• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Inspirational Quotes

loloferrari

I was reading about inspirational quotes

"In the end, its not the years in your life that matter, its the life in your years."

Its funny, when we speak to god, its a blessing, but if god speaks to us its called schitsozephrenia

You only live once, but once is enough if you work it right.

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Hi everyone!

Here are some I like:

With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Peace as a goal is an ideal which will not be contested by any government or nation, not even the most belligerent.
- Aung San Suu Kyi

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

pwfaith

These are some of my favorites that I have on Facebook...

As a matter of honor, one man owes it to another to manifest the truth ~ Thomas Aquinas

If you're too open-minded, your brain will fall out.~unknown

"Truth is reality as God sees it" R. C. Sproul
"A decision is made with the brain. A commitment is made with the heart. Therefore, a commitment is much deeper and more binding than a decision." - Nido Qubein

"Our team is red hot, your team ain't diddly squat" (Jeff Goldblum - Cats & Dogs)

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
"Our team is red hot, your team ain't diddly squat" (Jeff Goldblum - Cats & Dogs)

Cats & Dogs is one of my favorite movies. Mr. Tinkles is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Seriously off-topic, but you can do a whole thread on Mr. Tinkles quotes:

This isn't NASCAR, you idiot!

Stand still, I need to crush you.

It is I, Mr. Mason - your employer. Not an evil cat bent on taking over the world.

Open your manual on world domination to page three...

The world will tremble in fear at the very mention of my name!

Sorry about that. I also liked your serious ones, too.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From ?????
"S*** happens" <--- A singular truth which is the foundation of Revoltifarianism.

From ?????
"History teaches us that history teaches us nothing." <---- It explains everything.

From Al Swearengen (HBO's Deadwood)
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f****** beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

From Philip J Fry (Futurama)
"Space. It seems to go on and on forever and then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."

From Wolfgang Pauli
"That's not only not right, it's not even wrong!
<---- The brilliantest insult ever!

Check my signature......

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Puff, puff! Chug, choo! Off they started![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Slowly the cars began to move. Slowly they climbed the steep hill. As they [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] climbed, each little steam engine began to sing:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]"I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] I-think-I-can! I think I can - I think I can - I think I can I think I can--"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]And they did! Very soon they were over the hill and going down the other side.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Now they were on the plain again; and the little steam engine could pull her [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] train herself. So she thanked the little engine who had come to help her, [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] and said good-by.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]And she went merrily on her way, singing:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]"I-thought-I-could! I-thought-I-could! I-thought-I-could! I-thought-[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] I-could! I thought i could - I thought I could - I thought I could - I [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman] thought I could - I thought I could - I thought I could I thought I could --"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]THE END[/FONT]

Tellurian

"It is good that there is a god, because if there wasn't, then we would need to invent one." Voltaire

"No generality is worth a damn, including this one." unknown

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"The only reason we don't open our hearts and minds to other people is that they trigger confusion in us that we don't feel brave enough or sane enough to deal with. To the degree that we look clearly and compassionately at ourselves, we feel confident and fearless about looking into someone else's eyes. "
— Pema Chödrön

"…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are."
— Pema Chödrön

Panda

42?
Premium Member
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day"- Slartibartfast, HHGTTG by Douglas Adams

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
"I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant lump of carbon.
I have one life, and it is short
And unimportant&#8230;
But thanks to recent scientific advances
I get to live twice as long as my great great great great uncles and auntses."

Many Sages One Truth

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt loses it's flavor, how can it be salted again? It is good for nothing except to be trampled under foot- Jesus

Compare to the following:

A person is born naturally virtuous, if he loses it, he'll be lucky to make it out alive- Confucius

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Seek for yourself that which is true, for in those truths will you find me. Accept no convention, no tradition, no morals or values unless you yourself discover the wisdom and purpose that benefits you through them. Let not the dogma of others be your burden, or your stumbling block. Be your own soothsayer, your own pardoner, and your own savior.
I am Baphomet. I am the wisdom of the universe which is reflected in all individuals. To know me is to know power, harmony, and freedom. Seek thee out the truth of the self, and the truth of the universe, for you will find me there.

The Baphomet Codex by Ego Diabolus