• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father and Daughter Showering Together

At what age should a father and daughter no longer shower together?

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 5 11.1%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 3 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Fathers and Daughters can shower together, regardless of the age

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Fathers and Daughters should never shower together

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Littledragon

Questing Dragon
I voted never, but the whole issue makes me uncomfortable.

Now I've read the whole thread but I don't think Nutshell has told us his take on the matter

Sweet water and light laughter
Littledragon

Dream Angel

Hmmm, difficult question. I have never showered with anyone, as I only had showers when I was old enough to do it on my own (I had baths before that so I didnt smell! :) ) - besides I dont think my shower would fit two people in unless it was for sexual purposes! So that said I would prob say never! The other thing is what is the point in showering together? Now if you asked me, how old do you think the girl should be before the father not see her naked in the shower - I would say whenever the girl felt uncomfortable with it (or the father!). I mean my dad doesnt see me naked anymore, but I quite happily run around in underwear infront of him! and I am 21!

Dream Angel

I showered with my father when I was wee one, actually when my Mom was in the hospital, giving birth to my sister.

I was two and a half and I remember pointing to his private area and asking him what it was. He never put me in the shower with him again.

Every parenting book I've read has said about the same thing...that the age that children start to become aware of nudity is typically around age 3.

In our household, this has rang true. My husband has never bathed or showered with our children but I've bathed with my oldest and at around three years old, she started to point and ask questions. I answered her questions honestly and ceased to bathe or change around her.

I've been interrupted while trying to get dressed. I politely explain to my children that Mommies need their privacy.

Once Emmie started asking questions about the body, I informed her that our body parts belong to ourselves and people shouldn't touch our body parts and that we should keep our body parts to ourselves.

Every kid is different. Emily is quite inquisitive as I was at an early age. My two year old isn't as inquisitive as her sister was at this age.

Every parent is different as well.

I wouldn't have felt comfy at all bathing with a son. And my hubby would never bathe or shower with the girls.

You right with every parent is different. My dad and mum will go in the shower room to make sure my bro is ok. And both dont mind my bro going in while they are in the shower (although they dont shower/bathe together!).

My mum is quite happy for me to see her naked, Ill go chat to her while she is getting changed or in the bath! (unless she is trying to relax). She also sees me in the bath/shower when she comes into have a wash or say bye if shes going out.

I think everyone is different and it depends on the sex of the child/parent!

Hope

Princesinha
Such an odd poll, I had to participate.

I voted never.

My dad was a "hands-off" dad when it came to bathing and diapering---my mom did all of that. Extreme modesty was something indoctrinated into me from a very young age. So even now I never undress or shower or get naked in front of anyone if I can help it.:cover: The only person who's ever going to see me naked, or take a shower with me, is my future husband.

Mustard Seed

Jack of all trades... :)
I voted never. I remember seeing my parents naked when I was a kid.....It was a disturbing experience for me growing up.