• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Gems and Stones

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
So this might be fun.

Among gems and stones, what are some of your favorites? I love more than just these listed below, opals are wonderful, white pearl, some jades, spinal, others) but here are some of my top favorites:

Yellow Sapphire (I like Pink Sapphire too, but I could only get away with wearing it if I were a Maharaja).
yellow-sapphire-from-thailand.jpg

Lapis Lazuli - LOVE this stone!
bead-lapis-round.jpg

Combination Lapis with other stones and it's effect! Also Lapis Lazuli against gold.
lapis-lazuli-gold-bracelet.jpg

Green Turquoise (like blue too, but see this drop dead Mojave Turquoise)
Mohave-Green-Turquoise.jpg

Red Coral.
CO401.jpg

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
I love love love Rubies, They're my favourite.

I also really like Pyrope, Similar to Rubies but it has this black undertone.

6247401_orig.jpg

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Pyrope - I have learned a new stone. Beautiful. Shadows in the fire.

Yes Sapphire of many colors, including white, and of course blue.

Corn flower blue. From Afghanistan. The most expensive of all if pure.

Sapphire ... Saff (Saiv) hire (Hira - with diamond stone).
Sapphire - Shiva Stone. Shiva's Diamond.

Jade is also wonderful.

There is tales of the ancient myth, the blue dot diamond. Most precious. The eye of Devi.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been a rock hound since I was a kid, but not so much the jewelry thing. I don't have favorites.

Fulgurite, however, is pretty darned cool. It's something I desperately want to add to my collection, and it will probably go on my altar once I get a piece. Essentially, it is sand that has been fused into glass when lightning has struck sandy beaches. Storm Spirit is one of the gods I honor on a regular basis, so having that would be the closest thing I can get to having lightning on my altar (well, I have a plasma ball too, but it's not the same).

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My wife used to collect gems (set in rings) and has many different gems from all over. Some of her favourites are Tanzanite, Zultanite, Santa Rosa T, various rubies and sapphires.

She never did purchase a Mutuca Indicolite ring, 1carat costing about £900 - £1200, but since London Blue Topaz looks almost exactly the same for less than a tenth of the price, she acquired one of those. These may look different because I have snatched them off bing.... but let's see:-

Mutuca:-
th

London Blue Topaz:-
th

I wonder how these two examples will compare :)

Try this London blue Topaz instead:-

th

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My favourites are jade and lapis. I have a Daoist carved statue in jade and a large piece of high quality lapis that I managed to get at wholesale price. I also have a carnelian thumb stone.

ScottySatan

I like garnet, which is a very deep red. Rubies tend to be kind of pink. The post on pyrope had me interested, but a google image search for garnet turns up the exact same image as the one in that post. Turns out pyrope=red garnet, so you've got two votes for that one.