• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Bible error

Muffled

Jesus in me
I would expect a deity/god/all/universal divine/universal reality to do better than to record its message in one historical language - a language (along with texts) which can become lost, misunderstood, misinterpreted, mishandled, misrecorded, mistranslated; not to mention, giving its message through a limited number of intermediaries (creating an intercessory hierarchy or prophets/priests/etc. to be believed in) instead of revealing itself directly to everyone, through all time. That's all quite short sighted of a deity who is expected to be omniscient, omnipresent, and almighty.

I'm not singling out Christianity, as this argument applies to any faith-based religion.

IMO, if there was a supreme deity or universal reality, the best way would be to record its message in the laws of reality itself, laws plainly evident to everyone, through all time - past, present, future - a message which is clear, permanent, and undeniable, without the need for intermediaries or "interpreters" of the "divine will".

I believe of course there would be one source so one language but God doesn't stop there because the Bible is printed in every possible language.

I believe possibilities are not even a good as probabilities and there is no proof that anything was lost.

I believe there is absolutely no text that can't fall victim to mismanagement by men.

I believe the message has been spread over all the earth by thousands of apostles and missionaries.

buddhist

I believe of course there would be one source so one language but God doesn't stop there because the Bible is printed in every possible language.

I believe possibilities are not even a good as probabilities and there is no proof that anything was lost.

I believe there is absolutely no text that can't fall victim to mismanagement by men.

I believe the message has been spread over all the earth by thousands of apostles and missionaries.
Yes, I understand you believe this, but do you know this?

Muffled

Jesus in me
How do you know he lives in you, and how do you know he predicted the future accurately?

I believe that Jesus promised that He would live in me and that it is He who lives in me. I know the future is predicted accurately when it happens the way it has been predicted.

james bond

So you believe, but not know, correct?

God said that we will not know the beginning nor the end of life. He said He kept this for Himself. Thus, we will not know how and when life began/begins nor how and when life ends/will end. Otherwise, we still have lots to "know." The rest is what I believe to be real in this life.