• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Console Games?

Stellify

StarChild
There may have already been a thread like this, but I didn't see one, and I was curious (I'm a total nerd most times :D) soooo....
What kind of consoles have you had/do you currently have and what were your favorite games to play?

I'll start:

Sega Genesis (I still have it and play on a semi-regular basis)
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Earthworm Jim
Toejam & Earl series

N64
Turok
Smash Bros.
Zelda

PS2
FF (various ones)
God of War
Battlefront (butt-kickin' sniper, baby! :cool:)
Rainbow Six

Xbox360
Oblivion (I'm in love with this game...:hug:)

Cynic

There may have already been a thread like this, but I didn't see one, and I was curious (I'm a total nerd most times :D) soooo....
What kind of consoles have you had/do you currently have and what were your favorite games to play?

I'll start:

Sega Genesis (I still have it and play on a semi-regular basis)
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Earthworm Jim
Toejam & Earl series
A while back some of my acquaintances and I played games on Nintendo. To my amazement, it was incredibly fun. Plus, it brought back all those good memories of playing Bubble and Bobble, Dig Dug, Punch-Out!, Rampage, TMNT, etc.

Personally, I've had an Atari, a Nintendo, a Super Nintendo, and a PS2. But, my console days are mostly over. Most of my games (which I rarely play now) are on PC:

Oblivion
The Sims 2, including all expansion packs. When is Spore coming out?! *pulls hair out*
Civilizations 4
Medieval 2: Total War, and Total War Kingdoms
Chessmaster 10th Edition
...The list is much bigger, but I don't want to sound like a total geek... :)

My 10 favorite games of all time:
Final Fantasy 2, 3, 7, and 10
Oblivion
City of Heroes
The Sims
Civilizations 2
Out of this World
Super Mario Brothers 3

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Stellify, you had almost the same consoles as me :D

Atari:
-Riverraid

Megadrive:
-Mortal Kombat, Sonic & Knuckles (3)

N64:
-Waverace, Turok and MarioKart

Gamecube:
- Nothing :|

PS2 (on the moment):
-Wipe out and katamari

Wii:
-Monkeyball, Tiger Woods and loads of more..

Stellify

StarChild
A while back some of my acquaintances and I played games on Nintendo. To my amazement, it was incredibly fun. Plus, it brought back all those good memories of playing Bubble and Bobble, Dig Dug, Punch-Out!, Rampage, TMNT, etc.
Yeah, I love the old stuff. Here we have the old, arcade-style Pac-Man and Space Invaders:D

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I've found that my favorite games are for the PC. Controls are just so much easier to use.

Civilization IV Series
Morrowind: Elder Scrolls 3
World of Warcraft
Command and Conquer: Generals/Tiberium Wars
Titan Quest
Nox
Warcraft 3
F.E.A.R.
Flight Simulator 10 (I believe that's the new one)
Neverwinter Nights
Unreal Tournament

waacman

Restoration of everything
Sega Genesis:
Streets of rage (1,2, and 3)
Earthworm Jim and 2
Vectorman

Nintendo:
Zelda
Donkey Kongs
Super Metroid

N64:
Mario Kart 64

PS2
none

xbox:
Halo, Halo 2
Morrorwind

Xbox 360
Halo 3
Oblivion
Half Life 2

I'm kind of a hybrid PC/Console guy, really love both and gaming in general

Stellify

StarChild
What did you think of Morrowind vs. Oblivion? I've heard that Oblivion is sort of...organized a little better? The leveling system and such I've heard makes exploring around a little easier.
I have Oblivion (whole reason I bought my 360 lol) but I've never played Morrowind and was curious.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
NES:
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda 2
Metriod
Demon Star
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Castlevania 1/2/3
Ninja Gaiden 1/2/3

SNES:
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
FF 2/3/4/5/6
Super Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
Legend of Mana
Breath of Fire
Super Castlevania
Castlevania: Rhondo of Blood
Super Metroid

Sega Genesis:
Shining Force
Streets of Rage 1/2/3
Castlevania: Bloodlines

N64:
Fighting Force
Golden Eye 007
Perfect Dark
Turok
Star Fox
Quest 64
Shadows of the Empire
Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Playstation;
Star Ocean: The Second Story
FF 7/8/9
Castlevania: SOTN
Chrono Cross
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Legend of Dragoon
Metal Gear Solid

Gamecube:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 1/2
Eternal Darkness; Sanities Requiem

PS2:
Guitar Hero 1/2

XBOX:
Black
Ninja Gaiden; Black

XBOX 360;
Bioshock

PC;
World of Warcraft
Oblivion
Morrowind (allthough it is just too damned long)
Diablo 2: LOD
Starcraft

Stellify

StarChild
XBOX 360;
Bioshock
Is it awesome?:clap2: It looked like it would be *so* freakin' cool..
I've been wanting to play for sooo long, but I'm a broke college student and can't afford to indulge myself as much as I'd like. Grrr... :149:

Cynic

What did you think of Morrowind vs. Oblivion? I've heard that Oblivion is sort of...organized a little better? The leveling system and such I've heard makes exploring around a little easier.
I have Oblivion (whole reason I bought my 360 lol) but I've never played Morrowind and was curious.
Well I haven't played Morrowind, but I became interested in all the previous Elder Scrolls after playing Oblivion. Did you know that Daggerfall boasted around 63,000 square miles of explorable areas? Oblivion only has 16, and I think Morrowind only has 6-7. I wonder what the next Elder Scroll game will be like... *ponders*

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man (the best war game evr made)

Virtua Tennis

Fight Night Round 3

Pro Evo 8 (i know it aint out yet but i know it will be good)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They are both great games in their own right. Allthough in Oblivion, the quest directions are more clear, and it has the compass that points you in the direction (which is a bad feature IMO as it reduces the adventure of finding things). Morrowind is LONG. I mean really, really, REALLY f'ing long. Also, if I remember right, you cannot complete all the guild quest in Morrowind as some quest for other guilds require you to kill guild leaders of opposing guilds, which makes it impossible to complete all quests for both guilds. Also in Morrowind, rather than making key characters become unconscious, you can actually kill them. Allthough doing so makes it impossible to finish the main quest. Morrowind does not have horses either. It does have large insect things that work for transportation, but they cost and only take you from one city to another.

