• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fault Vs Responsibility

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

What do you think it rings true for me and in many other ways. For example I'm a technician its my responsibility to fix machines, so many techs find fault with the operators, managers and materials rather then actually taking the responsibility to fix the machines themselves and end up causing more non-technical problems. I will admit when I was younger I was one of those techs but experience taught me the truth.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
On an emotional level, I agree. People can get stuck in a blaming mode.

Since you mention tech, we used to do "root cause" fault analysis when something went wrong. The purpose was to find and fix the problem so "fault finding" is a good idea in that kind of situation.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
On an emotional level, I agree. People can get stuck in a blaming mode.

Since you mention tech, we used to do "root cause" fault analysis when something went wrong. The purpose was to find and fix the problem so "fault finding" is a good idea in that kind of situation.

I agree fault finding is a good idea to prevent future failures but people get hung up on the faults to much. It works the in other area's I was thinking crime as well, it the police's responsibility to find the person at fault for the crime, it the juries responsibility to insure the police did the proper job, it the judges responsibility to determine the penalty. It was the criminals fault but many others have the responsiblity to correct the fault.