• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite fruit?

A Vestigial Mote

Favorite fruit?
Mine's not a fruit... but it's always prepared and eaten like one, so it's a gray area - rhubarb. Amazing stuff. Nothing else quite like it.

And if I had to go with one, legitimate "fruit" - I'd probably choose peaches. Nothing quite like those either.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Mine's not a fruit... but it's always prepared and eaten like one, so it's a gray area - rhubarb. Amazing stuff. Nothing else quite like it.

And if I had to go with one, legitimate "fruit" - I'd probably choose peaches. Nothing quite like those either.
Indeed!

A world without rhubarb and peaches ....well some religious people have a name for such a place: Hell!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Not sure if I ever tried it. :shrug:

Then I am quite sure you never tried it. It smells sooooooo very strong that they are even forbidden to take in the airplanes.;)
But I can eat easily 1 kilo of it (if I really try hard to control my desires; in Sri Lanka it was season I ate like 1,5kg a day [nothing else almost]:p)
[You are not the only Fruit-lover I guess]:cool:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
OH, this is so easy. Elton John! :) (OK, me bad. I'm so weak, I just couldn't resist.)

My real answer is "Cutie" oranges. (Small, mandarin type. Sweet, tart and yummy.)

CutieswithSlices.png

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Rhubarb is definitely a vegetable. But what an amazing one. The easiest thing to make with it is rhubarb sauce. All it takes is rhubarb and sugar. I try to not add too much sugar.

I was going to say Richard Simmons. Way fruitier than Elton John.

And it is cherry season here now. Soon it will be peach and nectarines.

stvdv

I cannot believe you like rubarb. I had one in my garden, and took a piece and chew on it. Yak, too acid for me.
I like sweet fruits much better. Peaches I like very much.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I cannot believe you like rubarb. I had one in my garden, and took a piece and chew on it. Yak, too acid for me.
I like sweet fruits much better. Peaches I like very much.
It is more tart than acidic. Cut up a piece. Dowse it liberally with sugar and zap it in the microwave. Consume straight, on pancakes, or ice cream.

stvdv

It is more tart than acidic. Cut up a piece. Dowse it liberally with sugar and zap it in the microwave. Consume straight, on pancakes, or ice cream.

Okay then I understand; when adding sugar and ice cream or salt anything gets nice:D. Without sugar, just from the garden it's like inedible

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay then I understand; when adding sugar and ice cream or salt anything gets nice:D. Without sugar, just from the garden it's like inedible
No doubt. But it is fun to feed a small piece to an unknowing victim. Of course you would have to eat a piece first.

stvdv

No doubt. But it is fun to feed a small piece to an unknowing victim. Of course you would have to eat a piece first.

And if you really like to surprise someone, you give them an olive. But a raw one. Once I was in a greek kind of shop. And I saw raw olives. I always like to test taste raw fruits (fruit fetish I guess). The man warned me "it might kill you, they taste horrible". Of course now I really wanted to taste it. He was right, I had to spit it out. Rhubarb is like chocolate if compared to raw olive. They are my "most horrible fruit I ever tasted".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And if you really like to surprise someone, you give them an olive. But a raw one. Once I was in a greek kind of shop. And I saw raw olives. I always like to test taste raw fruits (fruit fetish I guess). The man warned me "it might kill you, they taste horrible". Of course now I really wanted to taste it. He was right, I had to spit it out. Rhubarb is like chocolate if compared to raw olive. They are my "most horrible fruit I ever tasted".
I have read that, but not experienced that. Olives are a fruit and need the pickling process to make them edible. Whoever figured out that olives can be good to eat?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My favorite fruit is found in:
Luke 1:42
and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!"

Despite my resentment of Scripture, I still get to daily mass to feast on the holy Eucharist, and find it to be rewarding "fruit".

My second favorite fruit would be cherry tomatoes, provided they aren't overly ripe.

They prove to me God exists.
Something that tastes that good had to be designed to delight certain tastebuds. :p

Of course, i know some people can't stand tomatoes.
I'm sure there is a fruit that does indeed delight thy tastebuds above all others?

Do share?

(Berries count)
Tomatoes. It's A Beautiful Thing. Bada boom bada bing. !0D

A Vestigial Mote

Rhubarb is definitely a vegetable. But what an amazing one. The easiest thing to make with it is rhubarb sauce.
I make a sauce (just water, rhubarb, plus half a lemon's juice and a pinch of cinnamon) and then usually do one of two things with it:
1. throw it in the dehydrator to make a "fruit" leather - which is freaking amazing
2. freeze it for later use in frozen margaritas - also freaking amazing

A Vestigial Mote

Add sugar to rhubarb and it has one of the most exquisite tastes - there's obviously no way to describe it - but it is awesome. I honestly wish I could set a bowl of the dried rhubarb leathers I make out for you all to try. I had never had it before I simply got the idea to try and make some. After I got done and first tasted it, it was so good my reaction was "Whoa... I made this?!", and then I looked for pigs in the sky.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I make a sauce (just water, rhubarb, plus half a lemon's juice and a pinch of cinnamon) and then usually do one of two things with it:
1. throw it in the dehydrator to make a "fruit" leather - which is freaking amazing
2. freeze it for later use in frozen margaritas - also freaking amazing
no sugar? Man that is going to be tart. I like a pinch of cinnamon too, though with sugar. I don't add water. The rhubarb has plenty inside of it.

A Vestigial Mote

no sugar? Man that is going to be tart. I like a pinch of cinnamon too, though with sugar. I don't add water. The rhubarb has plenty inside of it.
Haha... oops. Yeah... sugar would be listed second among ingredients, right after "rhubarb." Minus sugar (and plus lemon)... yes... rough ride.

And the only reason I add the water is to make sure I can cook it until it is completely softened. Then the puree comes out of the food processor almost like a whip.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As for a tomato, I forgot to add that over here we have this idea that Reagan considered packets of ketchup to count as a serving of vegetables for school lunches.