny that he was crazy and that he was trying to toss the government into a bag and walk.

But hey republican voters have a lot of good points. I'm not saying they don't or that the democrats have got some shiny shoes. It makes sense though to have the FBI investigate, and many republicans have denounced P Trump. Now if the FBI find something or as you have suggested they manufacture something, well it is Trump's own fault for refusing to follow the election procedure. If he was a shiny penny then the FBI would not be able to do this.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm aware of that. I don't think Trump trusted the election process. He had reason not to trust it. My own opinion is that, while (D)'s always cheat, I don't think they cheated enough to get Biden elected. They own the Biden presidency fair and square!
He had no reason whatever.

70 unsuccessful court cases, many heard by judges of Republican persuasion, are proof of that.

Colt

Your neighbor democrats aren't intimidating you or using violence. There are leftists. There are Democrats. There are groups. These argue amongst themselves just like rightists. So if somebody does something scary then its just them, not everybody -- not half of the country. The FBI has a questionable past (started by Hoover), but it also has to stay middle of the road since presidents and parties alternate. Its a good thing that the FBI doesn't give allegiance to any president just like its good that our military's allegiance is to the country and to the constitution, not to a person. Hence P. Trump was unable to overturn the election.

Many rightists would indeed use violence and intimidation, but I don't think 'The right' exists, either. The Russian collusion claims do not equal the attempts to overturn the election. This president refused to step down, and it is an embarrassment to all of the republicans connected with him. They picked a crazy man who was willing to flush all of our republic's institutions and didn't value having multiple parties. Now some (not all) want to deny that he was crazy and that he was trying to toss the government into a bag and walk.

But hey republican voters have a lot of good points. I'm not saying they don't or that the democrats have got some shiny shoes. It makes sense though to have the FBI investigate, and many republicans have denounced P Trump. Now if the FBI find something or as you have suggested they manufacture something, well it is Trump's own fault for refusing to follow the election procedure. If he was a shiny penny then the FBI would not be able to do this.
There is no question that Trump is a caustic person who should never be in the WH again! But some of those wild claims that the Leftist media dismissed early on turned out to be true. There was an FBI lawyer convicted of altering documents between the CIA and FBI! FISA court abuse is now widely documented! There was bugging of Trump towers in an attempt to damage Trump. (R)'s get about 4% of the vote in Washington DC and (D)'s dominate the bedroom communities around Washington. The Fed-gov IS a (D) dominated institution.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The obvious point is that Trump is being victimized. His people will lap it up.

Raiding or investigating a supposed criminal is not victimisation.
If it were, you could not investigate anyone.
Multiple crimes require multiple investigations.
That is not victimisation either.

In this case, as always, a judge signed off on the raid, as is required for a raid on anyone.
for a judge to do that there must be real evidence and clear justification for the raid.
If a judge considered the request to be victimisation, he would not have signed off on it.

Trump is not the victim he is the perpetrator in this case.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

There may be a bit of a conflict, though, since the forces of law and order have also been under heavy attack from the left, while the right generally gives them praise and support.