Aqualung

Tasty
The only good consoles are the ones that support Splinter Cell, and the only good console game is Splinter Cell. :D

I take that back. Play Station had that game "Jet Moto" which was really good. And Mortal Combat was a good game for all the consoles I played it on. And Tekan II was good, but I don't remember what that was for.

Cynic

...Morrowind is LONG. I mean really, really, REALLY f'ing long...
I wonder how much longer is it than Oblivion? I still haven't finished that game. Last time I played, I was protecting Bruma--with a level 50 character--from a horde of Deadra that spawned from oblivion gates.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wonder how much longer is it than Oblivion? I still haven't finished that game. Last time I played, I was protecting Bruma--with a level 50 character--from a horde of Deadra that spawned from oblivion gates.
Your getting close to the end. You still gotta bit of ways to go, but your close. A small tip though, make sure you got enough time to dedicate to playing it (an hour or sow), when you finish that and enter the main Oblivion gate as that mission is timed.
But Morrowind.....my god that game is LONG. I have not finished it myself. One of my friends played the game religiously and it took him three months to finish it. An old Toonami review (yes, I use to watch that) said "but the game is so long that most players will not stick around for the ending." It even said that is the games only downfall.
And I will say, do not level much higher. At lvl 60, the game becomes so difficult it's almost impossible without cheating. Even the lowly ghost in the elvish ruins pose a major threat without enchanted weapons.
But, back to Morrowind, don't let the length turn you off. While by todays standards, it is far below average, but I remember the day I first started that game. I was just as much blown away by the graphics and game play as I was by Oblivion. And Morrowind is sooooooooooooooo ******* long its not funny.
And yes, Daggerfall does have an astronomically high amount of square miles. Allegedly, it took 6 weeks of auto run to get from one border to the next. Oblivion has 16 square miles, but doesn't seem that bad since you can auto travel or get a horse. Morrowind is only about half of that, which does seem ridiculously long unless your a vampire since there are no speedy methods of transportation, save the insect looking thing.

Ori

Angel slayer
My favourite kind of list ( I think ). Only problem is that there are so many damn games to play. Anywho, here is a list of some of my favourites...

Zelda : A link to the past - Snes
Mario Kart - Snes
Super Metroid - Snes
Yoshis Island - Snes
Sim City - Snes ( Actually the game is the same on any platform, but this was the first time I played it )

Gunstar Heroes - Genesis
Sonic 2 - Genesis
Pirates Gold - Genesis

Nights into dreams - Saturn
Guardian Heroes - Saturn

Pilotwings 64 - N64
The New Tetris - N64

Halo - Xbox
Half Life 2 - Xbox ( My PC can't run the bloody thing )

Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube
Super Monkey Ball - Gamecube

Bangai -0 - Dreamcast

Ico - Ps2

Plus the Silent hill series, any 2d fighters involving Capcom or SNK and sensible Soccer.

This is just a rough list, i'm sure there are games I can't recall at this time.

Stellify

StarChild
Oblivion only has 16,
Really? Huh.
Do you know if that's counting the Shivering Isles? (I love that expansion...it kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Just more...demented/manic:D)
Luke Wolf said:
They are both great games in their own right. Allthough in Oblivion, the quest directions are more clear, and it has the compass that points you in the direction (which is a bad feature IMO as it reduces the adventure of finding things). Morrowind is LONG. I mean really, really, REALLY f'ing long.
Yeah...The compass can make things a bit too easy at times, and I try not to use it too much. But it has gotten me out of some sticky situations before:rolleyes:
I've heard that Morrowind is really long. Is it just the man story line that's long, or all of the side quests and stuff? I know I've spent hours working on all of the guild quests, miscellaneous side quests, and expansion quests in Oblivion and hardly touched the main story.
I've also heard that in Morrowind they made certain areas really hard (ie: higher level beasties), whereas in Oblivion the entire world levels up with you.
Luke Wolf said:
Oblivion has 16 square miles, but doesn't seem that bad since you can auto travel or get a horse.
The horses help, but I don't like the fact that you have to climb off of the freakin' thing to fight while some critter is sitting there waiting for you. I usually just end up walking:shrug:

Cynic

Really? Huh.
Do you know if that's counting the Shivering Isles? (I love that expansion...it kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Just more...demented/manic:D)
No, the original Oblivion has 16 miles. I'm sure the expansion has added to that.

Stellify said:
I've also heard that in Morrowind they made certain areas really hard (ie: higher level beasties), whereas in Oblivion the entire world levels up with you.
I dunno about that. I had a level 50 character and I noticed that the difficulty level is proportional to the level of your character. Although I kept myself from dying by using very powerful enchanted armor and weapons. (You can use the power of those stones--You know, the ones you recieve after closing oblivion gates.) They're often a tad bit more powerful than using those crystal thingies (its been a while since I've played. :)) Also, Oblivion can be exceptionally hard and time consuming for archers (from what I remember.)