• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite Atheist arguments

tarasan

[sarcasm]
Nope, as i said, it looks like a hoses in movies, only because the real beasty is in such short supply. Thus creating the common fallacy that they are horse like creatures
[/sarcasm]

What you think has little to do with evidence

It just seems your referencing something else and calling it a unicorn I mean if the common train of thought is a horse with a horn is a unicorn and your saying no it isn't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have and I have also read the context of alot of those incidents. And looked at solid exegesis on alot of those . I'm afraid I misplaced those god glasses quite some time ago :).
Really what is "alot"? It is a term that I do not understand. Second "solid exegesis" is an oxymoron.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

tarasan

Really what is "alot"? It is a term that I do not understand. Second "solid exegesis" is an oxymoron.
More than many less than all

I mean if that's your view that fair enough mate but in my time crapping with these issues I can honestly say I feel more confident about talk these things through with people than when I was a wee teen being intimidated by Dawkins retoric are u old enough to be from that time? I'm quite old at this point :(

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Go back and think about what I've said or provide a more indepth discription of your confusion mate
I am not the confused one here. And no, you would need to earn a more in depth answer at this time. It appears that you are almost trolling so you are getting responses that are almost trolling. Own up to some of your errors and then I will go into depth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More than many less than all

I mean if that's your view that fair enough mate but in my time crapping with these issues I can honestly say I feel more confident about talk these things through with people than when I was a wee teen being intimidated by Dawkins retoric are u old enough to be from that time? I'm quite old at this point :(
I would suggest that you get a dictionary. And what supposed "retoric" <shudder? did Dawkins have? You can feel confident, but that confidence is not based on reality.

tarasan

Well all these match your description
Unicorn Species - Unicorn Land

None of these do
Meet ten animals that look like real-life unicorns

And the thing is, the real big thing is that unicorns are mythical so no matter how the movies portray them does not really matter

Ok as a hyper nerd I take a great deal of offence to that. Just like a take offence to zombie Jesus. People clearly haven't played enough dnd if they do not know the difference between resurrection , reanimation and reincarnation. Conclusion: people need to play more dnd

tarasan

I am not the confused one here. And no, you would need to earn a more in depth answer at this time. It appears that you are almost trolling so you are getting responses that are almost trolling. Own up to some of your errors and then I will go into depth.

I'm not trolling mate and if you are getting frustrated by something it up to you to talk about it. But I cannot respond to one sentence answers so I give one sentence answers. I have now asked u to clarify yourself so that the conversation can progress and your refusing? That ok but please do not accuse me of trolling especially whenever u don't even give an example

tarasan

I would suggest that you get a dictionary. And what supposed "retoric" <shudder? did Dawkins have? You can feel confident, but that confidence is not based on reality.
Wow u are angry angry and yes my spelling is atrousious so I will give u that . I suppose with all the information I have on me with this small exchange on an internet form you would have all the information to make that assumption. Do you not know what Dawkins said? I'm not trying to be mean I'm just asking

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm not trolling mate and if you are getting frustrated by something it up to you to talk about it. But I cannot respond to one sentence answers so I give one sentence answers. I have now asked u to clarify yourself so that the conversation can progress and your refusing? That ok but please do not accuse me of trolling especially whenever u don't even give an example
Then a bit more respect and an acknowledgement of your errors are in order. Otherwise, as the old saw goes, your reap what you sow.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow u are angry angry and yes my spelling is atrousious so I will give u that . I suppose with all the information I have on me with this small exchange on an internet form you would have all the information to make that assumption. Do you not know what Dawkins said? I'm not trying to be mean I'm just asking
No, just laughing at undeserved arrogance. I know some of what Dawkins said. I would be interested in knowing what you took offense at, though I can guess. Make sure that you do not quote him out of context.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So I was curious what do atheists think is there most convincing argument against God?

I don't require an argument "against" god.

All I require is pointing out that the argument "for" god are infested with logical fallacies and the "evidence" presented for god claims is even worse (or non-existing).

My atheism isn't defined by the claim that there is no god.
My atheism is simply pointing out that there are no good reasons to believe in gods.

tarasan

No one asked about that. It appears that my question answered your question but the answer went right over your head.
It didn't look things have certain attributes that make up a thing. It's how we can know that a blank of wood is a plank of wood or a door is a door etc. It's why people would look at you funny if u started calling a hedgehog a cat or a bunny the empire states building.

And it's not that things done have attributes that overlap for example two humans have alot that do but we have enough different that on some level people recognise that we are distinct from one another.

So with the idea of unicorns god u and me. Having certain qualities stripped a way, the conversation is no longer about us.

For example say if u said hey tarasan has two wings, scales and can breath fire. Most people would say that isn't tarasan, that's a dragon.

This is the issue with the unicorn bit of you take away the attributes that make a unicorn a unicorn then it becomes something else