• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie Openings

Nimos

Tragicomedy ain't not for everyone.
I don't know why I didn't like it. I have seen a lot of series and very different ones, so im not especially peckies with genres and so forth.

I watched most of season 1, but normally when you watch tv series you have to give them a few episodes before you learn the character and can really decide whether you want to watch more or not, and then there are shows like The walking dead which hook you straight away, at least for me and in both cases you end up with this feeling of wanting to know, what will happen next.

And for some reason Breaking Bad just didn't do it, I never got interested in what would happen next or the characters themselves. Guess its just not a tv series for me. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know why I didn't like it. I have seen a lot of series and very different ones, so im not especially peckies with genres and so forth.

I watched most of season 1, but normally when you watch tv series you have to give them a few episodes before you learn the character and can really decide whether you want to watch more or not, and then there are shows like The walking dead which hook you straight away, at least for me and in both cases you end up with this feeling of wanting to know, what will happen next.

And for some reason Breaking Bad just didn't do it, I never got interested in what would happen next or the characters themselves. Guess its just not a tv series for me. :)
That's OK.
I won't punish you for it.
I remember that each season of The Wire took
a few episodes to get into the swing of things.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Can't post a vid, but I love the opening of The Lion In Winter, where King Henry II is gathering his sons Richard, Geoffrey and John (yes, the bad King John) and his wife Eleanor of Aquitaine (who he keeps locked up) for a Christmas court at his French castle of Chinon. Music by John Barry is wonderful, especially the title music.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The opening scene of "Contact" made an impression. Also my favourite actress is in it. ;)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Easily

(I don’t care about it up until about 1 minute in when the music starts)

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The music, buildup, and atmosphere give me goosebumps every time.

(Also, seeing "Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie" in the credits makes me smile.)

Warning: Potentially disturbing content.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
If I had to pick a movie intro I don’t only like ironically…

I was a fan of how Fellowship of the Ring came in with Cate Blanchett’s narration. I was captivated by the whole exposition sequence as a kid.