• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite movie/TV show soundtrack

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hi folks...:heartpulse:

I started this thread about soundtracks only.
Meaning tunes without lyrics which were composed for a movie or for a TV show.

Be creative:p;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is an Italian series. Its soundtracks are awesome...this is my favorite.
It is the story of a rich lady, Claudia who falls in love with a factory worker (she owns the factory) but her father forces her to marry a man of her social class. MeanWhile entrepreneurs like her husband manage to rebuild Italy devastated by WW2.

Erebus

I actually bought the SAW soundtrack a few years back as I liked it so much. The blend of orchestral and electronic music really clicks for me.

The films themselves were very hit and miss but my God the soundtrack is great!

Erebus

Hmm... I can't think of a movie or TV soundtrack. What about video game?

I actually created a Pandora station exclusively for The Elder Scrolls/Jeremy Soule music.

I love the Skyrim soundtrack.

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend having a listen to the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack. It doesn't quite match up to Skyrim but it's still Jeremy Soule.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The Lord of the Rings soundtrack is more than music; it is an inseparable part of the atmosphere, emotion, and spirit of the trilogy. No other movie soundtrack even comes close to it in those areas, in my opinion, except perhaps for John Carpenter's equally iconic Halloween theme.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay this is purely nostalgic and totally guilty pleasure territory. But as a little kid I watched this really insane American soap called “Passions.” And I kind of dig the theme song. When I’m drunkenly nostalgic, but whatever
It has a witch plotting to take control of this little odd town and her doll “Timmy” would randomly come to life, as her conscious I guess.
Lol and I thought our soap operas were weird

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Can't remember if this was in the film or just on the Wendy Carlos album (which I have) but all the music was just brilliant - as was the film, which I did see before it got withdrawn or banned. :D

PS Of course I do have a version as Beethoven intended. :oops:

That isn't the original apparently (from the comments), but this should be: :oops:

I suppose Wendy Carlos' arrangements and orchestration counts as 'composed for films'. :oops:

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

The movie Hero, with Jet Li is great, and the entire album of music for it is worthy of purchase.
Here are “At the Emperor’s Palace”

and “The Chess Court”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Lord of the Rings soundtrack is more than music; it is an inseparable part of the atmosphere, emotion, and spirit of the trilogy. No other movie soundtrack even comes close to it in those areas, in my opinion...
So many movies have inseparable scores.

A couple examples....

Would Psycho even be a horror movie without
Bernard Herrmann's music? Hitchcock intended the
shower scene to be unscored. Herrmann convinced
him otherwise with the segment at 4:30.

Would Pee Wee's Big Adventure have worked without
Danny Elfman's score?

By the 1980s, Batman was a campy TV character.
Tim Burton wanted a darker version. But as I recall,
it was a tough sell to management. This opening
theme music sold the movie.

This piano version is even better (IMO)...
t

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Do You Hear the Dogs Barking? (Spanish: ¿No oyes ladrar los perros? French: Entends-tu les chiens aboyer?). Score by Vangelis.
Do_You_Hear_the_Dogs_Barking_.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who can imagine The Godfather without the Nino Rota score?

Or the Dollars Trilogy without Morricone's scores?
Bob: You're a musician?
Sam: Yes.
Bob: What instrument do you play?
Sam: Winchester.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My wife and our first date was when I took her to see "Dr. Zhivago" at a beautiful theater in Detroit, and this is the main tune, called "Lara's Theme".

BTW, I tricked her during intermission into going into the men's room lounge. :D I think this sorta set the theme for entire marriage of 54 years thus far.