• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite childhood games.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I was never a terribly big gamer, 'cause my mom always stole the Nintendo from us.

But I remember enjoying Mario and all the games connected, and for some reason Tiny Toon Adventures.

I got sucked into World of Warcraft for a good number of years, but that was more for the community than the game. I was stuck in a relationship with a man that 'discouraged' me from leaving the house(unless it was to go to work so I could give him more money), and WoW became my new life, until I managed to get out of there.

I spent more time setting my character in the 'inn', getting her 'drunk', and 'farting' on the other players as they'd run by. I think I only played actively when she was out of booze money...

Eyes to See

No, what's stupid is using a thread about video games to take a shot at evolution.
What's also stupid is presuming that, just because you don't understand something, then that must mean every single scientist in the world all have it wrong or are lying just for ****s and giggles.

Common Creationist Attacks on Geology | National Center for Science Education

What? I was just mentioning digging up fossils in reply to a comment about Roman ruins.

Now let me use a little common sense. Christine mentioned they found Roman ruins where her dad had a farm. Now do you really think those Roman ruins drifted over hundreds of millions of years to where they were on continental drift? Because I can tell you they couldn't have been much deeper into the top soil than the fossils in the dirt made of dirt we were looking at.

Now this is your reply to me when I said I had evolutionists on the internet tell me that this top soil that was only a few feet down was from continental drift from hundreds of millions of years, and I laughed at the idea it was so insanely stupid:

"If you reject science then unless you're using a crystal ball to access the internet, you should toss whatever device you're using into the trash, considering such technology wouldn't exist if not for science."

I never rejected science anywhere ever. You made that false slanderous statement and then told me to get off the internet. You can see how you are the one denying reality, lying, and living in your own little world of untruth. What you did was bullying, uncouth, childish, toxic, and outright stupid. I usually just ignore comments like it, but it came across as so egregiously stupid that I made mention of it.

You need to open your eyes to see your true nature. Because I really believe this is what it is. And the world is in a much worse condition because people that live in unreality and are bullies like you that lie and make up things about other people exist and spread your vitriol.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It was a couple dozen feet of dirt down the ravine. And the fossils were in the dirt. I've been to the Grand Canyon and I can tell you the same Colorado River has been carving through the stone for hundreds of milllions of years.

But somehow the fossils buried under a few feet of dirt, that were made of dirt traveled hundreds of millions of years ago on continental drift, and if I disagree with someone on the internet that said that I am denying science.

You do realize how extremely stupid that sounds right? I mean the Colorado River starts in Colorado and has been running through the Grand Canyon for hundreds of millions of years. Tell me...you really think a few feet of undisturbed topsoil got to Colorado by means of continental drift over hundreds of millions of years with the dirt fossils not being disturbed? Come on who is really denying science and being stupid here?

You also realize if it was really that old they would be stone and not dirt?

View attachment 45663
(Just a pic from recent trip to Grand Canyon)
Instead of spamming this thread, start a new one here: Evolution Vs. Creationism

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Christine mentioned they found Roman ruins where her dad had a farm. Now do you really think those Roman ruins drifted over hundreds of millions of years to where they were on continental drift?

Less than 2000 years.

Remember, you were the one who said you found fossil ferns. A fossil is defined as taking over 10,000 years to form.

So if they were fossils they were over 10,000 years old. But you may have been mistaken.

What has continental drifter got to do with it?