• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite movie

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm, depends on my mood. I have a rather.....er eclectic collection of movies and I have a rather flitty attention span. So my "favorite" isn't favorite so much as it is "go to" movies, depending on what I want to watch. Some adult-ish entertainment would be Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Schindler's List, To Kill A Mockingbird, Trainspotting, Goodfellas, Godfather or Pan's Labyrinth.
For kids' movies I'd go with Lion King, Secret Of Nimh, Hugo, Who Framed Roger Rabbit or The Iron Giant.
10 Things I Hate About You, Mean Girls, Bend it Like Beckham, Clueless, Romeo + Juliette (I know the movie is a pretty clunky hodge podge, but dammit! It's pretty looking Shakespeare with Decaprio!!) and Legally Blonde if I'm in the mood for kitchy girly sort of guilty pleasure 90ish nostalgia. :D
Oh and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because..........childhood.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
You're all wrong. The correct answer is 'Paint your Wagon'.
Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood - and a musical!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Return to Oz.

Also, Lolita ('90s version with Jeremy Irons)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Return to Oz.

Also, Lolita ('90s version with Jeremy Irons)

Return to Oz!!!! That used to scare the hell out of me as a little one. (Dem wheelers, man. And that lady with all the severed heads lol!) But I adore it!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's toss up between Terminator 2 & Aliens.
giphy.gif

James Field

Hmm, depends on my mood. I have a rather.....er eclectic collection of movies and I have a rather flitty attention span. So my "favorite" isn't favorite so much as it is "go to" movies, depending on what I want to watch. Some adult-ish entertainment would be Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Schindler's List, To Kill A Mockingbird, Trainspotting, Goodfellas, Godfather or Pan's Labyrinth.
For kids' movies I'd go with Lion King, Secret Of Nimh, Hugo, Who Framed Roger Rabbit or The Iron Giant.
10 Things I Hate About You, Mean Girls, Bend it Like Beckham, Clueless, Romeo + Juliette (I know the movie is a pretty clunky hodge podge, but dammit! It's pretty looking Shakespeare with Decaprio!!) and Legally Blonde if I'm in the mood for kitchy girly sort of guilty pleasure 90ish nostalgia. :D
Oh and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because..........childhood.
That's one hell of a list not bad though lol I didn't think someone would put favorite kids movie, not bad

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some honorable mentions......
Gattaca
Fargo
The Usual Suspects
Groundhog Day
Psycho
The Hudsucker Proxy
Unbreakable
Lawrence Of Arabia
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Das Boot
The Shawshank Redemption
Conan The Barbarian
Defending Your Life
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Wizard Of Oz
A Room With A View
Darkman
The Jerk
Glengarry Glen Ross

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What's that movie about ? XD
What's "XD"?

If your question relates to the movie, which I think it probably does, it was a 3 hour epic on Gandhi's life made in the 1970's. It's an extremely well done movie, true to history, and what I learned from that movie and the numerous books that I subsequently read on Gandhi's life, changed my life in so many ways.

James Field

What's "XD"?

If your question relates to the movie, which I think it probably does, it was a 3 hour epic on Gandhi's life made in the 1970's. It's an extremely well done movie, true to history, and what I learned from that movie and the numerous books that I subsequently read on Gandhi's life, changed my life in so many ways.
Sorry I was being sarcastic, that's what the XD meant. I can certainly see, however, how Mahatma Gandhi's life and work would cause a profound change in someone's life.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So many favorites.

Likely my top one's....

Billy Jack

Circle of Iron

Little Buddha

Phantasm (the original)

gnomon

Delicatessan.
Watership Down.
Kontroll.
The Hunt starring Mads Mikkelsen.
Last of the Mohicans, at the least for the soundtrack.
Beckett.
Blade Runner.
12 Angry Men.
I Saw the Devil.
Infernal Affairs.....I still find "The Departed" to be nothing more than a second hand attempt as well as a failed attempt.
Star Trek VI.
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
Seventh Seal.
Seven Samurai.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy by Peter Jackson.

That's a list covering various genres of my favorites among multiple genres.

Out of those I think "The Hunt" followed by another Mads Mikkelsen film "Adam's Apples" were two of the most outstanding films I have watched after "Kotroll" in the last twelve years.

Except, perhaps, "I Saw the Devil". The original "Oldboy" star acting as a depraved serial killer who is continually tortured by a vengeful secret agent......let's just say that Korean crime as well as comedy cinema for the last two decades along with the films of the new Hannibal everyone knows today are among my favorites of late.