• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite awful food?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OIP.9f3ZZ8mjhIVA29SpXs91GwHaHa

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I try to eat healthier these days, but one of my favorites was sloppy joes. It's loose ground beef in a tangy tomato based sauce, seasoned with onion and garlic, served on a bun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I used to date somebody who argued that the best steak is one that a good vet could bring back to life.
Steak is best when ground up, & cooked clear thru.
Then put slices of raw onion & tomato on it, all
between a whole wheat bun.

Erebus

Steak is best when ground up, & cooked clear thru.
Then put slices of raw onion & tomato on it, all
between a whole wheat bun.

Funnily enough, despite having done things to beef that make some people genuinely angry, I've never really liked burgers. I think half of it comes from generally preferring chewiness and crunchiness in food and the other half comes from childhood trauma. A friend of my family loved putting on barbecues and he always bought the cheapest burgers you can possibly get. You know, the ones that are 75% gristle and 25% hoof.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what is your favourite awful food?

I assumed that you meant awful tasting, but see that many answered in terms of unhealthfulness. I can't contribute anything of interest from my own table, but I can share this hilarious site about a guy testing food that sound too horrible to eat, Steve, Don't Eat It. I howled reading this site. Here's one of my favorite entries:

"Cuitlacoche is a black fungus that infects corn fields, making the kernels bulbous and swollen as they fill with spores. It also goes by the name Huitlacoche. If you're having trouble with the pronounciation, it's: Cuitlacoche (kweet-lah-KOH-chay) or Huitlacoche. It's safe to say this is the first time I've ever paid for an infection."

Here's what it looks like:

upload_2022-11-20_10-20-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-11-20_10-23-41.png
    upload_2022-11-20_10-23-41.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 1

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Oooh I got one. Biscuits and gravy. And i mean biscuits to mean the bread roll kind not the cookie kind. I know there's linguistical differences. Biscuits and gravy is a meal common in the South as a breakfast and we typically make a white gravy with sausage to put on the biscuits.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Funnily enough, despite having done things to beef that make some people genuinely angry, I've never really liked burgers. I think half of it comes from generally preferring chewiness and crunchiness in food and the other half comes from childhood trauma. A friend of my family loved putting on barbecues and he always bought the cheapest burgers you can possibly get. You know, the ones that are 75% gristle and 25% hoof.
And not even the best quality hoof.
But those cheaper grades are enhanced
by adding beaks & claws.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This may apply to my American cohorts a bit more (sorry, but you have more variety than the rest of us lol)
But what is your favourite awful food?
Be it fast food, frozen microwave/air fryer meal or just a recipe that is unhealthy but tasty as heck?
Bonus question for Americans
What’s your favourite hot pocket flavour? We don’t have that in Aus, closest is probably “pizza pockets” which are relatively similar but perhaps not as unhealthy due to our higher legal qualifications
(Not even kidding. Most American food is illegal to sell here for that reason. Even our McDonald’s have to adjust their recipes to meet legal requirements.)
I quite enjoy a nice frozen pizza slice from time to time. Just as an easy meal

I also like a shop called “Beefys” which is a pie shop down the road from me. You can get a pie of whatever flavour you wish and some toppings like mash, peas, gravy, chips and even melted cheese sauce on top (American or cheddar)

So what’s yours?

Ramen, but not the American crap, which I typically can't eat(non-veg). The Asian grocer has rows of it. I've literally loaded totes with it...

Cream slice. I very, very occasionally buy these to have with afternoon tea, if I'm feeling particularly slim and peckish:

328011011_1_640x640.jpg

Basically puff pastry with cream and jam filling, and icing on top: the heart surgeon's horror.:eek:

You show me this right after I wake up, and don't have a piece for me ready?

Cruel....

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I also like a shop called “Beefys” which is a pie shop down the road from me. You can get a pie of whatever flavour you wish and some toppings like mash, peas, gravy, chips and even melted cheese sauce on top (American or cheddar)

I spent two years in Oz in the early sixties, and really enjoyed the meat pies. Do you still have pasties (pronounced "parsties")?

There was a story going around about a place in Sydney where a certain delicacy was served, called a "floater". It was a bowl of tomato soup with a meat pie floating in it! I didn't live in Sydney so wasn't able to check it for myself.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Chocolate peanuts, but not double dipped (too much chocolate).

Diam bars. Hard to get in the USA.

I'm not sure if chocolate qualifies as "bad for you".

Ploughman's lunch. (Just discovered I can get Branston Pickle over here.)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I spent two years in Oz in the early sixties, and really enjoyed the meat pies. Do you still have pasties (pronounced "parsties")?

There was a story going around about a place in Sydney where a certain delicacy was served, called a "floater". It was a bowl of tomato soup with a meat pie floating in it! I didn't live in Sydney so wasn't able to check it for myself.
Oh yeah we still have Pasties lol
To me they’re just “white people Samosas” lol

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Nutty Bars from little debbie

These are wafers with sweet peanut butter in between and all dipped in a chocolate like coating. I get acne after eating them, but I like to separate them and eat the layers one at a time. I haven't had one in months, but I used to eat them.

The crew room where my husband worked when we lived in IL had boxes upon boxes of these in their fridge. Dang yummy things...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This may apply to my American cohorts a bit more (sorry, but you have more variety than the rest of us lol)
But what is your favourite awful food?
Be it fast food, frozen microwave/air fryer meal or just a recipe that is unhealthy but tasty as heck?
Bonus question for Americans
What’s your favourite hot pocket flavour? We don’t have that in Aus, closest is probably “pizza pockets” which are relatively similar but perhaps not as unhealthy due to our higher legal qualifications
(Not even kidding. Most American food is illegal to sell here for that reason. Even our McDonald’s have to adjust their recipes to meet legal requirements.)
I quite enjoy a nice frozen pizza slice from time to time. Just as an easy meal

So what’s yours?

Creme horns. Hands down.