• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Miracles

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This morning I was reading about the Ganesh Milk Miracle back in the 90s. Its a story I've read dozens of times, but I never get tired of hearing about.

What Was the Ganesha Milk Miracle?

All those Ganeshas all over the world drinking their milk... and all the dreams requesting it the night before! Its amazing to me. I wish I had been a part of Hinduism back then(I would have been an elementary school student), maybe I could have offered him some myself...

At my old house, my husband and I sacrificed our bedroom so we could have what we called a 'spirit room'. It had all kinds of religious objects and shrines in it, all safely behind a locked door so kids and cats couldn't access it. One day, when the kids were at school and my husband was at work, I went in my make an offering to Lord Ares at my Ares shrine. Wine is traditional when offering to Greek deities, but I didn't have any wine. I did have gin. So, I grabbed a glass and poured some in and left it for him, wondering if it would be okay. I left the room and closed the door behind myself.

About half an hour, I went back in for something, and the damned glass was empty! Nothing was spilled(the cup was upright, and there was no moisture). No one was home besides myself, and no one entered(the house was tiny, so you'd have known if someone came in). It completely flabbergasted me... I took it that the offering was accepted!

What is your favorite miracle?

(While I appreciate skepticism, this isn't the thread for it. Please do not make posts attempting to negate or disparage people's stories.)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn’t call it a miracle per se. But I remember as a child when my mother was teaching me our rituals. We were praying and during a song I could have sworn the picture of Ganesh trumpeted in thanks.
I’m a bit of skeptic myself, so there’s a part of me that does rationalise it as a trick of the mind. But since it happened a couple of times for me, I can really let it go.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My favorites are "ordinary" miracles

It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another ordinary miracle today

The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow

Life is like a gift they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up and find a way
To give some of your own

Isn't it remarkable?
Like every time a rain drop falls

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This morning I was reading about the Ganesh Milk Miracle back in the 90s. Its a story I've read dozens of times, but I never get tired of hearing about.

All those Ganeshas all over the world drinking their milk... and all the dreams requesting it the night before! Its amazing to me. I wish I had been a part of Hinduism back then(I would have been an elementary school student), maybe I could have offered him some myself...

At my old house, my husband and I sacrificed our bedroom so we could have what we called a 'spirit room'. It had all kinds of religious objects and shrines in it, all safely behind a locked door so kids and cats couldn't access it. One day, when the kids were at school and my husband was at work, I went in my make an offering to Lord Ares at my Ares shrine. Wine is traditional when offering to Greek deities, but I didn't have any wine. I did have gin. So, I grabbed a glass and poured some in and left it for him, wondering if it would be okay. I left the room and closed the door behind myself.

About half an hour, I went back in for something, and the damned glass was empty! Nothing was spilled(the cup was upright, and there was no moisture). No one was home besides myself, and no one entered(the house was tiny, so you'd have known if someone came in). It completely flabbergasted me... I took it that the offering was accepted!

(While I appreciate skepticism, this isn't the thread for it. Please do not make posts attempting to negate or disparage people's stories.)
I see life it self as a human as a miracle, it was only 0,1% that I was going to be a walking human and not a paralyzed human from my lower back to my feet. I am fully walking and running. To me that is a miracle

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Festivus miracles are far & away the best miracles.
This is cuz they are common & ubiquitous.
We had one today. Mr Sun shone & cleared last
nite's dusting of snow from the driveway.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I see life it self as a human as a miracle, it only 0,1% i was going to be a walking human and nit a paralyzed human from. I am fully walking and running. To me that is a miracle

My dad got Guillain-Barré syndrome a few years back... it took them a long time to catch it. He was lucky to find a doctor who caught it, and managed to stay alive. They told him he'd be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life; he couldn't tolerate that idea. At 70, he runs on average 6 miles a day.

Festivus miracles are far & away the best miracles.
This is cuz they are common & ubiquitous.
We had one today. Mr Sun shone & cleared last
nite's dusting of snow from the driveway.

We have a Festivus Miracle going on in my backyard right now. Its only 19 degrees out, but the sun is melting all the ice, despite it being below freezing! Its a Festivus Miracle!

Gargovic Malkav

I see life it self as a human as a miracle, it was only 0,1% that I was going to be a walking human and not a paralyzed human from. I am fully walking and running. To me that is a miracle

My mother had salpingitis and the doctors expected it was unlikely she would ever be able to have children.
I guess God didn't agree by getting my mom to give birth to both me and my brother.

Even though I don't come from a religious household, I remember praying to God when I was 6 or 7 when my favourite cat was gone for a long time and my parents told me he might never come back.
Soon after I prayed, the cat returned to our home but was in horrible shape, likely poisoned.
We turned the tanning bed in the attic into a makeshift hospital bed and kept him there for a couple days.
Eventually he fully recovered.
Unfortunately he died a couple years later anyway after he got hit by a car.
It was as though he was destined to die a premature death, but that my prayer bought him a couple more years.

Another miracle that comes to mind is one I've mentioned a couple times before on here.
I was sitting on the balcony and saw winged humanoid figures in the sky.
This moment was so trippy I still can't quite believe what was going on.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

:cool:

@JustGeorge
Thank you for sharing your miracle. I love it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Even though I don't come from a religious household, I remember praying to God when I was 6 or 7 when my favourite cat was gone for a long time and my parents told me he might never come back.
Soon after I prayed, the cat returned to our home but was in horrible shape, likely poisoned.
We turned the tanning bed in the attic into a makeshift hospital bed and kept him there for a couple days.
Eventually he fully recovered.
Unfortunately he died a couple years later anyway after he got hit by a car.
It was as though he was destined to die a premature death, but that my prayer bought him a couple more years.

My oldest cat got lost at the old place... He didn't return for three days. I was very worried; he was not an outdoor cat. I remember appealing to Demeter, and doing a small ritual to get her attention, as I suspected she understood about loved ones being lost. He appeared that night, crying and scared under my car, a little skinny but unharmed.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
I do have a sorta miracle come my way recently.

In the Devotion folder under Hinduism, I have a thread under the title "68th pontiff of Kanchi Mutt - saint Mahaperiyava".

I started praying to this saint and as it is customary, offer him a garland of chickpeas (108 in total) every Thursday. So far, out of the 9 weeks that I did puja to this saint, thrice the garland went missing!

We do have mice problem in the house, but I wonder if the mice can really take the entire garland off of the deity, and do so without disturbing the picture or the flower petals I have tossed at the foot of the deity.

The reason I call this a miracle is because the garlands have gone missing totally and the picture as well as the flower petals tossed at the saints foot remain completely intact, just as I had left it! That makes me wonder............