• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite fruit?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Haha... oops. Yeah... sugar would be listed second among ingredients, right after "rhubarb." Minus sugar (and plus lemon)... yes... rough ride.

And the only reason I add the water is to make sure I can cook it until it is completely softened. Then the puree comes out of the food processor almost like a whip.
I add the sugar, let it sit a bit, and then slowly cook it. If in a rush and making one serving, I slice up the rhubarb, add sugar and zap it. Not all in one go. I will take it out and stir it a few times. When the rhubarb is soft there will be plenty of liquid in the sauce.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As for a tomato, I forgot to add that over here we have this idea that Reagan considered packets of ketchup to count as a serving of vegetables for school lunches.
I love a good tomato. But for years they were hard to find in western Washington. California tomatoes are bred so that they survive shipping. But in the last few years a local stand found a grower in Yakima that grows Sun ripened tomatoes. A Sun ripened tomato will have black cracks where attached to the stem that are a bit off putting the first time you see them. Those cracks are a sign of flavor.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We eat buckets full of fruit. Often fresh picked the day we buy. Strawberries are good, with a dash of black pepper, or with cream, or as a compot on crepes.

I also like watermelon. Ice cold. Just discovered watermelon smoothies and my life is complete. Blitz to juice with crushed ice and a generous few twists of black pepper ( a theme is developing here)

Bananas are cool too, not with black pepper though. Sometimes have them bbqd with chocolate in tinfoil.

And mango too, also make a great mango chutney.

Figs, grow my own, fantastic in salad with goats cheese.

And tomato... Yes tomato is a fruit.

Edit : forgot muscat grapes