• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Religious Music/Artists

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I am looking for an eclectic mix of Spiritual Music, and was hoping my fellow Spiritual RF members would be willing to point me to some of their favorites from their Traditions.

My thinking is along the lines of Traditional Cultural and Folk music, using instruments from the ancient and near past, such as the Hurdy-gurdy for instance.

My Christian friends don't forget Gregorian Chants ;).

Some of my favorites are:
Wardruna
Faun
Adrian von Ziegler
Skald
Danheim
Heilung

To name a few.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Mr. Revillz but that's a subjective view on my part. I have a USB drive with with a select list of Spiritual music that I find relaxing while I am on the road.

Bear Wild

I am looking for an eclectic mix of Spiritual Music, and was hoping my fellow Spiritual RF members would be willing to point me to some of their favorites from their Traditions.

My thinking is along the lines of Traditional Cultural and Folk music, using instruments from the ancient and near past, such as the Hurdy-gurdy for instance.

Wardruna
Faun
Adrian von Ziegler
Skald
Danheim
Heilung

To name a few.

Suo Gan when sung in welsh still feels spiritual and yet it is just a lullaby. I chose it for my our wedding procession with a ceremony asking for natures blessing.

PearlSeeker

Eastern Orthodox vocal music is also great with powerful bass.

Rachmaninov - Bogoroditse (best version is from a metal album):

Some basso profondo:

Khorolskiy:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The first time I ever went into a Hindu temple, this is the song I heard... It left a deep impression on me.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Wardruna
Faun
Adrian von Ziegler
Skald
Danheim
Heilung

To name a few.
Sounds all a bit like medieval music scene. Which was of course founded by Ougenweide back in the '70s. An other old group is Poeta Magica, very high class music but seriously underrated. My personal favourite is Jonny Robels, though he is mostly known for his always funny filks. But as an Asatru he has some texts related to nordish mythology.

Ougenweide, Merseburger Zaubersprüche:

Poeta Magica, Yggdrasil:

Jonny Robels, Walhalla, Mythologie, Odin:
(skip to 1:55 for Mythology)

Gargovic Malkav

Wardruna
Faun
Adrian von Ziegler
Skald
Danheim
Heilung

To name a few.

Though I don't listen to music for spiritual/religious purposes per se, this may be something you might like.
I always liked the Native American styled soundtracks from Sid Meier's Civ IV: Colonization.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sounds all a bit like medieval music scene. Which was of course founded by Ougenweide back in the '70s. An other old group is Poeta Magica, very high class music but seriously underrated. My personal favourite is Jonny Robels, though he is mostly known for his always funny filks. But as an Asatru he has some texts related to nordish mythology.

Ougenweide, Merseburger Zaubersprüche:

Poeta Magica, Yggdrasil:

Jonny Robels, Walhalla, Mythologie, Odin:
(skip to 1:55 for Mythology)

It is moderately medieval, as I am a Germanic Pagan :p. But I was hoping for something from a little bit of everyone's traditions. Christian, Islam, Jewish, Hindu, Hellenic, Luciferian, Folk etc etc etc. See I want to create an unreasonably long and diverse Spiritual music playlist. Hopefully, many hours in length.